Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Tomb Raider 2 Group Play

Stellalune

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there's a file size limit. Is your photo too big? I'm just an honorary moderator here, so I'm not sure how everything works. Maybe one of the real mods could help.

The photo is a JPG. 110x110x24BPP and it's 35KB, way below the given limits.

Edit:

Just checked yours, it's the exact same size.

Edited by Edmoor

Tell me maybe I can help,you found first two,that is silver and golden one???

Green one is not hard to found,there are windows from all sides and there is green one...you can get with boat there.Good luck!

Thanks, I have managed to remember where is it :) I don't remember to how to do the area with the boat and the timed run very well, so I think I might be hanging around Venice for a while...:wacko:

I will start playing on my PC but im not sure if the game will work. any tips. i have windows vista.

My suggestion would be to try installing it and see how it goes. I've never had Vista, but for Windows XP and 7, I've been able to install the game as usual, then download and run the Tomb Raider Multi-Patch (Vista version is here). After patching, the game runs perfectly for me. So maybe try that. Then if you have trouble, post here with any error messages or other details. No sense anticipating problems that may not happen. :)

BTW, I haven't made any progress in the game yet. Still going through the ton of email suggestions and making notes on what to check in each level. I'll be sure and post anything promising.

Stella,

I tried to enter a photo in my profile but it failed and said: The upload failed. Please notify an administrator. :(

The board hasn't been accepting my pictures when I've been trying to add attachments either. I'll see if any of the admins know if there's a bug with uploading content at the moment.

The board hasn't been accepting my pictures when I've been trying to add attachments either. I'll see if any of the admins know if there's a bug with uploading content at the moment.

Thanks Shrensh :)

I will start playing on my PC but im not sure if the game will work. any tips. i have windows vista.

I have Windows Vista,I install Tomb Raider 2 just fine,but I couldn't see movies so I downlaod multipatch and everything was fine then:)

thx guys i got to the end of the first level and died. I also forgot to save it. Stupidly i thought it saved automaticly, i dont know why.

You may have gotten used to autosaves because it's very common in the latest games but TRII is hardly a "latest" game :D

I am just finding this way to hard cant get past level 3 and I dont wont to use a walkthrough I am really wont to finish this on my own ;/ Think I am going to drop out and wait till u guys start TR3 I am way better at that one good luck every1 xxx

:D

I am just finding this way to hard cant get past level 3 and I dont wont to use a walkthrough I am really wont to finish this on my own ;/ Think I am going to drop out and wait till u guys start TR3 I am way better at that one good luck every1 xxx

:D

From your nick I would say you work with C/Side and then you say TRII is hard? :rolleyes:

thx guys i got to the end of the first level and died. I also forgot to save it. Stupidly i thought it saved automaticly, i dont know why.

yeah, I have this problem too. I constantly forget that there are no checkpoints, so I die and I haven't saved for ages. It can be quite annoying really, lol.

I'm done with Venice now. My stats:

Tomb22010-07-1623-10-18-57.jpg

I think I'll wait until tomorrow before starting the next level.

Destroying stuff is fun!

Tomb22010-07-1621-25-32-92.jpg

Blowing up bad guys up is also fun!

Tomb22010-07-1621-29-37-10.jpg

So here's my TR synopsis for today:

4:56 Got TR2 booted up finally! Ready to play!

5:08 Just got done doing the obstacle course at Lara's house. Good thing 'cause I forgot which buttons were which. tongue.gif My time was 1:56.8 Not very good I use to be able to do it in like 30 seconds. Oh well I forgot how slow Winston really is though. And how annoying Lara can be when you screw up. The controller feels kinda weird because I'm use to playing with analog sticks now and I'm using the old PS1 controller. I keep reaching down to turn the camera with the right analog stick. I'll get use to the controller quick enough though. Anyways. Moving on.

5:17 I always wished that you can just sit down and make Lara playing something http://twitpic.com/25w5qk

5:26 Just locked Winston in the fridge. That's what he gets for being so annoying all the time. haha. Good times.

5:33 Just made it all the way through the maze and out by randomly taking turns. The door was of course closed when I got back but I did find this when I went back into the kitchen http://twitpic.com/25wamp I love old games and their little glitches :D Back to the game.

5:45 Dad came over and tried to make it through the maze and back. He said that he remembered the path. He failed miserably. There was going to be a video but since we didn't succeed, there is none. :(

5:45 Did the corner jump thing at her house. http://twitpic.com/25wbyh ;)

5:50 Started actual game. I like how vibrant the color of the tigers are. I'm not use to the whole walking and not falling off of the ledge thing yet. I'm getting better though. It's a feature that I think was really helpful and that they need to bring back. I also like how you can jump back the same amount each time you hit the back button. Sets you up for a perfect running jump.

6:00 Made it up into the pool room. Tried looking past the door to see the other side. Another helpful glitch that I like about the older games.

6:05 Take that stupid eagles and your bright red blood! That's what you get for dive bombing me!

6:08 Swam down and got key. For some reason I remember it being a lot harder to get the key.

6:10 Waited until the tiger was right on top of me to jump out and kill it. Dad laughing at me. But it was a very stupid move.

6:11 Waited until tiger was a safe enough distance away then jumped out and killed his bright orange butt! Yeah!!

6:12 Stopped to pig out on KFC and watch Big Brother

So that's as far as I got today. Somewhat productive. I'll get farther tomorrow. Hopefully there'll be more pics and vids. =D Haha. I had fun getting back into the swing of things in the Tomb Raider world today. See ya' tomorrow!

Hey, I think I have come across a buggy sound effect. It doesn't interfere with game play...but it had me cowering in a corner--thinking Stella's walkthrough had neglected to mention a third T-rex...or maybe Mr. T-rex had came back as a zombie T-rex.

Anyway, after dispatching Mrs. T-rex, I still continued to hear her roar--even though her carcass was right in front of me. Was this a bug or an echo? Has it happened to anyone else?

I finished the first level today, but I want to redo it. I somehow forgot to get the first dragon and want to get it so that I can get the extra goodies at the end when you get all three. Besides, I'm trying to put off the speed boat thing as long as I can.

Plus, I don't how many flares I have used because I was hoping to crouch. Have I missed it in the moves, or can Lara not crouch in this game? Couldn't she crouch in TR1? Or am I confused because I've recently played TR5, and I've went back to earlier games?

Offshore Rig is complete!

Now for me this level was easy,at the beginning Lara has no weapons...her pistols are in plain that is in center of place where she is.After you get them everything else is easy-well easy for me-

Note:If you want to get back your Uzies you must found all three secrets.they are not hard to found.

If someone need help with this or some previous level please just ask or visit Stella's web site.

Here are my results:

th.1ed5b05dbd.jpg

One important thing guys,maybe you all wondering how I made all those levels without any medpack use,well its simple guys you just need to run over those bad guys and to roll and they won't be able to shoot at you,if there is some safe distance where you can hide and shoot them,then do that don't go where they are you will lose your medpack.I want to try to reach level Wreck of Moria Doria without using any of medpacks...only two levels left until Moria Doria......I hope you guys fund this useful,because later levels are very hard like Tiber where you need a lot of energy.Good Luck guys!

Edited by BPanther

Plus, I don't how many flares I have used because I was hoping to crouch. Have I missed it in the moves, or can Lara not crouch in this game? Couldn't she crouch in TR1? Or am I confused because I've recently played TR5, and I've went back to earlier games?

No, Lara can't crouch in TR1 or TR2; she only gains that ability in TR3 (along with the ability to sprint).

Good going on not using any medipacks, EldinSuper. I don't have the patience for that, so I use a lot of medipacks :rolleyes:

No, Lara can't crouch in TR1 or TR2; she only gains that ability in TR3 (along with the ability to sprint).

Good going on not using any medipacks, EldinSuper. I don't have the patience for that, so I use a lot of medipacks :rolleyes:

Thanks,I know when I was playing Tomb Raider 2 for first time I lost all my medpacks when I reach Wreck of Moria Doria,and I couldn't finish that level because I use all my medpacks in previous levels....no I want to be little stronger than before and its not very easy it takes me very long time and a lot of saves.

Well raiders, I must say that I hate to say this, but my PS2 version has completely stopped. I was able to play through the tutorial level at her humble abode, but when I started the actual game, it froze during the cutscene and then I tried starting up anything at all for thirty minutes and nothing happened! It's a tomb raider nightmare. I just need to wait, now, until you do TR3 because I know my copy of that is working well. Though, I was fortunate enough to get the TR Gold levels on my PC, so if you guys do them, I'll post what happens there. I did manage to complete Lara's Mansion. So here is what I found!

While watching the opening cutscene, I was reminded of how cool the story is for TR2. It really does have some of the series coolest environments, even if they are not up to date.

I began with Lara's Mansion as it deserves attention as much as any of the other levels. My timed run stopped on 1:40.2 which made me very proud. It seems like I just sped right through it!

Next I traversed the hedge maze. My first two times of trying to open that door were unsuccessful, the door shutting while I could see it in sight. But on the third time, I zoomed right in, WITH A FEW SECONDS TO SPARE!!! Here's a pic that proves Hunter W. has made it into Lara's Secret Room on TR2.

And then, because no tutorial level is really complete without this, I locked Winston in the freezer for good measure. Here are two pics of that. One of preparing for it, another of the final product.

Well guys, I'll be reading and posting for you. Stinks I can't play TR2, but I'll join in again for TR3!

Wishing you all fun,

Hunter (helion555)

---EDIT---

Sorry guys, it seems the links I made to the pictures have to be copied and pasted into the search bar, too much work. SO here's a link to my album with the same pics if you are interested.

Cheers!

TR2MansionPics

Edited by Helion555

Well raiders, I must say that I hate to say this, but my PS2 version has completely stopped. I was able to play through the tutorial level at her humble abode, but when I started the actual game, it froze during the cutscene and then I tried starting up anything at all for thirty minutes and nothing happened! It's a tomb raider nightmare. I just need to wait, now, until you do TR3 because I know my copy of that is working well. Though, I was fortunate enough to get the TR Gold levels on my PC, so if you guys do them, I'll post what happens there. I did manage to complete Lara's Mansion. So here is what I found!

While watching the opening cutscene, I was reminded of how cool the story is for TR2. It really does have some of the series coolest environments, even if they are not up to date.

I began with Lara's Mansion as it deserves attention as much as any of the other levels. My timed run stopped on 1:40.2 which made me very proud. It seems like I just sped right through it!

Next I traversed the hedge maze. My first two times of trying to open that door were unsuccessful, the door shutting while I could see it in sight. But on the third time, I zoomed right in, WITH A FEW SECONDS TO SPARE!!! Here's a pic that proves Hunter W. has made it into Lara's Secret Room on TR2.

And then, because no tutorial level is really complete without this, I locked Winston in the freezer for good measure. Here are two pics of that. One of preparing for it, another of the final product.

Well guys, I'll be reading and posting for you. Stinks I can't play TR2, but I'll join in again for TR3!

Wishing you all fun,

Hunter (helion555)

---EDIT---

Sorry guys, it seems the links I made to the pictures have to be copied and pasted into the search bar, too much work. SO here's a link to my album with the same pics if you are interested.

Cheers!

TR2MansionPics

Oh,sorry my friend:(

But you can get pc version if you have pc??

Oh,sorry my friend:(

But you can get pc version if you have pc??

I suppose. My computer supports the TR Gold levels just perfectly, I'd say even better than the PlayStation. But I don't have the PC version, only PlayStation. :( It's a good thing my copy of TR3 still works!