Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Underworld on PC

larsonsmother

ok, I don't know if I can wait until January to play Underworld - I'm even avoiding the forum so's not to spoil it!

I have always played TR games on PS2 - I'm not willing to invest in a PS3 as it won't be used - so I'm looking at maybe buying it for the PC as I have a high-spec machine now that can deal with it..

the trouble is...I've never played on PC and don't know if I can deal with the controls - I have tried a demo and was pretty useless - so, you guys who play on pc, do you just use the keyboard? a joystick?

any input would be welcome.

thx ppl!

I tend to go back and forth between the keyboard and gamepad depending on the circumstances in the game. If I am just walking around I might use the arrows to go in the direction and use the mouse to look around while walking. If I am in the middle of a shootout,it is the gamepad. It depends on what works best for you.

Hi LM,

I highly advise you to use a controller. I always used the keyboard to play the games but I had to change my mind with the recent Tomb Raider games.

As far as I'm concerned, the controller makes everything easier and more natural! Some moves, like the adrenaline one, for example, were completely impossible for me with the keyboard! With the controller, I can do it! :lol:

Did you try the demo with the controller? I'm sure you'll have to get used to it too, but once you mastered it, it's the best!

BPanther

I agree with BP (bet you didn't see that coming). I have always played with the keyboard in the past but these more recent games are designed solely for the controller.. you can tell that keyboard controls were added as an afterthought because some of the maneuvers they expect you to perform with your keyboard are banned under UN Laws on torture.

In most game shops you'd be able to buy a PC controller that is shaped like a PS2 controller to make it easy to pick up. Me and pather use an XBOX 360 one which is quite pricey but durable and easy to configure

I've never had any luck with the keyboard for ANY Tomb Raider game. Just not my style... I'm sure if I had a controller for the computer, I would love it.

Like others have suggested, get a controller and you shouldn't any problems (control wise). :-)

Thanks for all the advice guys - much appreciated.

I may just hang fire - as the more I think about it, the more I realise I just haven't got the time to spare at the moment, not even to play the game, never mind get used to new controls.

Hope you're all having fun playing anyhoo! (grrrrrrrrrrrr)

:lol:

Doing the wall run followed by a jump in the right direction did me in using my keyboard. I finally gave up. I guess I'll need to search for a game controller if I purchase Underworld.

Question...I was looking at the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad2. Any suggestions on a sturdy controller for PC that won't break after an hour of playing?

Edited by DPicossi

Doing the wall run followed by a jump in the right direction did me in using my keyboard. I finally gave up. I guess I'll need to search for a game controller if I purchase Underworld.

Question...I was looking at the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad2. Any suggestions on a sturdy controller for PC that won't break after an hour of playing?

We use this one (XBOX 360 Controller)

xbox360controller.jpg

We've got two: one with cord and one without (because you can't get them with cord anymore...). Both are great and very resistent! And, they also survive my two cats, that should be enough to convince you!! :smiley:

It's NOT cheap (40€ here) but very good! :)

BPanther

That's not a bad choice either. If cost is a concern for you, you can also pick up the corded Logitech Dual Action (which I have used for many years now) and is dirt cheap. No configuring necessary --- just simply plug-and-play.

Edited by jedicri

That's not a bad choice either. If cost is a concern for you, you can also pick up the corded Logitech Dual Action (which I have used for many years now) and is dirt cheap. No configuring necessary --- just simply plug-and-play.

Thanks, I'm looking at those also.

Edit: I read all the reviews on the Xbox 360 controller @ amazon and it got very high ratings. While I was there I ordered Underworld also. Free shipping so I got myself an early Christmas gift.

Thanks again for the tips.

Edited by DPicossi

• 2 weeks later...