Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Tomb Raider 2 Group Play

Stellalune

Hi, all. Long time no type! :D

Is anyone up for a little Tomb Raider group play? We did this a while back on this very forum, and it was a blast. Basically we pick a game to play together over a period of a few weeks then post regularly about the experience--with or without screenshots, videos, etc. Since there's no actual co-op mode (yet!) it's more like parallel play, but it can still be a lot of fun, especially if it's a game some of us haven't played yet or haven't played in a while.

I first brought this up on my Facebook page and blog. Then Gia suggested we do it here instead so anybody could join in. I think that's a wonderful idea.

My plan was to play one of the classics, both for the fun factor and for a chance to revise one of my old walkthroughs. TR2 and 3 got the most votes in our informal poll. Personally I like both, so how about we do TR2 now and TR3 later in the summer, after the Guardian of Light?

Who's in?

I'll be sending new people over here from the other sites. I'll tell them to be on their best behavior and to honor the Forum guidelines. So please give them a warm welcome.

Tomb_Raider_2_ps1.jpg

UPDATE: So, how do we do this group play thing? I was deliberately vague in my earlier posts on Facebook and Blogspot, mostly because I don't want to tell anyone how to play or what to talk about.

First, go as slow or or as fast as you like. I probably won't start playing until the weekend, but don't feel you have to wait for me. I'll probably play more slowly than most of you, since I'm also going to be using this as an opportunity to revise my TR2 walkthrough. (Feel free to correct/contribute!)

Play as much or as little at a time as you like. Then just post your ideas and impressions and read/comment on what other players have to say.

Mention things that were fun, frustrating, glitchy, weird or otherwise remarkable for you.

If you want to, set a challenge for yourself. Then share your proud achievements—all kills, no health packs used, fast completion time, slowest ever completion time (that's me!), something you managed to do this time through the game that you've never done before, etc.

I like to play one level at a time and then post any observations I have before starting the next level, but that's just my preference. Share as much or as little as you like.

If this is anyone's first time through TR2, please let the rest of us know. We'll try and keep a lid on any spoilers, and we'll gladly offer help if you need it. Likewise, if anyone needs help finding a copy of TR2 or installing it on a newer PC, just ask.

The only firm guidelines I have are to play nice (follow forum rules, be courteous) and HAVE FUN! :D

I'm assuming it's OK to post screenshots and links to videos. But if there are guidelines on image sizes, links to sites like YouTube, etc., I hope our esteemed moderators will let us know.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Stella!

So this sounds fun and I might be interested but I just had a couple quick questions. So everyone just plays TR2 or TR3, which ever one you decide on, over a certain time period, at their own pace, and then we just post about our playing experience that day? Just clarifying that. But where do we post about what we played that day? On here? Facebook? Please respond. Otherwise you can most likely sign me up! My dad and I love playing Tomb Raider and have been talking about playing some of the older ones again and this sounds like fun! =) That's all!

-rosinna

Hi all! I'm 100% on!

Maybe this isn't a topic for this forum but I've just started replaying TRII actually and have a problem that maybe someone here can help me solve.

As soon as I finish a level, the game crashes. I've tried unintstalling it and reinstalling but to no avail.

Known problem?

Thanx

Yeah, that's quite a common problem. If you're on XP, right-click on the shortcut you use to launch the game (either on the desktop or on the start menu), select "properties" and go to the "compatibility" tab. Then tick "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows 98/Windows ME" and click OK. In most cases this fixes the crashing problem (it did for me when I had exactly the same issue).

Windows 7 has the same option, and I'd imagine that Vista does too, though I've not tried running the game under either of them.

Hello to all and Welcome to LCO! We are a friendly bunch here and love TR more than anything else.

As Stella said, we do have a few guidelines, but as long as you keep the language clean, and be nice

to everyone else, I'm sure we won't have any problems.

Afraid I won't be playing the first round with ya'll, work has got me snowed under at the moment. Hopefully

things will lighten up soon though.

Have fun and Happy Raiding!

Shrensh! Awesome! I'm so glad you're still here. Sorry I've been away so long. And it's great to see everybody else too. :D

Gia, sorry you won't be joining us for this one. I'm going to be taking my time though. So if things loosen up for you, stop in. We can be slow pokes together.

I'll be editing my welcome post to add more info about what we're doing, but basically there's no right or wrong way to play. Just go at your own pace and have fun. Post things that interest/frustrate you and generally just join the conversation. The only goal is to share our enjoyment of a great, classic game.

Yay!

I am totally in on this. Never endeavored something like it before and am totally excited! I myself will have to unplug my 360 for a bit to go back to the roots of my gaming career. It seems like so long ago I was speeding through the canals of Venice! This is going to bean incredibly good time!

Hi Stella!

So this sounds fun and I might be interested but I just had a couple quick questions. So everyone just plays TR2 or TR3, which ever one you decide on, over a certain time period, at their own pace, and then we just post about our playing experience that day? Just clarifying that. But where do we post about what we played that day? On here? Facebook? Please respond. Otherwise you can most likely sign me up! My dad and I love playing Tomb Raider and have been talking about playing some of the older ones again and this sounds like fun! =) That's all!

Hi, rosinna. Sorry I didn't include more detail earlier. I was trying to get a quick post up before I ran off to work. I've added some more info to my introduction, above. No rules, just a few ideas and suggestions.

To answer your questions, we're starting with TR2 now. (Hopefully later we'll do TR3.) Play as much or as little as you like. Then post your ideas/impressions here in this thread.

It was Gia's suggestion to bring the topic here, but I think it was a great idea. Here we can easily add screenshots or links to our posts. It's easier to respond to other people and follow the topic, and it allows players who don't use Facebook to join in.

Thanks for joining us. I'm looking forward to a great time with you all and Lara. :D

Cool!!! Awesome!!! Never imagined doing anything like this!!! Cant wait to start!!! I love TR2 and 3, they are my favorites out of all the games. I'll be here!!!

You can count me in ;) I'll just have to finish TR1 and I'm ready to go!

Oh, and this is my very first time playing TR2! Just to let you know, guys ^_^ I can't wait, this is so good idea! Stella, you are genious! Finally I can share my opinions and ups and downs of playing TRs - my brother was already kind of irritated that he had to listen all my TR-talk! :lol:

Edited by Dogg

hi i dont own tr2 where can i get it?

I take it you're in Australia...? I'm not sure exactly, since I'm in the U.S. How about eBay (ebay.com.au)? Or anywhere else they sell bargain/used games.

If you have a PS3 or PSP, you may also be able to download the PlayStation version from the PlayStation Network. I know it's available in the US/UK, but possibly Australia as well.

I would gladly ship a copy of the PC game to you from the U.S. (the North American and Australian PlayStation versions are not compatible) but it would probably take a while.

Does anyone else have other ideas?

Hi, Stella. It's Jessica, in my mysterious identity...a misnomer, since I'm hardly mute to conversations. Anyway, looking forward to it! I may get stuck and have to drop out.

I am playing better, though. I'm playing TR1 at the moment, and I don't use as many health packs and am completing things easier. I even managed to do a time run that I couldn't do before--the one in the Colosseum where you have to leap on top of the pillars and get to the door. Now I am doing that pillars of fire part. I'm trying to do it without cheating--which I did last time.

For AnAustralianCitizen, if he is playing on a computer, I believe that some of the tombraider sites have downloads. Doesn't tombraiderchronicles have one? I don't want to give false hope, but I was certain I had ran into downloads for the game on one of the tombraider sites. I had been looking for downloads myself at the time, but in my case it didn't work out because they were all for XP--and I have Vista.

Oh, anybody that is new to this site (like me), when you edit your profile...you need to choose your gender twice on the page--I just looked over and noticed that I was listed as a male and had to go fix it.

Edited by Mute2Conversations

Hi, rosinna. Sorry I didn't include more detail earlier. I was trying to get a quick post up before I ran off to work. I've added some more info to my introduction, above. No rules, just a few ideas and suggestions.

To answer your questions, we're starting with TR2 now. (Hopefully later we'll do TR3.) Play as much or as little as you like. Then post your ideas/impressions here in this thread.

It was Gia's suggestion to bring the topic here, but I think it was a great idea. Here we can easily add screenshots or links to our posts. It's easier to respond to other people and follow the topic, and it allows players who don't use Facebook to join in.

Thanks for joining us. I'm looking forward to a great time with you all and Lara. :D

Awesome!! Thanks for responding!! You rock! My dad and I are in. Can't wait! =D

-rosinna

Hi all! I'm 100% on!

Maybe this isn't a topic for this forum but I've just started replaying TRII actually and have a problem that maybe someone here can help me solve.

As soon as I finish a level, the game crashes. I've tried unintstalling it and reinstalling but to no avail.

Known problem?

Thanx

Maybe I can help.Here download this and update your Tomb Raider 2 game with it and it will work:)

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/vista/patch.html

hey everyone! I'm excited to get started..I've only played TR2 up to the venice level then I got stuck, lol! I hope I can finally finish it :lol: don't worry about spoilers..I would of just looked it up anyway ^_^

I just finish first level:)

Now what to say about this level,well its not hard,but its not so easy.I think its something between hard and easy.Its harder if you want to get all secrets,GOLDEN secret was harder for me because of T-Rex.

Here are results:

th.159b5fa4ee.jpg

Now,if someone need help...please just ask I won't bite:)

But of course everyone can go on Stella's site and read full walkhtrought for Tomb Raider 2.

Hi all!

My name is Ed and I'm in The Netherlands and a long time Tom Raider fan and as for that also a Stella fan ;)

This sounds like great fun and made me install TR2 again after a long time.

Just did that a few minutes ago on my Windows 7 machine and it worked instantly :D

I won't be posting much but I'll read and play along.

Have fun everyone :-)

Edited by Edmoor

I just finish first level:)

Now what to say about this level,well its not hard,but its not so easy.I think its something between hard and easy.Its harder if you want to get all secrets,GOLDEN secret was harder for me because of T-Rex.

Here are results:

th.159b5fa4ee.jpg

Gee! Great going!

I'm just a few minutes in the first level but will never get your result.