Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Tomb Raider 2 Group Play

Stellalune

Ah! It's so much fun reading about everyone's progress! I am waaay too useless to even consider not using medipacks but maybe I should challenge myself.

I have finished Venice and have just embarked on a hide and seek for Signore Bartoli...

Had a major heartattack moment going into "the villa". I killed the thug on the balcony and then completely forgot there was another thug hiding among the pillars... I almost threw my laptop on the floor!

Happy raiding everyone!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! woo! venice is done!(thanks stella ^_^ ) that was eaisier than I remembered

:mellow: now I'm in uncharted territory, though. NO idea what the heck I'm doing. good thing there's walkthroughs.

woah! there's a lost valley in the great wall?! I must remember to check that out sometime. :o

I love all the little glitches.."no wait! I didn't wanna go there! nooooooo!! *game over*" I feel like I have to command lara by yelling at her... LOL! <_<

~I'll just take my coco puffs and head downstairs now ~

:lol: Peace Out!

just finished bartoli's hideout:

1: I love how it takes 4 bullets to kill a rat

2: when you kill someone, sometimes they're in mid-air or floating with only their feet on a balcony. :lol: I missed that.

3:whenever I killed a guy (all the thugs look the same!) I heard zip in my head saying "darn, it wasn't rutland." ^_^ we have to play legend sometime :rolleyes: its the bestest...

4: there was a groundhog in my backyard, who was short and fat. I thought it made tons of sense to name him winston.

5:it isn't enough for me to keep accidently stepping off high places and falling to my death, but my bratty cat has to keep peeing on my freshly printed walkthroughs.

6: from now on, I'll post ONCE per day.

7: @stella I never thought about the constipated toddler thing, but now that you mention it! LMAO! :lol:

(picture on winston I thought I should share.)

post-8374-127947956658_thumb.jpg

@Mute2conversations:

I thought the same thing as you when I first played the game but its the tigers above Lara on the next platform form where u slide across on the zipline that u can hear not the T-rex's lol it freaked me out at first I stood there like an idoit waiting for another T-rex till I figured it was them daft Tigers lol

Hi all!

It's been great to read all your posts, comments and the famous screenshots from Shrensh! Well done, everyone! I'm not playing at the moment, but enjoying reading your posts!

A warm welcome to all new members, hope you enjoy your time here! Just a *tiny* request. After you post, if you forgot something... just click the "edit" button at the bottom (right side) of your post and you can just add the the information you missed! It helps the reading after! ;)

Thanks everyone,

BPanther

Hey, BPanther. Great to see you! Sorry you won't be playing along with us, but maybe next time. :D

Congrats to everybody on the weekend's progress. You all seem to be doing well and having fun, and I'm enjoying your posts. (What is up with the giant furniture!? Those chairs Eldin posted are humongous! And Lara's kitchen sink is practically a hot tub!)

Not much in-game progress for me today. Mostly I've been working on tweaks and screenshots for the Croft Manor and Great Wall walkthroughs. Can you believe this was the first walkthrough I ever wrote? (If you read it, you probably can. :P ) It really needs a lot of work and a lot more visuals.

I revised the training level hedge maze map in case anyone wants to take another go at the treasure room. There's also a link to the PC flight patch, in case you've had enough of banging into walls and just want to see the loot. ;) Revised walkthrough is here: http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR2walk/croftmanor.html.

My main achievement of the day is this video. I hope to get through Venice tomorrow! Buona fortuna a tutti!

Edited by Stellalune
fixed youtube link

I'm posting this later than when I played which is why this doesn't have a time line like my previous posts.

But I finished Venice today. Here's the stats. http://twitpic.com/26lgyd I was wondering out loud today about why the interesting stats aren't included in the stats page at the end of a level. Like how many times you died, how many times you saved, shortest time between saves, shortest time staying alive (and vice versa), how many times you blew Lara up with the cheat code (I believe it was 8). Stuff like that. =)

I was also having lots of fun with the glitch that enables you to look through walls or put part of your body through the wall. Or someone else's body...... http://twitpic.com/26kyeg Haha

And the fact that the villain's bodies are apparently made of a stiff board since they don't slump over yet stick out straight in the air. http://twitpic.com/26kz9r

But I did enjoy this level. My dad and I were having a blast doing Venice. Plus he was helping me out because he has this whole game memorized so he was telling me when I'd have to whack some people. ;) Which helped a lot. I also got A LOT better at the jump and shoot technique today. I was a little rusty before but I think I'm back in the groove.

My fav was probably smashing the gondolas. That was really fun. Side note: Does anyone else think that the gondolas look like ribs? Like if you look at them from the top.

Something else that was fun was blowing Lara up in the mines instead of using the cheat code. Here's a really crappy quality video of that

You can hear my dad and I in the background there. He was telling me to jump out of the boat and I'm like "No I wanna blow her up." I'm a slightly morbid teen. :P Like instead of reloading I drowned her and laughed when she started spazzing out then died....... Hey my dad was laughing too!!

Also to go along with something I said in my last post (where I said that the dude you kill on the balcony at the beginning looks like the Joker). I found a dude that I killed today that looks like the Terminator. It's like Edios looked at comic books for the design of the villains. The Terminator isn't a comic is it? I don't know I don't read comics. Anyways... I wish I took a picture but I didn't.

It took us a while to finish that level though. We couldn't figure out how to get to the dang door (the one to end the level) in time! We got it after we looked at Stella's walkthrough. T=D

Then we started Bartoli's Hideout. Didn't get very far I don't think. I enjoyed the jumpy jump parts (my professional way to say a part with lots of things you need to jump/across/etc. to advance in the level). I stopped right in the ballroom which has a HUGE jumpy jump part so that'll be fun when I get back on tomorrow. ;)

Got my Uzis now though which I'm happy about. The big sword dudes kinda freaked me out but I made it through ok. =)

I have a BIG tip for the room with the slicey slider and the fire, like where you have to jump over the five or so things of fire that go on and off. The room right after you push the block in the fire place. DON'T MAKE IT TOO DIFFICULT. I found a really easy way to get through it. At the top of the slider angle yourself to the right, step back and jump out to the right. That way you'll land in the water instead of having to deal with the slider. You following me? Ok so stay in the water. You see where the fire booby trap thing is? Good. If you swim under water over to where the fire things are, you'll see that you can swim right under all of the fire thingys. Swim up and you'll notice that you've gone under all of the fire things except for one. Just pull yourself up on the last one and quickly stand jump over the flame. Make sure that you stand jump as soon as you pull yourself up otherwise she'll catch on fire if you stand there too long. Then you've past the fire booby trap thing easily and you can advance! =D Hope that's helpful. Saved me a lot of time. I wish that I would've taken a video or pics or something but I didn't. =( Oh well. If you guys don't understand then let me know and I'll try to make it more understandable. =)

Then that's where I stopped. So I'll see you guys tomorrow! =D

Edited by rosinna

I DID IT! (Forgive the all-caps...I'm screaming for joy, not being aggressive). I finished the Venice level, which stumped me last time!

Obviously, my brain wasn't in my head the first time I played this game...or it was on a coffee break. I also didn't know about the area with the T-rexes in The Great Wall, and when everybody was talking about it...I was like, "We are playing TR2, right?"

I felt the same way! This is like playing a new Tomb Raider game because I've never actually played through the whole original games without the use of cheats. And just today, I finished Venice with all three secrets found by myself! I was so proud when my stats came up... :)

just finished bartoli's hideout:

3:whenever I killed a guy (all the thugs look the same!) I heard zip in my head saying "darn, it wasn't rutland."

Loved that...haha...that's gonna happen to me now ;)

Okay...with a bit of "patience and persistence" I was able to play through the Great all and Venice today with my half-broken copy of the game...haha! I discovered that after an hour or so, the game will freeze and then won't work for awhile...but on the bright side, I found out Tomb Raider 2 Gold for the PC is only .99 on Ebay and Amazon! So I'll work on convincing my mom to buy it for me...maybe do some of those extra chores.

But on to the forum. I love the whole thing. Some of the comments make me laugh.

@Stella...And I quite enjoyed the video, Stella. When I saw the corner bug two months ago or so, I tried it and was surprised it worked! It seemed to goopd to be true at the time because it was so darn cool! I noticed the color-changing block on the roof wasn't in TR2 so I must've been playing TR3. ;) I'm sure the corner bug helped you while redoing the maze walkthrough map! ;)

Also, I am pretty beast now at Venice. I found two treasures with my own exploration tactics! YES! I finally beat a level with all secrets in the TR games WITHOUT a walkthrough (I'm sure I'll need to use one eventually, though...haha!) I liked finding the gold one at the bottom of the pool in one of the first underground waterways. You should have seen the expression on my face!

I think I'll get up tomorrow morning and start on Bartoli's Hideout next. Also, I think I want to start speed running the levels. Let's see how fast I can manuver those traps in The Great Wall...

Until tomorrow...Good raiding everyone! What an interesting weekend! (Not to mention this was my first time discovering what a forum was...haha!!)

P.S. Here are my Great Wall stats.

Stats: http://s1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/?action=view&current=100_1279.jpg

Yay I'm finally through TR1 (and what a great game it was!)! I'll go install TR2 now and start playing either tonight or tomorrow... and start to catch up you, guys! :rolleyes: Well, at least I'll try. Anyway I fell in love with TRs again :wub: What the first game lacks(? meaning if it lacks!) in graphics it totally makes up in story!

Morning guys! I'm having an awesome success streak with getting my game to work correctly. It didn't freeze at all while playing and I manageds to get through two and a half levels. Good times. During Venice, I found all secrets which surprised me as I didn't think I could do that AND complete a level without a walkthrough twice. I forgot to post my stats last night so they are below. In Bartoli's Hideout, I felt about as bad as everybody else still adjusting to the D-Pad controls. I would smile when reading someone's post about falling off an edge and think...seriously? It's that hard? But don't worry, I know the struggle now as I had my own share of untimely falls whilst playing the game.

And then I got to Opera House. A whopper. It seemed I couldn't go five minutes without running into a baddie of some sort. It took forever to kill the boss-baddie at the end of the level as I'd already exhausted my supply of medipacks. Haha!

I liked the whole stage thing going on in the level and, once again, was able to collect all three secrets without the use of a walkthrough. :) Actually, I did have to use it once when trying to find out where to go in the first room, the big canal with the Opera House on the other side. I didn't know that you could shatter the windows with a few well-placed bullets...but that was the only time I needed one...only to figure out that the windows were breakable! It seemed a bit like TR5, you could do all of these new abilities and you didn't know it until you look it up in a walkthrough...like those circular doors you can pull open or jump and yank down from the ceiling.

And I found something quite useful in Opera House. The canal is a formidable oppenent as it will annoy you to death when you make an incorrectly-placed jump and fall all the way down, then having to climb back up so you can fall down again. So the tip I have for you is the CORNER-BUG. If you make a nasty fall and need to get back up, swim to the platform in the water where the goon shot at you and use the corner bug on the wall facing the area with the breakable windows. If you use the corner-bug correctly, you'll find yourself on the ledge above in about three or fours jumps. This can come in handy!

Well, off to Offshore Rig now! ;)

Stats for Venice, Bartoli's Hideout and Opera House below:

Venice Stats: http://s1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/?action=view&current=100_1280.jpg

Bartoli's Hideout Stats: http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1281.jpg

Opera House Stats: http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1285.jpg

I finished Bartoli's Hideout last night. I hope this game is generous with medipacks, because it seems I can't fight those goons without losing a lot of health--particularly those near to last two gun-toting goons that you shoot at through the window. I found it best to shoot at them through the window then jump back into the other room and let them come at me there.

Question: I just noticed this. Let us say you have just did a running jump and grab to a higher level ledge. You pull the switch or get a secret, and then you are supposed to return the way you came. Does it seem to be a general rule...even if you did a running jump and grab to get to a ledge, if it is higher than the previous one...when you are returning, you do a standing jump? I hope I put this well. I just started noticing that Stella often mentions this in her walkthroughs. You would assume that if you did a running jump to get to a place, you would do a running jump to leave. However, I often overshoot the lower ledge when I do this.

The hardest part for me in Bartoli's Hideout was the underwater sequence where we get the grenades and one of the secrets. I found it helpful to pull the lever before getting the goodies. There seemed to be a current that pushed Lara a bit, or else I just have a problem controlling her underwater. I had a problem in TR1 in The Cistern. She kept swimming past the key, even when I pressed action. Then one time I got stuck in the wall somehow and had to reload.

Even though I lose a health pack with every goon I fight, it seems, I'm glad TR2 isn't like TR1 in having baddies you can't kill. I'm playing TR1 too, and even though I take Stella's advice, Pierre keeps coming after me. Stella's advice is always sound, but it never works for me when it comes to Pierre. I wonder if the games have coded instructions that adapt the game to the player--because I swear Pierre just has it in for me. I shoot at him twice, I run past him, I don't block the exit, I break eye contact--he comes after me when he should run away. I lose two big medipacks with every confrontation before he'll disappear. So I'm glad that, at least so far, TR2 has killable baddies.

Another question: Do you think the explosion at the end of Bartoli's Hideout was worth losing a little health in fighting the sniper? I was a little disappointed in it personally. I was thinking I would have been better off just ending the level early.

I still lose a lot of flares because I get the sidestep button confused with the flare button--and it is particularly bad because it is different from TR1, which I'm also playing at the moment. TR1, R1 and R2 both sidestep. In TR2, it is...R2 + D-pad right or left (I think). And I almost saved a game rather than load it, but I caught myself in time. Then I remembered just in time to make a copy to my other disk, but to make sure the disk in memory slot 1 was the one I had just used. I initially put the wrong disk in the wrong memory slot, and if I hadn't of caught myself--I would have copied an earlier save and lost my Bartoli level.

One of these days, I expect to pee myself. I don't know why I do this. There is a pause button, after all. But often when I'm in a challenging area, I don't want to interrupt myself to go to the bathroom. I'm afraid I'll lose...I don't know what. I tend to make more mistakes, and it is probably because I'm distracted by a full bladder.

I'm really enjoying reading all your posts, guys! This is fun! I don't always comment on your posts, but I appreciate them!

Where is my Wreck or Moria Doria post is was here on page 6.....Strange now I can't find it anywhere :unsure:

Here is video guys how to enter Croft Manor without getting to the main door and without Winston:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnuNewSP1FI

Hi! I merged your posts together to look more tidy ;) This means that the thread got reduced in size but all posts and messages are here, nothing was deleted! You just need to look for your screenshot on page 5 or 4! :)

Happy raiding! Stella, loved your video! That bug is really cool!

BP

Hi! I merged your posts together to look more tidy ;) This means that the thread got reduced in size but all posts and messages are here, nothing was deleted! You just need to look for your screenshot on page 5 or 4! :)

Happy raiding! Stella, loved your video! That bug is really cool!

BP

Thank you very much! :D

One really helpful bug:)

I found out about this while I was playing level The Deck,please see it guys and comment :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bojeTquEz4o

Question: I just noticed this. Let us say you have just did a running jump and grab to a higher level ledge. You pull the switch or get a secret, and then you are supposed to return the way you came. Does it seem to be a general rule...even if you did a running jump and grab to get to a ledge, if it is higher than the previous one...when you are returning, you do a standing jump? I hope I put this well. I just started noticing that Stella often mentions this in her walkthroughs. You would assume that if you did a running jump to get to a place, you would do a running jump to leave. However, I often overshoot the lower ledge when I do this.

Yeah, it's easy to overshoot when jumping from a high ledge to a lower one. I tend to be careful about making running jumps from high platforms to lower ones.

Another question: Do you think the explosion at the end of Bartoli's Hideout was worth losing a little health in fighting the sniper? I was a little disappointed in it personally. I was thinking I would have been better off just ending the level early.

lol, it's not really worth it, is it? You don't even get to see the explosion. Ah well, I did it because that's what you're supposed to do.

Here is video guys how to enter Croft Manor without getting to the main door and without Winston:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnuNewSP1FI

Very nice :lol: I just went and tried it myself :lol:

I'm done with the Diving Area now. I only managed to find one secret :(

post-7-12795689797_thumb.jpg

My goodness, this is an extremely long ladder.

post-7-127956900051_thumb.jpg

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

post-7-127956905041_thumb.jpg

This chop snuck up behind me and set me alight while I was killing some dogs. Meanie :(

post-7-127956909728_thumb.jpg

Some action shots. I got set alight a lot trying to get these, so I have a load of screenshots in which it looks like Lara's butt is on fire.

post-7-127956928157_thumb.jpg

post-7-127956929192_thumb.jpg

Finally those levels in water are over,now Lara let's go on the snowy Tibet :rolleyes:

You know guys this game calls Tomb Raider 2,but I think that they should call it Water Raider :D

Here are my results:

def002dd23.jpg

Edited by EldinSuper

@Shrensh--By the way, I love your avatar. That is so funny!

@Stella--I didn't know if we should mention corrections on this thread or send you an email. Since you do seem to read the posts, I decide to write it here rather than clog up your email.

On Level 4: Opera House, the very end part of The Roof when you've pressed the button in the alcove with the swinging crate to open the trapdoor out of the roof. In your walkthrough, you claim that two thugs come out of here. In my game--the PS2--there were three thugs. Of course, I don't know if the third came from the trapdoor...I only saw two in the screenshot. The two ran around on the ground, but the third fired from on top of the dome. It was the third thug on the dome that had the shotgun shells and flares.

:blink: Today, I attempt the opera house. *dun dun dun dunn* wish me luck..

My thoughts and observations: Opera House. ^_^

1: I wasn't very far into the level before I heard zip in my head saying "man, this place is weird and complicated!" :rolleyes:

2: I was so bored throughout the entire level, unless I was frusterated and yelling at all the bulky italian goons that were projecting hot pieces of lead into my body. :wacko:

3: I'll never be able to visit italy without thinking about this game.

4: the stiffs were still stiff, and would project from ledges..just like always :lol:

5: I found out about the glass the hard way, and I'd forgotten to save.. :angry:

6: who puts a boulder trap in an opera house?! wth?!

7: I think I set the world record for number of times I had to save the game. (80 thousandish)

8: but I still love TR2 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StFBbMGvews <--an epic fail TR video...

Edited by CaityFM

Hiii! I'm currently in the middle of The Opera House! WOO! :] And I have to sat I'm very proud of myself because I have gotten all the secrets for each level (thanks to Stella's walkthrough of course. I couldn't do it all on my own ;])

Here are some pictures from my Tomb Raiderin'!

jv6ebm.jpg

T-Rex in the Great Wall. I had no idea that there were two of them in the Great Wall!

2czoc4o.jpg

Boom! :]

maeba1.jpg

Those guys used to scare me when I was little. xD

25oxelv.jpg

I just saw this the other night. I didn't realize this poster was here and I've had the game for over ten years!

Sorry the pictures are poor quality. I was playing really late at night and the lighting wasn't the greatest. I played for like 4-5 hours straight and finally went to bed around 1 I think. I'm really enjoying this! :]

Hope you guys are having fun!

:blink: Today, I attempt the opera house. *dun dun dun dunn* wish me luck..

My thoughts and observations: Opera House. ^_^

1: I wasn't very far into the level before I heard zip in my head saying "man, this place is weird and complicated!" :rolleyes:

2: I was so bored throughout the entire level, unless I was frusterated and yelling at all the bulky italian goons that were projecting hot pieces of lead into my body. :wacko:

3: I'll never be able to visit italy without thinking about this game.

4: the stiffs were still stiff, and would project from ledges..just like always :lol:

5: I found out about the glass the hard way, and I'd forgotten to save.. :angry:

6: who puts a boulder trap in an opera house?! wth?!

7: I think I set the world record for number of times I had to save the game. (80 thousandish)

8: but I still love TR2 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StFBbMGvews <--an epic fail TR video...

I loved this! The video was great. And I agree with you with number 6. Who does put boulders in an Opera House. :P

I'm sorry that I haven't really commented your posts, but you see, I haven't played TR2 before and just started now so I didn't want to get spoilers :rolleyes: Anyway I just started the real playing after being in Manor (where I found my way through the maze and to the secret room! :lol:) and I'm in the beginning of the first level when I hear that my family is visiting one anonymous relative today... grrhh... :wacko: But no matter: I'll just play more tonight!

Mm, yeah: on the Great Wall. And this is btw my first "update" of playing TR2, yay! :D

Good luck raiding, I'll check back tomorrow! ;)