LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

LCO NFL Fantalk 2008

Blade

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off season transactions are important to all teams in the NFL, particularly for the Carolina Panthers. Just this past week they extended Cam Newton's contract for 5 more years, $100 million in total. So here's an article to recap on that, there's also some video and pictures to see as well:

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Recapping-Cams-contract/a585dfa1-1c75-4a9f-98d5-94a4f1760df6

• 3 months later...

The Carolina Panthers started off the 2015 season with a win in Jacksonville. 20-9 was the final score. I didn't get to watch it today, but i heard the final minute of the game as i got off work. Panthers defense played very well, cornerback Josh Norman came up with a 30 yard interception return for a touchdown. A scary monent did happen during the game (I saw the highlights) linebacker Luke Kuechly, who had just signed a 5 year/$62 million contract a few days before the game, suffered a concussion while making a tackle. Nothing has been said as to whether he will play the home opener next week against Houston. Anyway that's pretty much it, until next week.

The Texans still stink.

They lost their first game again.

They are doing the same crap they did last year.

Playing musical Quarterback and none of them, from the starter (which they can't decide on whom is the starter) to the 2-3 backup QB, none of them are any good.

They should had kept Tim Tebow!

Week 1 highlights here:

https://www.nfl.com/now?module=now_traffic_driver

Edited by J7Dadda

Some great news to share here, the Carolina Panthers acquired defensive end Jared Allen in a trade from the Chicago Bears. The Panthers send a conditional 2016 draft pick to the Bears. Jared Allen has to pass a physical, but that should be no problem. So the defense just got better. When Luke Kuechly comes back from his concussion, then the defense will be even better. I can't wait to see Jared Allen in Panthers colors on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

If any of you are friends with me on Facebook, then you all know just how happy i was yesterday. Panthers finally won a game over the Seahawks, payback was nice considering the Seahawks put the Panthers out of the playoffs last season. Despite 2 interceptions Cam Newton led the Panthers down the field in the last minutes of the game and connected with Greg Olsen for the winning touchdown. I'm putting up a link to that highlight. So the announcers you will hear on the clip will be the Panthers radio commentators, Mick Mixon and Eugene Robinson, i was as excited as they were when the play went down.

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Play_of_the_Game_Cam_Newton_to_Greg_Olsen_TD/b6a03a6c-22ec-41ed-9126-4fa371a269e2

Next opponent will be the Philadelphia Eagles and its a Sunday night game on NBC

• 2 weeks later...
So this is why the Bengals are 6-0. They have been playing crappy teams.

1 SEP 13 WIN AT BENGALS 33 RAIDERS 13

2 SEP 20 WIN CHARGERS 19 BENGALS 24

3 SEP 27 WIN AT BENGALS 28 RAVENS 24

4 OCT 4 WIN CHIEFS 21 BENGALS 36

5 OCT 11 WIN SEAHAWKS 24 BENGALS 27

6 OCT 18 WIN AT BENGALS 34 BILLS 21

Looking at the rest of the season they only have 2 worthy opponents to play against: Denver and Arizona!

9 Nov 05 CLE @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 8:25 PM Tickets NFLN

10 Nov 16 HOU @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 8:30 PM Tickets ESPN

11 Nov 22 CIN @ ARI University of Phoenix Stadium 4:05 PM Tickets CBS

12 Nov 29 STL @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

13 Dec 06 CIN @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

14 Dec 13 PIT @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

15 Dec 20 CIN @ SF Levi's Stadium 8:30 PM Tickets NBC

16 Dec 28 CIN @ DEN Sports Authority Field at Mile High 8:30 PM Tickets ESPN

17 Jan 03 BAL @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

It's easy to be 6-0 when you have a soft schedule with 14 easy games.

:ohmy2::ohmy2::ohmy2::ohmy2::ohmy2:

WOW!

The Carolina Panthers won in a thrilling Monday night football game in overtime to remain undefeated at 7-0.

WOW!!

:ohmy2::ohmy2::ohmy2::ohmy2::ohmy2:

When did the NFL change the overtime rules?
It used to be the first team that scores in overtime wins.
Now it's both teams get a chance at the ball and in the case of the Panthers vs Colts overtime game, the Colts scored a field goal first in OT.
Then the Panthers scored a field goal to tied the game.
Then the next team that scores wins the game.
So if no teams scores after each possession it can go on forever until each team scores and then one team scores again in Sudden Death?
I prefer the old way: the first team that scores in OT wins.
Edited by J7Dadda

• 2 weeks later...

James, the NFL changed the OT rules a couple years ago. NFL adopted the college OT rules to give both teams a chance to score, its still 15 minutes like in regulation. Personally i like the new rules, that game vs the Colts had 3 made field goals and 2 made by the Panthers. Its a new record for an OT game. But if either team gets a touchdown first in OT, the game is over and the P.A. is not attempted

I'm waiting for Sunday so i can watch the Panthers go to 9-0 and win over the Titans

We Finally Won One and a Big Win too!]

We beat the UNDEFEATED CINCINNATI BENGALS!

I thought I was going to have a heart attack during the last 2 minutes of the game!

Edited by J7Dadda

I saw an article somewhere that said the Panthers will be an elite team should they win against Dallas on Thanksgiving day. That's what it takes to be elite, to win against a 2-7 team that's falling apart. If the Panthers were to win the Super Bowl this season, i bet still they won't be elite. But that's a way off, Got to watch them beat the Redskins first. 10-0 its gonna happen

• 3 weeks later...

Is there no stopping the Panthers?

They are the only undefeated team in the NFL

They are also the only team in the NFL that have clinched their division right now at 13th week into the season.

If you told me that this was going to happen at the start of the season, I would had looked at you strangely.

Are the Panthers winning because of their QB Cam Newton?

If he was to get hurt, will that mean they won't have an offense anymore?

How is their defense if they have to solely rely on it to win games?

• 2 weeks later...

After watching the Panthers game yesterday, its clear they didn't play close out football. They had the Giants down 35-7 and that's what the score should've been at the end. It looked to me the Panthers weren't getting the pass rush, and getting to Eli at all in the second half.

But these next two games, the Panthers better take care of the players. Cam took a hit to his shoulder, i hope that doesn't become a problem this week when they go to play the Falcons.

14-0. division champs for the 3rd straight year, and first round bye for the playoffs. Someone has to trip up the Cardinals in these last games, i want the playoffs to come through Charlotte.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a lot of sites that say that the Broncos and Panthers won't make it to the Super Bowl. It just irks me the way they talk about the Panthers, no respect at all.I bet you if the Panthers don't win it all, Cam Newton will not get the MVP award. 10 Panthers got selected to the Pro Bowl, i'd like to see them all there after winning SB 50.