Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

New Actress to play Lara Croft in the 3rd Tomb Raider Movie ?!?

Guested Account

new Lara Croft  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should Angelina Jolie be replaced as Lara Croft ?!?

• Yes, she should - she is getting a tad too old for the role.
    • No she shouldn't - she can still star in another TR movie.
    • I am not sure !!
    • I have no opinion !!
  2. 2. Is Megan Fox a good choice to play Lara Croft ?!?

• Yes she is, she is a spitting image of Angelina !!
    • No she isn't - I rather they pick a different actress to replace Angelina !!
    • I am not sure !!
    • I have no opinion !!

I am still trying to get confirmation but if this is true, this is Fantastic News !!

8596ed24592591.gif fd98b424592594.gif

The Web is abuzz with rumors that Megan Fox — who does looks eerily like Angelina Jolie in many ways — may replace Jolie as the new Lara Croft.

There are loud and unconfirmed rumblings that 22-year-old Fox, known as one of the Most Desirable Women of 2009, could be being groomed to take over the action-babe role Angie first took on in 2001.

Nine years, one life partner and six kids can take quite a toll on a person. Megan is free from such familial responsibilities.

Perfect pouts and tumbling dark locks aside, these two screen sirens share a lot in common - most famously, both have spoken about past same-sex daliances and both have scribed their bodies with tattoos.

What do you think? Is it time for Mama Angie to step down as Lara Croft and let someone younger take over?

If not Megan, then who?

d29d1d7165134.gif e06df87165135.gif 3c5df07165136.gif 4635417165137.gif bb99657165138.gif badd077165139.gif 753ed67165140.gif

By the way, I am the first person in the world to suggest Angelina for the role of Lara Croft in 1999 in the Official Eidos Forum when the rest of the world was stuck up on casting Catherine Zeta-Jones as Lara!!

When I said Angelina was the only one for the role (this was right after she did Bone Collector), people booed me and laughed at me and called Angelina a no talent, never will become famous actress!!

Well, who is laughing now?

:rolleyes:

Edited by J7Dadda

I don't know if it's true It might be only if she said she didn't want to do another. I think she looks fine but

perhaps with all the kids she doesn't want to go globe hopping anymore and the fact she pacts a hefty price

tag now for her services doesn't help either. Personally they better have a great story to make it viable and

would be a shame then that Angelina didn't do it if that be the case. I recall the best Jame Bond not doing On

Her Majesty's Secret Service and got 4 stars but bombed at the box office because he wasn't in it.

Megan Fox is no doubt hot but she has yet to prove herself as more than just eye candy for a film.

The only reason I would condone them replacing Angie would be if she didn't want to play the role anymore. Meagan Fox wouldn't be a horrible Lara, but I think that Angie as Lara Croft is just too classic. I would compare it to a remake of the first tomb raider game in which Lara has blonde hair and a pink outfit lolz. I hope this doesn't happen, but if it does, Meagan Fox isn't a bad choice.

I am not sure what to think about all of this. I'm gonna miss Angie and Megan Fox is attractive, but I'm not sure about her as Lara.

:wacko:

hey all,

I saw this on a couple of other TR forums and, for those anti-Megan Fox folks, rest easy.

apparently, according to her PR, she is NOT going to play Lara. then again, Rhona Mitra

was brought up and she said she wouldn't do it either. of course, all it might take is the

right incentive (read a nice paycheck) and she might change her mind. Like Angelina,

who apparently WB isn't bringing back nor supposedly would she be interested. I'd bet

a nice paycheck (plus maybe a role for Brad and a donation to a cause(s) Angie is

championing) and I'd bet she'd say "Where's the pen?" :lol: thoughts? B)

• 2 weeks later...

i think angie can still play Lara and I could see her going for the role just to prove to the media that after having a couple kids she can still get her body in shape. If Angie doesn't do it then I would HATE if Megan Fox was her replacement. All megan is is a pair of boobs! Lara has more class than that. And it sounds like for the next movie they want to change a lot about Lara and I don't like that. They shouldn't stray too far from the video games I think.

i think angie can still play Lara and I could see her going for the role just to prove to the media that after having a couple kids she can still get her body in shape. If Angie doesn't do it then I would HATE if Megan Fox was her replacement. All megan is is a pair of boobs! Lara has more class than that. And it sounds like for the next movie they want to change a lot about Lara and I don't like that. They shouldn't stray too far from the video games I think.

Well, they're thinking about doing the same to the next game.

Well, they're thinking about doing the same to the next game.

I heard some rumours though that they might change Lara's background like have her not be British and wealthy and such. I don't know though, there are a lot of rumours around.

• 2 weeks later...

I recon it should be Sophie Winkleman. Up and coming talented British actress. She's got the looks, and as she is about to become part of the British Royal family, she certainly has the claaarss. Not enough experience with big films tho I guess..

sophiewinkleman.jpg