Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Was anyone else dissapointed with Tomb Raider Underworld?

Lara Hayes

I was quite dissapointed with the game, I brought the game a few days ago and I have been a Tomb Raider fan since I was 7 years old, (I started playing Tomb Raider 2 first and it's still my favourite) and I was really excited for Tomb Raider Underworld, I brought it was PS2 as unfortunately I don't have a PS3, and the graphics look really faded, and it looks like it was made before Angel of Darkness, the quality has gone down. The amount of bugs there are is frustrating, and it confused me when the first FMV sequence went off, and suddenly Lara was in the sea. I wish they made the games like they did in the past, but of course better graphics, etc. (I'm new here, hello everyone!) Edited by micwa

Welcome to the forum! Yeh I've not seen it since it's not for sale here til March but I have on pc and 360 and

for me pc looked the best. If you have a decent pc I would try it on that and then your experience will be much

better. I think they should have stuck with the formats that were good and dropped the ps2 if they knew it looked

sub standard. It obviously just lowers the brand putting out material like this... scratches head.

Thank you. :] I know, it's a shame really as people wait this long for the game, and really, it looks like there hasn't been much effort in the PS2 version. I didn't like Angel of Darkness at all, Legend and Anniversary are great, I just hope in the future they could listen to the fans, and see what they want in a TR Game.

a little. it seemed that Lara forgot to have any sort of fun whilst on the adventure and put the entire world in danger just to find out what exactly happened to her mother. it mentions at the last stages of the game that Richard Croft wasn't going to open (okay, fine, spoiler alert!) blank. "but its a risk i am willing to take" she says.

hmmmm, thanks Lara!

*7th age begins* <_<

thanks a bundle... :angry2:

I was also a little disappointed by underworld. Not so much the gameplay or graphics. I can see why the PS2 owners would be disappointed by the graphics, I've seen youtube vids and they're insultingly awful, makes me glad I specifically bought the PS3 to play underworld. I've just been really disappointed with the lack of special rewards for collecting all the treasures and relics. All you get is concept art stuff. Don't get me wrong I love all that stuff I was just expecting something a little more rewarding. There isn't any special downloadable content either. I didn't like not having the option to view cutscenes, no extra outfits or any cheats...:( The xbox however, got special downloadable content :angry:

Edited by Controlled Chaos

Welcome to our very friendly forum Lara Hayes. *waves*

I edited your title to reflect that you are talking about the PS2 version, as the other versions are quite different (and possibly better?) in graphics AND gameplay.

I've been playing the demo version and have been impressed with it. Esp. how freaky those lizards are. LOL

Shrensh has also gotten me addicted to making videos of killing Lara in various ways. Which I'm uploading to YouTube right now. LOL

You can see the main thread here -- http://www.laracroftonline.net/index.php?showtopic=4349

Hi!

I have the PS2 version because that is the only consol I have and I can't afford a PS3 or a new computer!

I wasn't expecting the graphics to be as good as the other versions such as PS3 but I was expecting them to be as good as Legend or TRA for example!

But hey, I didn't think they were THAT bad really!

I guess we did miss out on some of the stuff, like the new moves which were shown in trailers etc. but I guess that is what you're paying more for.

I'm not saying that PS2 players of this game are unreasonable to be disapointed in this game compared to what we could have had if we'd bought the newer version but... I enjoyed it lol :D (And yeah, I also enjoyed AOD which lots of people dislike on here lol :P )

:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Of course I do, I really got disappointed on that game, nothing much to discover, easy puzzles, and the FMVs looks well I really like to see the AoD FMVs rather than TRU ones on PS2, will what I have to do, there are no other choice, what I really want to ask is that, are the graphics the same as for the PC and PS3 or Xbox 360?!

Anyway when I played and beat it, I felt like I am not playing TR, it was really boring! and I've got very dissapointed with it, unfortunately new PS will never stop, so why do I have to bother myself buying the new PS3 since it will be an old machine in the future, PC is the best selling actually, thats what I choose to play SHV on my PC, its very intersting, like I have the PS3 or Xbox 360 or you can say both, but I didn't find the PC version thats why I've got it for PS2, I don't have any other choice in addition that it was very expensive, and I didn't know how I get it. LOL!

Edited by Raider Man

• 3 months later...

of course I dispoint for TRU PS2, it's not enjoy the grafik very much. but the adventre I want more duration..

post-8021-1246285653_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

yea, I've kind of been disappointed with all of these new tr games. The graphics and controls and everything are ten times better than the old games, but they lack ... charm? lolz I don't know how else to put it haha. All of the old games has this feel to them that was essentially Tomb Raider and now its just like any other game; it's easier, shorter, and barely focuses on Tomb Raiding.