Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Brütal Legend

4718c89239bd0_featured_without_text_470f

Work has been going around the clock and insiders close to Schafer have described Brütal Legend as the chronicle of Eddie Riggs, a roadie of a virtuous metal band, pulled back in time to learn his true purpose. Offered the wealth and knowledge of an ancient kingdom in exchange for assembling a legion of his own design, the roadie commands a barbaric mob of demons, dragsters, amp stacks, leather and chrome. Together they thunder across the land in the ultimate Tour of Destruction, driving the ancient world headlong into the Age of Metal.Piecing the period of time when a divine society used raw materials of ROCK and hot rods which lay dormant in this land, experts at Double Fine also revealed the fantastic nature of this world where Big-block V8 engines were dug out of the ground like minerals. Exhaust pipes were cut from trees made of chrome and a luminous sky was lit up with heavenly lighters held up by the gods.

brutal_legend2.jpg

This game looks so awesome! The main character, Eddie Riggs, is played by Jack black. There's a bunch of other rockers lending their voice to this game. They even got Ozzy! :woho:

WARNING: THIS GAME DOES HAVE SOME COARSE LANGUAGE - WHICH IS FEATURED IN THE TRAILERS! BUT ONLY ONE WORD IN EACH, LOL! :lol:

OFFICIAL STORY TRAILER

OFFICIAL E3 TRAILER

The game is gonna be released in October - or, Rocktober, lol. :woho:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm afraid it's only going to be on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Raek.

Tim Schafer is brilliant. There was a lawsuit in which Activision was suing Double Fine for going to EA, after Activision had dumped the project, and Tim said "Hey, if Activision liked it, they should have put a ring on it. Oh great, now Beyoncé is gonna sue me too", LOL.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a demo in PSN Store, and on Xbox Live. It's great fun. If anybody has their doubts about the game, get the demo, it's fantastic, lol.

Five more days until it's released in Australia! :woho:

It got released 2 days early here! I'm about half way through it now. It's so awesome! :):lol:

Glad you're enjoying it, It's getting great reviews too!

Looks like it'll be a loooong time before I ever play this, so maybe I'll go back and play grim fandango again or something haha.

Have you tried playing online yet? I added Tim Schafer on facebook and his latest status said you can play with him which must be funny.. TimOfLegend is his name.

As soon as you and BP have the money, you need to invest in a PS3 -- then youse can play Brutal Legend and the Uncharted games, lol. They're definately worth it. :)

I tried to play it online, but it says the firewall will give me trouble connecting to other games. So, I'll hook the computer up later, since I just got it back, finally, lol, and I'll lower the modems firewall so I can play.

I wondered what his name would be in it. There's a trophy called "Six Degrees of Shafer", and you can only get it once you play against him, or someone else who has, lol.

As soon as you and BP have the money, you need to invest in a PS3 -- then youse can play Brutal Legend and the Uncharted games, lol. They're definately worth it. :)

Very tempting, definitelly! But we've got other priorities, like a good and big TV. What's the point of playing like that in a crap, old and small tv? lol

I just accepted some extra work, so it might be possible at some point! ;)

• 2 months later...