Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tombraiderguy aka demon

OMG!!!! SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Fusion

If anyone wants to take a look some pretty big spoilers are on youtube. There are a few cutscenes without audio and one thing i've found out it the camera

might be the way that Zip and Lara talk.

Which makes alot of sense. Cause they said it was limited and it must mean that its limited until

lara uses the camera.

If anyone wants to take a look some pretty big spoilers are on youtube. There are a few cutscenes without audio and one thing i've found out it the camera

might be the way that Zip and Lara talk.

Which makes alot of sense. Cause they said it was limited and it must mean that its limited until

lara uses the camera.

As far as I can tell, it's now Lara completely alone when she's exploring.In my opinion, the camera is purely there to record her commentary on the things she sees and then she'll have Alister and Zip watch it when she gets home. If you have the choice over a headset and a camera to speak to someone into, the headset seems more practical to me as her headset used to pick up footage too so maybe we won't hear Zip and Alister at all whilst exploring. They'll probably only feature in the cutscenes of Croft Manor, or other cutscenes when they are physically there.

MsC

Guest Fusion

Good point... we have seen in the last trailer that Zip asks a question and lara answers its obviously a voice over on the clip. But the tone doesnt seem right to be a 1-2-1 conversation. Not like the drop it bit. Or the I need a hammer bit. But those are quite tense scenes

Edited by Fusion

It's not so much the lack of alternatives, it's just... you know, climb onto this ledge, then jump to grab the painfully obvious - er, grabbable thingy on a column, then look back and jump off to grab another painfully obvious grabbable thingy on the other column, and so on and so forth. I liked Anniversary a lot (though I'm one of those who really believe they could have delivered a much better game with Legend, regardless of it being their first TR game), but I get the feeling they followed the same basic gameplay formula with this one. Not to write the game off altogether while we know so little about it - I'm definitely very excited for it and will play it when it comes out - but in all honesty, this video did take away a bit of my excitement.

I couldn't agree more - this is the reason I haven't yet finished Anniversary - I got a bit sick of the 'sameness'. In earlier TR games, we expected the unexpected and we got that, a few 'jump out of your seat' moments that simply haven't been recreated in the later games. I found a lot of areas to be very similar with the same obstacles to overcome in each area - It just needs to be a bit more varied and not ledge-leaping continually.

I'll probably buy the new game and hope I'll be impressed.

That's a LOT of ledges again. Yeah and like you guys said quite obvious where you have to jump. She looks stunning tough! I like how she puts her hands in front of her face when leaves get in the way. I'm still overexcited tough! Can't wait for the demo.

●Dark

Edited by ●Dark