Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fusion

Tomb Raider Underworld Leaked

Guest Fusion

The full game has been leaked on to the internet I found a torrent and some file hosting links... Obviously I wont be posting them but its news so i thought I would post.

I started the torrent just to see size it was 5000mb (5gb) and in 1 minute it accumulated 70 seeds, the game is spreading fast...

oh I cancelled it cause i dont want the game and also it wouldnt run on my computer

Edited by Fusion

Not a big surprise that it leaked... happens with all great games! However, I'll wait and buy it! If anyone out there deserves the money for the games they're making, it's Eidos and CD!

(Note: I also found some torrents, some of them with 6 and 7 GB.. )

BPanther

I did go to a site and found out that some of the downloaders are alredy playing the game!

AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

is it really working it really working or is it just a virus or a scam!

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I'm really confused

Edited by BPanther
Remove source of piracy

Guest Fusion

its real, all thats happened is this means the game shops have the games already. and one of the employees has ripped it and uploaded it

Just a quick post to ask everyone not to post links to websites or names of websites where the pirate version of the game can be found.

LCO does not support this type of activity.

Use the PM system if you want to get in touch with each other!

BPanther

Sorry BPanther :( I'm really really sorry it won't happen again!

Well about the game i just wan't to say one thing that the company said too much about tomb raider underworld even before itwill go out i'm just mad at that that's all !

Sorry BPanther :( I'm really really sorry it won't happen again!

Well about the game i just wan't to say one thing that the company said too much about tomb raider underworld even before itwill go out i'm just mad at that that's all !

Well, the information is out there for those that want to read it! Here, we always use the spoiler tags as you know. If you choose to read that information, it's your decision and you shouldn't be mad at the game's company!

BPanther

And people wonder why companies add things like SecuROM.

It annoys me a bit, I've never torrented anything because I feel far too guilty to do it. I can't remember the company, but one of them actually made a loss on their game due to it being pirated by millions, however if people had bought the game, a profit would have been made. It'll change though, I think. In the future, they'll think of something clever to stop piracy.

Just to warn those who do not want to be spoiled, I would also avoid YouTube completely until you complete the game if you search for Tomb Raider: Underworld related stuff. ALL of the cutscenes from the game are on YouTube and you may not realise until you play them what they are...so huge story spoilers. I haven't watched any of them thankfully, one thing I'll never spoil for myself is main plot points and the ending.

MsC

And people wonder why companies add things like SecuROM.

MsC

Well, it's obviously not stopping anything, except the honest players that buy the game and to play it as many times as they want, which is something I'm entitled to, after paying 60€, for example.

But this is an issue that was discussed before and won't change a thing.

BPanther

Well, it's obviously not stopping anything, except the honest players that buy the game and to play it as many times as they want, which is something I'm entitled to, after paying 60€, for example.

But this is an issue that was discussed before and won't change a thing.

BPanther

No, quite right, I agree with you there...which is why I think they will (hopefully...) think of another way to stop it without this silly 'limited installations' rubbish, but SecuROM was created due to piracy...they just need to think of a better way of doing it...trial keys are a good idea, however they have to allow multiple ones to work incase someone loses theirs...though maybe due to the large growth of the internet, you can get your key online and it's stored their forever so it's not lost and only you can install it.

In the end though, I think companies will create their own Steam Network to stop it.

MsC

Yeah tbh I think programs like Steam are the only way companies are going to stop piracy. SecuROM is a disgrace and BP & I have already made the decision never to buy another game that comes with that type of DRM on principle. Anyway, I wont download this game, we've always bought the originals when it comes to TR, but I would be a hypocrite if I criticised people who do download it because I've done it before with other games.

Guys, you are so wrong if you think that Steam games aren't protected.
Some games have SecuROM and "Steam Stub Protection" and most of them have only "Steam Stub Protection" - yeah, yeah - you heard right!!!!

Steam is protecting their games, so if you think you're buying original game code - you're wrong.

Just throw a Steam executable in IDA (Interactive DisAssembler by Ilfak Guilfanov) and EXE Protection ID.

TADA: SURPRISE!!! ))) This is why i deleted my account from Steam. I said to them - NO MORE F*CKING MONEY FOR DRMs. ONLY ORIGINAL CODE.

Edited by dimosz