Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Will you be playing Co-op or single-player?

11 members have voted

1. 1. Co-op or Single-player?

• Co-op only
    • Single-player only
    • Both Co-op and single-player

I think I'll start with single player mode to get a feel for it and take my time to explore the areas. Then co-op after. I find that sometimes people can be impatient when playing co-op and can ruin your first time gaming experience. They also may have already finished the game and spoil it for you when you want to figure out the puzzles for yourself.

Another thing is that, sometimes AI can be rather stupid, lol.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

Co-op only, I think! Raek and I love co-op games and we can't wait to try it out! When a game comes out, we used to decide who would play first and most times, the other would just sit and watch the other play! lol This way, we can both have fun! ;)

BPanther

Both!

First playthrough, I'll hopefully be playing co-op. I kinda feel that co-op is slightly ruined if you've played it before as some of the fun is taken away from not knowing how to work out a puzzle together. Whereas, if one person knows how to do a puzzle, it becomes less 'co-op', and more 'Do this, do that'.

Both!

First playthrough, I'll hopefully be playing co-op. I kinda feel that co-op is slightly ruined if you've played it before as some of the fun is taken away from not knowing how to work out a puzzle together. Whereas, if one person knows how to do a puzzle, it becomes less 'co-op', and more 'Do this, do that'.

I agree! That's why we will play the game together, first time! SO it's more of a team work to get things done! We're usually good at that.. one can see things and the other doesn't... I think it will be great and we'll have the full experience!

BP

Both!

From what I've read, the single-player will be a "different adventure" with different puzzles.

I think CD has a winner with this game. :D

• 5 months later...

so how many people can play co-op at the same time?

some of you were not born yet back then but almost 10 years ago, when they were talking about Tomb Raider 6, the first Tomb Raider game for the new Playstation 2 game console and later known as Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness;

there was talk about making the game Co-Op;

remember, this was when game consoles such as the Playstation 2 and the Microsoft XBox were just starting to explore online gaming!

Yes, for many of you younger members of Lara Croft Online, there was a time when you played video games at home by yourself or you took turn with a friend or sibling but there was no such thing as online play.

Anyway, to make a long story short, when they were discussing the possibility of taking Tomb Raider (6) Angel of Darkness online, I wrote an long article in one of the Tomb Raider forum (Eidos forum I believe, I don't think I was a member of LCO then) about not liking the idea of taking Tomb Raider co-op.

I thought at the time seeing a dozen Lara Croft running around at the same time on screen to be silly.

Well, after almost 10 years, my position still stands.

I play Delta Force and Call On Duty online and there are always some people who don't know what Co-Op means:

they want to get ahead of you like it's a racing contest; hog all the kills and points and take all the power ups; some even go as far as ruining the game for everyone with friendly kills (means they kill you on purpose) and then they don't apologize and then there are those who found a way to cheat.

Only two people can play co-op at a time - one person is Lara and one person is Totec. Trying to figure the puzzles out together is lots of fun, and you do have to co-operate quite closely, because Lara and Totec have different abilities that you have to use together to solve the puzzles. There is the potential for a bit of squabbling when it comes to collecting jewels for points, and collecting medipacks and ammo, but the people I played with were pretty respectful about that.

No, this is the Guardian of Light board, therefore I was talking about Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light like everyone else in the thread :P

Oh, I thought this was the TR9 Board and you folks were taking a poll on whether we will play TR9 in Co-Op or Single Player?

What the heck am I thinking?

:huh:

Hello :)

I kinda didn't want to play the game by myself since it be better to play it with somebody else since this one is ment to be co-op so when I bought it, I asked my niece (who isn't into games at all) I asked her if she could please play it with me, she was worried she didn't get the commands at first but I told her I would help if she didn't get it, anyway as soon as we started we both got so hooked! Her fav part is when that giant mutated fish or whetever chases you and we had so much fun playing it, we even bumped into some glitches at I think 2 ponits we had to re-start wich was annoyingcuz it was at that one place where you have to get all the boulders down anyway....I did see some add-ons at the PS Store so maybe I will look into thoose when I get a chance, one of my online friends wants to co-op so I prob play it once more or something later on. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up playing through the whole game on Co-op first go around but was not finding it challenging enough so we made up a rule that we had to go through each level without dieing when we died we would restart the level. This made the game last a lot longer and sooo much fun when you end up beating the levels it feels like a real accomplishment.