Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tom@LCO

Would you pay more for a full game without DLC?

Would you pay more for a full game without DLC?

I think downloadble content is just an excuse to charge more for a game but I also think it stinks

to pay for a full game and parts are out of it for DLC. So you get a shorter game and have to pay

for the rest of the game and they sugarcoat it as bonus material. I'd rather just pay a bit more for

the full thing if they are hurting so bad for your extra money. Also I like to have the disks for the future

as they are on a hard drive on a console that will die one day or you'll upgrade and might be able to transfer

by buying the cables etc. to move your stuff over to the new. With the disks I can have them regardless of

what happens and be able to play anytime. Especially the exclusiveness as in the Xbox 360 for Beneath the Ashes

and Lara's Shadow wasn't fair to the majority of PS3 people and PC people who dominated the fan purchases.

I hope now that Eidos is with Square Enix they'll respect all formats the fans play on and make DLC not part of the game.

I would suggest outfits,mods and vehicles etc and not go low balling us on a shorter game and have to download and buy the rest.

What's your opinon? Let the powers that be know how you feel and maybe your voice will be heard!

I think as long as Microsoft is king of the mountain there will always be fee-based DLC but even free downloads serve a purpose for companies because they are a good marketing tool.

I've read that in some cases the content is already in the game and the so called DLC is just a key to unlock it.

PC is the only device I use for game play and I would like to receive more consideration from the game makers even though I'm not a hardcore gamer. I would pay more knowing that future content would be free but I'm also sure that consumers will end up paying more, regardless.

Edited by DPicossi

I agree -- give us the full game all at once, that's what we used to pay for. Sure, they can throw in some DLC skins to purchse later on if people want them, but atleast that way the whole game is still there.

My example is Assassin's Creed II -- The memory sequences in the game jump from Sequence 11, to Sequence 14. A short while ago "Sequence 12: Battle For Forli" was released on the PSN and LIVE, at $6.95AUD --- After everyone had payed $109.05AUD or more ($129.95 for White, $149.95 for Black) for the game.