Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Demo Impressions and Screenshots.

Ms.Croft

You remapped them to the Legend controls? I had to remap the Legend controls to the TR:U controls earlier, because they're absolute rubbish otherwise. <_<

*sigh* fifteen days to go.... :unsure:

I loved it, I can't wait for the game. I really liked everything, especially the water, hey I see SHARKS! well I actually haven't shot any hehehe just let em' swim next to Lara. I see Lara gets dirty too, and I liked the way her arms push away the plants as she goes through them. Squishing or kicking those bats and jumping spiders is FUN! Like you can kick them in mid-air too :D. Coastal Thailand is beautiful, everything looks amazing. I have always wanted to use weapons underwater, and so I'm so happy I can do that now.

tomb-raider-underworld-20080818024754847

>Purple<

EDIT: Can someone move this post to the "Demo Impressions and Screenshots." topic? I just saw that right now sorry.

Done ;) ~ Cathy

Edited by Shrensh

I just finished my 3rd round (2nd, I guess.. first one didn't really count) and I found 9 secrets! Not sure where the others are but I've got some questions.

Why does she look up there? A secret?

whatsthere.jpg

You mention a really hard to find secret in the tiger's area. I found one in one of the areas (2nd one) but it wasn't hard, it was just behind a wall. Where's the other one?

Anyone tried to go down to one of the side platforms right at the end? (Without getting killed??) I see some pots on the left side and wondered if you can get to them or not...

Loving it, no matter how many times i play. I guess that's the best sign of a good/excellent game! :)

BPanther

Defientley impressed by the demo. The environent is beautiful, and Lara's movement some of the best I've seen in any game.

Was a bit annoyed by some invisible walls at the start (very 90s..), and the AI still needs some work (Although it's better than in TRA), but overall.. I'm really looking forward to playing the full game

Defientley impressed by the demo. The environent is beautiful, and Lara's movement some of the best I've seen in any game.

Was a bit annoyed by some invisible walls at the start (very 90s..), and the AI still needs some work (Although it's better than in TRA), but overall.. I'm really looking forward to playing the full game

Do you mean how if you swim past her yacht towards the horizon she just stops moving onwards? I found that a bit amateur too, but obviously they couldn't let it go on forever and the clichéd getting stuck in the room you begin in has been done far too often previously, but I don't know how they could 'mask' it from happening so it doesn't look so fake. They could have done the whole 'Character tells you not to go that way' thing, which I guess in some way fits Lara's character well since she said she needed to move inland, so they could have just had her go "I need to go further inland..." as you reached the border of the level and had you automatically turn back around.

I agree with the AI...it's rather bad, however I've found the fights in this game much more challenging which I'm happy with. In Anniversary, I could pretty much get through the entire game without taking damage from any of the enemies due to them being far too easy to dodge, however (Though this may be due to dodgy camera issues since I have been leapt onto from a Tiger I had no idea was behind me) Underworld's dodging is still good if you master it, but a lot harder. I haven't managed to get through the demo without at least being hurt by a tiger yet...which I'm happy with! :lol:

MsC

Do you mean how if you swim past her yacht towards the horizon she just stops moving onwards? I found that a bit amateur too, but obviously they couldn't let it go on forever and the clichéd getting stuck in the room you begin in has been done far too often previously, but I don't know how they could 'mask' it from happening so it doesn't look so fake. They could have done the whole 'Character tells you not to go that way' thing, which I guess in some way fits Lara's character well since she said she needed to move inland, so they could have just had her go "I need to go further inland..." as you reached the border of the level and had you automatically turn back around.

I agree with the AI...it's rather bad, however I've found the fights in this game much more challenging which I'm happy with. In Anniversary, I could pretty much get through the entire game without taking damage from any of the enemies due to them being far too easy to dodge, however (Though this may be due to dodgy camera issues since I have been leapt onto from a Tiger I had no idea was behind me) Underworld's dodging is still good if you master it, but a lot harder. I haven't managed to get through the demo without at least being hurt by a tiger yet...which I'm happy with! :lol:

MsC

Yeah I completley agree with that MsC! The tigers are much more of a challenge than any of the enemies in TRA. The can actually jump over objects which makes a big difference. The way you could avoid any animal by standing on any raised platform in TRA was really poor! Hopefully they've improved all the baddies in the same way.

And yeah.. there are defintly other things they could do.. My idea would be that she could keep swimming for ages but eventually the screen just fades as if she ran out of energy and drowned and it counts as dying. It's also silly but it's better than invisible walls! Or at least.. the invisible walls shouldnt be so close..

Oh, speaking of drowing, that's my only other complaint. The length of time she can hold her breath for is INSANE. It was always long in the old TR games, but on this one you can actually leave Lara underwater while you go and make a cup of tea, and she'll still be alive when you're back. You could probably head out to the shops and buy some biscuits too. Really really strange decision.

but on this one you can actually leave Lara underwater while you go and make a cup of tea, and she'll still be alive when you're back. You could probably head out to the shops and buy some biscuits too. Really really strange decision.

I felt that needed to be quoted I found it amusing. I didnt get the demo to work so I really dont know about this, but lara has to look strong, and I think she probably held her breath longer in the early games they were bigger meters and slow to recede and she swam fast

Oh, speaking of drowing, that's my only other complaint. The length of time she can hold her breath for is INSANE. It was always long in the old TR games, but on this one you can actually leave Lara underwater while you go and make a cup of tea, and she'll still be alive when you're back. You could probably head out to the shops and buy some biscuits too. Really really strange decision.

I agree, I thought it was insanely long too. I don't know if this was just in the demo version or something, but it does seem abnormaly lengthy. It probably falls under the 'What could Lara do?' category, and they thought that if she's a fit woman, she should be able to hold her breath for a long time...the longest record ever achieved though was 4 minutes, so she is becoming a bit of a superhuman...

The silver lining, however, is that this should mean some pretty lengthy water sequences in tombs. I always felt they were a bit rushed in Legend and Anniversary.

MsC

But she'll be using the oxygen bottle anyway, right? So holding her breath might not be *that* necessay... for the long dives anyway!!

Just to share, we pre-ordered the game in GAME today and they're giving a figure for free!!! YAY ;)

BPanther

But she'll be using the oxygen bottle anyway, right? So holding her breath might not be *that* necessay... for the long dives anyway!!

Just to share, we pre-ordered the game in GAME today and they're giving a figure for free!!! YAY ;)

BPanther

Wanna swap!? :lol:

I pre-ordered from GAME in the UK and got the Limited Edition, but a figurine?! Awesome, but still the Limited Edition should be pretty awesome too.

She uses the oxygen bottle during the Med level, but not in any other level. From what I can tell on videos though, is that it suddenly appears on her body when you enter the water in the Med...which I think is a bit lazy animation wise, they could have at least showed her putting it on. Still, it will be rather nice exploring underwater without thinking "Gotta find an air pocket!" and taking the time to swim around...I'm rather looking forward to the Med!

MsC