Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

LCO Chat Room

Angelaian

HEY ALL !!!!

The other day i was looking for the link to the Chat Room & couldn't find it.

After assistance in locating it, it occurred to me that maybe some of you might be having trouble too.

At the very bottom, is a "banner" on Lara's legs. In it are several options, one being Flash Chat.

And in case you have trouble, as I did, lol, if you put your mouse on it, it will slow down so you can "catch" it.....LOL

Anyway, just wanted to put this up here as I'd love to see more of you all in Chat!!!!

So come on in & have some fun........

;)B)

And please, when leaving the chat, use the Menu exit!! Otherwise your name hangs for a good 10 minutes.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah it would be nice to have more visitors now and then

btw i have changed my name from SlamFM!boy to DARK PHOENIX, but i will be using SlamBoy as a chat name :D

Can you use small caps, please? :)

BPanther

I went into LCO chat.

There were 3 people there:

Charlotte, Hardcore-Gamer 2 and Hardcore-Gamer.

I say Hi, How are yall.

Then I asked why are there 2 Hardcore Gamers?

Hardcore-Gamer 2 immediately replied:

J7, What's your freaking problem Dude?

I said: "You are rude Hardcore-Gamer and don't call me Dude"

He replied: "No I'm Not. Did you come in to chat or did you come in to worry about other people's Nickname?"

I told him: "You are Rude, I merely asked why are there 2 same nicknames;

why are you getting your panties all up your butt?"

He then started cussing at me and his IP from the censor is:

People like him shouldn't be in chat!!

I went in with good intention looking for some fun and a good chat and he wants to play FREAKING GOD and CENSOR!!

He needs to be IP BAN from the Chat room!!

<_<

Edited by j7wild

But what is the use if the person could come in later with another Nick Name :(:rolleyes:

Something should be done, maybe have a Password or something on there now :angry:

we used to be able to get into chat with only our LCO ID and Password, the same one we use to post in the forum everyday...

so you won't be able to go in using any other names or impersonate someone;

I don't know why Tom changed it.

What the guy did is nothing when compared with some other people in the past! :lol:

Shrensh is right. We can't force people to be a member of the forum so that they can use chat! Most of us here used chat for ages before even coming here.

That's why we've got mods who control the chat room as much as possible and deal with things like that.

Thanks for the info though and we'll try to deal with it accordingly! :)

BPanther

If you do happen to have a problem in chat (This is for anyone) the best thing to do is to come into the forum, and check who is online. If that person is a mod, it is best to quickly PM them without telling the person in chat that you're doing so. (If you need the names of the mods, they are at the bottom of the homepage in 'The moderating Team' or in 'My assistant').

Include in your message the name of the person, the problem, and an I.P address if they have cursed. Most of the time (if not all of the time) a mod will be there in a couple of minutes if they're online.

If a mod is not online, copy and paste the conversation, and save it. Then attatch it in a PM to them.

Hope this helps for future problems!

MsC

Edited by Ms.Croft

I think if the password was re-introduced, the number of ppl in chat would diminish as it did last time. Whenever i've been in lately, all seems hunky-dory unlike the 'old' days - we used to get awful ppl in there and hackers etc..

there's obviously gonna be problems from time to time - the best thing to do is ignore if there's no mod in the room - don't engage in an argument - that's what they want.

long may we chat in peace and harmony! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Tom's busy moving stuff across to a new host, so it's at a new location.

New Flash Chat address.

Tom's thread in the Announcements section.

Thanks Tom :)

EDIT: Hey again,

There seems to be some problems with the chat room. Some people seem to be having problems logging in and I think the problem is with Internet Explorer, but I'm not sure. Well, I logged in with Firefox and it worked fine, but with IE it dumped me back to the load screen.

So if you have Firefox (or any other browser that's not IE that might work) you should better use that to get into the chat.