LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Post Your Progress

Purple

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no she's coming in January :'(

It still says on Amazon and Play.com that it's released 21st Nov Fusion - Where did you read January?

anyhoo, I'll have to wait til xmas to play underworld as it's on my list to Santa - I still haven't got past the centaurs in Anniversary so I don't expect to complete Underworld anytime soon but i'm still looking forward to playing on my trusty ole' PS2!

Ok, just did the Prologue and Mediterranean Sea, off to Coastal Thailand.

I'm really enjoying the game so far :P

>Purple<

I just got the game today and it's AMAZING!!!

:woho:

It's not hard, but it's tricky and everything looks beautiful. I'm only finished with the "boat part" 'cause I had to write an English essay, but I think I could've played until I was done. Well, I'm gonna take and shower and start Thailand!

:rolleyes:

I'm SO happy...

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that it's not as bad on the PS3 as I thought it would be. I was worried about the controls since I'd always play TR on my PC, but her movement is so fluid and the controls are easy to memorize!

Edited by Lara-IWANNABE-Lara

I've just bought my copy :D Now it's sitting in my pedestal under my desk, since I don't think my manager will be impressed if I install it on my work computer and start playing <_< Won't be able to actually play it very much till tomorrow or Sunday since I'm going to be at my sister's place for much of the weekend.

I pre-ordered the game online to get the limited edition and it was supposed to arrive today, but the Royal Mail are rubbish...so I probably won't get it until tomorrow now, but still, I can wait 1 more day for Lara...just 1 though, otherwise I may complain. :wacko:

MsC

Ok, I finally get some time to play a bit more so I will continue from where I left out. I forgot to mention on my earlier post, there are some really cool cutscenes almost ending Croft Manor, their bad ash.

>Purple<

AARRRGGGHHHHH I can't assign any of the controls to the mouse buttons! Bad Crystal Dynamics, bad! No biscuit for you!

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. I'll have to fiddle around with the registry tomorrow when I get home...

That's very annoying!! I hadn't tried playing with the mouse, but I always did until quite recently so I'd be in the same boat. It's my one frustration, when they port games between consoles, but they don't adapt it properly for the PC, they just treat it like another console... hopefully there'll be a patch for that, or as ya say, can find something in the registry.

I'm just up to costal thailand now. Not started it yet but think I might play now. That is.. if I can ever decide whether I want to wear jungle shorts or jungle pants.. decisions decisions..

Yeah, I've managed to fiddle the registry to allow me to re-assign the mouse keys (for anyone who'd like to do the same, have a look at this thread at the Eidos technical forums). I have to have switch weapon as the middle button and jump as the right button or it completely throws my game off.

I'm up to Thailand now, in the middle of the demo area. I decided on jungle pants (erm.... trousers rather :blink::wacko:)

I'm in Mexico! I had to stop playing after Croft Manor, it was rather overwhelming. I love this game so far, and the story is brilliant, though one thing I do find rather annoying is not the voice acting itself, rather the lines...

*DO NOT READ below if you have not finished the Mediterranean*

When Lara met Natla again for the first time in about 10 years or whatever, it just seemed a bit bland as if she was expecting it. I was expecting her to be like "What?!" But she was more like "Oh yeah, had a feeling you'd be here." A tiny bit annoying, but I am pedantic.

*DO NOT READ below if you have not finished Croft Manor*

And when Alister died...she just seemed a bit like, "Oh bugger...he's dead...ah well, better get out." I understand Lara's not the most emotional of people but I have a feeling I know why they did it if my predictions about the rest of the game come true...(I'm thinking an emotional finalé a la 'Legend')

As for her Doppleganger!? Wow, she can kick ass! I was fearing her return as it felt far too cliché but I like her, she's mental, plus I love the way they introduced her. I'm looking forward to seeing her again! Surprisingly though, I felt kinda sad for Alister's death, I was expecting me to react rather neutral, but having them not chatter in your ear every 5 seconds makes them more likeable. Ah well..off to Mexico!

MsC

EDIT: Something non-spoilerific.

From the get-go, I turned my settings to their hardest and hid everything...and boy did that make this game so much more harder! I was stuck in a room in the Med due to me not knowing how to solve a puzzle (I assume the tips did it for you) and I was determined not to use Lara's help and after a while it got really frustrating and my anger solved the puzzle! Woo! It made completing the Med a good 2 hours though, so if you like classic Core Design raidering, I'd suggest turning them all off.

I'm in Mexico! I had to stop playing after Croft Manor, it was rather overwhelming. I love this game so far, and the story is brilliant, though one thing I do find rather annoying is not the voice acting itself, rather the lines...

*DO NOT READ below if you have not finished the Mediterranean*

When Lara met Natla again for the first time in about 10 years or whatever, it just seemed a bit bland as if she was expecting it. I was expecting her to be like "What?!" But she was more like "Oh yeah, had a feeling you'd be here." A tiny bit annoying, but I am pedantic.

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in that too. I had the impression from the trailers and teasers that their meeting was going to be a lot more dramatic than it turned out to be