Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fusion

[spoiler] Natla information

Guest Fusion

Jacqueline Natla's Background :

Natla was one of the three legendary Rulers of Atlantis, along with Tihocan and Qualopec. Together they created the Scion, a device of immeasurable power. This device was split into three parts, one for each of the rulers, representing the democracy that Atlantis lived by.

Natla abused this power, however, using the Scion to experiment in genetic engineering and create a new, improved race of Atlanteans. When they learned of this, Tihocan and Qualopec sentenced Natla to eternal imprisonment, freezing her and then burying her in present day New Mexico.

During World War II, the U.S. began testing nuclear weapons in Los Alamos, New Mexico. One of these tests happened to detonate very near to Natla's prison, freeing her from her eternal punishment.

Natla adopted the guise of Jacqueline Natla and founded Natla Technologies, a very successful company which gave her considerable financial backing. With the rest of her people long dead, there was no one to stand in the way of her experiments, and she began to research the whereabouts of the Scion.

Natla's powers, at least in Continuity 2 (Crystal Dynamics, TRA), seem to include superstrength, supernatural firepower, the ability to fly and the ability to teleport. She can also apparently shapeshift and is able to change from human to Atlantean form.

In the original game (TR1, Continuity 1) it is suggested that her wings are a mutant that she wears on her shoulders, and that her ability to shoot fireballs is due to a mutant attached or grafted to her forearm. There is no hint in TR1 that she has the ability to shapeshift or teleport, or that she has superstrength or is immortal. It is arguable that the conversion of Natla from human to superhuman in the style of a DC or Marvel Comics or Disney villianness, demonstrates the move from a British (Core Design) to an American (Crystal Dynamics) aesthetic.

In Search Of The Gates Of Avalon :

Natla will reappear in Tomb Raider Underworld; her physical appearance has been shown in a Spanish gaming magazine, but the image is fuzzy on fault of the magazine.

Lara runs into Jacqueline Natla at the end of the Mediterranean section, after retrieving Thor's Gauntlet. She's been attacked by mercenaries and robbed of the gauntlets but was able to follow them onto a ship. She enters a cargo hold where she finds a glass tank in its centre. She approaches the glass tube and is heard saying "No..!" the screen gets dark and Natla's voice is heard, saying "I'm very pleased to see you again Lara". It is later revealed that in this cargo hold Lara runs into Amanda Evert who tries to revive Natla using the gauntlets. During this episode Natla reveals to Lara that Avalon and Helheim are the same and that she should continue her search in Thailand. Something yet untold to the public must have happened between Amanda and Natla that would make Natla unhappy, as Alister reveals in an early cutscene from Thailand, saying "I'd hate to be Amanda if Natla ever gets free" to which Zip replies "I'd hate to be any of us".

What Natla looks like

http://www.laracroftonline.net/index.php?showtopic=4221

Edited by Fusion

Oh I was right with the whole Helheim being the same as Avalon thing. And she can shapeshift...grr, that means she may be the imposter in Lara's manor...

MsC

Guest Fusion

I dont think she can teleport, if you look in the last level of Anniversary she flies. (you know when you shoot her and she gets mad then she moves to the left, or behind... she flies just fast)

and then the shape shift its says she shifts from Atlantean to Natla, not to lara, that explosion is stupid it has to be a gas explosion cause of the damage its not a bomb and i think she would have seen the odd bomb hanging around...