LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

LCO NFL Fantalk 2008

Blade

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!

Congrats to the Carolina Panthers for beating Miami and winning their 7th game in a row!!

On a side note:

How can a game (Min vs GB, 26-26 OT) end on an OT and tied?

Don't they play until one team scores?

And....

The Houston Texans lost their 9th game in a row, to a 1-9 Jacksonville Jaguars.

How can you lose to a team with a season record that's worst than your own?

:angry2:

Edited by J7Dadda

Overtime rules have changed a lot. Remember how they did the coin flip, if the team that called it won, they got the ball and all that was needed a field goal to win. Opposing team offense would never get a chance to get on field.

Now a field goal means nothing, one team can make it. But shoud the other team scores a touchdown on their possession they win the game. If they were both tied into OT and neither team scored, then that makes it a tie.

Hate to say it the Texans aren't good at all without Matt Schaub at QB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
OH NO!
NOT Seattle in the Super Bowl!!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
If Seattle was still in the AFC, they wouldn't even had made it to the playoffs!
Furthermore, the officiating has been down right awful and amateur these past 2 weeks.

Carolina should had won the game last week if it wasn't for those bad Zebras' calls!
Edited by J7Dadda

So now they are saying the Super Bowl maybe played between Friday, January 31st and Monday, February 3rd, if a snowstorm is predicted to hit the NJ area.

So how are the people who have tickets to the game know when to go?

Some of them probably won't even get to NJ until Saturday so if the game is played on Friday, those people are out of luck!

Or if the game is played on Monday and many of those people already have airline tickets to leave on Monday, they are out of luck too!

NFL is going to change the date just because of bad weather, it has already been set for Feb. 2 which is a sunday. You don't see the NFL stepping in to change dates of regular season games due to bad weather, if it rains or snows so be it. How about the frigid cold in Green Bay, no stopping that playoff game. Weather is always a factor for outdoor stadiums, if the NFL is so concerned with it then the next Super Bowl should be in an indoor stadium

• 2 weeks later...

I have $200 on the Broncos and 2 points in Las Vegas betting.

That's something i will never do. Sorry if you watched the game James, you lost that $200.

I'll also never try to predict a winner, i'm usually wrong about 95% of the time

• 6 months later...
I know pre-season doesn't mean much and over the past 37 years, I've seen teams that did well in pre-season tanked into the gutter in the regular season and teams that did very poorly in pre-season go to the Playoffs and even the Super Bowl.

But still, so far this pre-season the Giants are on top 4-0 (it's only week 3 but they had an extra pre-season game).

The Ravens and the Vikings and the Saints are 2-0 along with the Broncos.

The Saints?

I hate the Saints!

Bunch of Cheaters!

So the Panthers have a great chance of making it to the playoffs this season, they're 1-2 one game left against the Steelers. Of course i don't like the Saints either, they're a division rival.

So i found out on the radio that Panthers QB Cam Newton suffered an injury to his ribs during the game at New England. This is why the starters should not play the preseason, he could've been hurt a lot worse and missed the whole season. I know its a way of life in the NFL, injuries do happen. But really the NFL should consider only the reserves play most of the preseason, but let the starters have just one quarter per game.

I agree about starters not playing during pre-season but at the same time, how will they get themselves acclimate to new coaches, new players, and shake the cobwebs off themselves after doing nothing over Spring and Summer?

Back to the Cowboys:

even the Texans are 2-2 and we have a QB problem.

3 QBs and they are all no good!

Edited by J7Dadda

'Houston Texans trade for QB Ryan Mallett of New England Patriots'
Is this trade better for the Texans QB and Offensive Line wise or worse?

Haven't really seen Ryan Mallett. I would think being backup to Tom Brady, unless he gets injured or its preseason, he wouldn't get much playing time.