Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Tomb Raider 2 Group Play

Stellalune

Thanks Stella,I am trying to be best as I can.....this is my first time that i am looking for all secrets and I can tell you that this is my first time that I feel special connection with Lara.Of course its great to know that I am not the only one who playing Tomb Raider 2 now and I think this forum is blast.

And one question for you Stella,after we finish whole game can we post Gold levels for Tomb Raider 2 here on forum :rolleyes:

Anyway you guys are great and I like to see female players here on forum Shrensh is relly good player,keep up with good work Shrensh.And good luck to everybody ^_^

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Stella! Oh, when Guardian of Light is released I will also focus on that, but I only have PC and PS3, so I will be playing mostly on September. Thank you very much for the link, I already knew some places on TR4 that really exist in Egypt, but not all. Thank you very much.

Ok, after some problems with the installation and sound, I finnaly began playing. So, I went through The Great Wall, and of course, nostalgia. Traps, the view, the wife and son of Mr. T-Rex from the Lost Valley... Oh, the level begins smoothly, it is easy, but when the traps first appear, it gets intense, REALLY intense. Here are some pics

post-8381-091020100 1279806543_thumb.jpg

post-8381-005157400 1279806567_thumb.jpg

post-8381-041271500 1279806607_thumb.jpg

Now I am going to Venice, Italy, and my favourite tune of the game is going to play: venice violins. :D can't wait!

post-8381-039679800 1279806539_thumb.jpg

Edited by JD_Zen

Okay my forum amigos, I had a great gameplay session this morning and discovered a ton of new things I cannot wait to share with you. I also have some images (links below) of different places and a sequence that will help any Speedrunners out there! SO first, let us talk about the first level I completed this morning: The Wreck of the Maria Doria. I didn't like this level as much as others, but the feel of it was pretty cool.

@Shrensh- The creepy air was the only reason I really enjoyed the Wreck of the Maria Doria. It was cool and everything, but it didn't seem as fun and exciting as some of the other levels. And a note-the windows that reveal water outside, and sharks is really cool.

I died once and it was completely not my fault. When you are in the Captain's Room, whatever it's called, with the upside down wheel and stuff, there was a ramp somewhere around there which held a trapdoor you would use to get the key outside the ship in the water. Well, upon my primary exploration of the area, I stood down on the trapdoor, and I didn't know until later I had been stepping on one, and my health bar was down. The next thing I know, a shark's mouth pops through the trapdoor-WHILE IT'S CLOSED!-and bites me and I died. A glitch...

Speaking of glitches, my brother was playing the Great Wall last night, and he fell down into the second spike pit during the intense trap-run and didn't die. He had landed in the spikes and was able to walk around. Just another cool glitch.

Also @Shrensh- I felt the same with with those two baddies that came through the closed door and attacked me. I had to resort to the use of a large medipack, one I was battling to save.

Well, you can say I was happy when the Wreck of the Maria Doria was over as it wasn't me favorite level in the game. EVerybody is saying they enjoyed Venice and Tibet the most. I LOVED Venice, so I'll probably love Tibet as well.

@Stella- I don't remember if this was Maria Doria or Living Quarters, but I agree that the fact that switches are located in a ridiculous place being they are far away from the doors they open. I think the sailors on the Maria Doria should sue the ship's architects. In the room where you have the burners and the ledge you have to shimmy across to reach a switch that turns them off, the lever to open the door to the next room couldn't be reached! I mean, what if the ship sank or something (what a slim chance this is). The sailors would have to be half drowning before they could use the lever to open the exit door!!!

I haven't put on any stats since Opera House, so here they are below: (Note- I pretty much have given up on finding all three secrets in each level. I'll go back for them when I start speedrunning the levels)

Offshore Rig:http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1288.jpg

Diving Area:http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1289.jpg

40 Fathoms:http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1290.jpg

The Wreck of the Maria Doria: http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1312.jpg

But wait...there's more! I played and completed (in a sense) Living Quarters as well this morning in about 39 Minutes. This is simply because I found a cool glitch that would be good for any speedrunner. And, oh my goodness, I am forgetting something big. Let's jump back to Maria Doria for a second. At one point, you will be in a room that looks like this... http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1315.jpg In this picture, the platform you need lowered to get to the higher area is already lowered. After completing a backroom with a spike pit trap and two switches with two ledges, this platform lowers. But I found a way to skip this area and continue on without lowering the platform. By following the series of images below, you will be able to continue without the risk of death in the spike-pit room.

Click on the link and then, whilst in my Photobucket Album, find the four images labeled Parts 1-4 to discover how to easily bypass this area.

http://s1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/

Okay, now back to Living Quarters.

Here's a cool pic I wanted to share because it looks incredible with Lara in it: http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1324.jpg

After a a bit in Living Quarters. You'll come to a room with tall, thin pillars. It's the room where you can jump up on the crate and then over the railings to backtrack, the room where a big gap separates you from THE DECK (the next level). Well I discvoered a way to, once you get here, skip the rest of the level and continue straight to THE DECK. Sorry I don't have pictures as once I discoverd this, I was automatically taken to the next level without a seconds' thought. WHat you do is find the gap that separates you from the doorway to THE DECK, which sits on the other side of the gap. Find the edge of your side of the gap that stretches farther out than any other ledge on your side. Arrange Lara so that she is in the top right corner of the ledge, direct her towards the leftmost side of the doorway's ledge, then jump while holding the ACTION button. Lara should grab the ledge and either the level ends when you grab it, or when you pull yourself up.

Sorry, everyone, for taking up so much space with this post. I had a great time with TR2 this morning and love being able to record the experience so that others see it. I'll get to posting images of THE DECK tip soon, so until then...keep up the GOOD WORK!

^_^ Alrighty, today I have just enough time before work to get that dang offshore oil thingy out of my sight :) I think I'm having tomb withdrawal...and why is that lady on the side of the seaplane?! I was like.."what...?" lol!

--OFF TO THE BASEMENT-- :P

Great gaming Helion555 ;)

Well, now that I adventured myself through the canals of Venice, I have some nice things to say. First of all, I snaped Lara while she was flying with the boat, pretty awesome picture:

post-8381-001731200 1279812543_thumb.jpg

Then, Lara looked at me, and said "Let's blow up one boat, since there are two boats. I love to explode things ^^"

And here is the result:

post-8381-049920200 1279812604_thumb.jpg

Finally, well, there something that I really like about Venice (and Bartoli's Hideout levels) that gives a nice fresh touch to all of the environment. The lemon trees:

post-8381-056227900 1279812702_thumb.jpg

Well, this was a pretty tough level. No trouble finding secrets, pretty easy, but lots of trouble killing enemies. There are lots of enemies, and most of them have guns. Yes, that annoying gun that looks like a shotgun. It hurts Lara a lot. So medipacks are requeried. Here are the final stats:

post-8381-030770100 1279812791_thumb.jpg

Next time, the hideout. Happy gaming everyone :lol:

@Rosinna--watch your cat. My cat abducted one of my stuffed animals (a cat) for his harem. Fortunately, I wasn't as fond of that one as I am of some of my other stuffed animals. I let him have it. Of course, sometimes I hide it because otherwise he'll wake me up late at night with his yowling. Cats cannot make love down by the fire without alerting the whole household.

I thought the lady on the side of the sea plane looked like Sybil Danning.

@Stellalune--Thanks! Nice to hear from you! Hopefully, I am correct about some of these perceived differences. I have to admit that sometimes I get turned around and the area I'm in isn't actually the area I'm supposed to be. However, I do think I was right about that particular thing.

Stella, I do have a question: Is there any rule you follow when you are giving directions...um, let me explain this better. When you say something is to the left, do you usually say this with the thought in mind that Lara's back is to the entrance? That is usually how I consider things. I know a few times I have wound up in the wrong place because your walkthrough said something was on the right, and I found it on the left. I don't know if there is a difference in design in games (generally, I haven't found this to be the case in actual design, though there may be variations in objects like bad guys and how they behave). I haven't wanted to mention this, because the problem is direction is relative. If you are saying something is on the right because you are facing the entrance--or you are using something else to determine direction...then it might be on the left for me because I'm using a different point to determine direction. But I was wondering--do you have a particular rule when giving directions? It isn't a constant problem--but in TR1 I find that I've found things in the opposite direction than what you said...so I was curious.

But otherwise, your walkthroughs are wonderful and I'd be lost without them!

Question: Do you guys ever get the idea that the baddies learn? I felt so clever playing TR1 last night. Though it was more work, I figured out a safe way to destroy the second mummy you encounter in the Temple of Khamoon. Then I fell and died, and of course with PS2--we can't save when we want, only when we find a save crystal. When I tried my technique again, the mummy didn't act the same way--which made him harder to kill. I swore he remembered what I did the first time!

One more is behind me, Catacombs of the Talion is finish.

Well,I think that there is nothing special to say about this level,its not so exciting at all.

I made one sceenshot this one remind me of Underworld in first level in Med.Sea where there is huge creature down bellow.Have a look guys:

8706f50af4.jpg

But this one is smaller than one in Underworld.

And here are my results for this level:

9c47f15e35.jpg

And I forgot to tell,those Bartoli's mans are here again :angry:

It looks like that they killed all monks and somehow they are here,and of course they trying to kill Lara again.

Now I must prepare my self for boss in next level Ice Palace :D

Edited by EldinSuper

Well, I have been posting frequently, due to my hurry to catch up with everyone. Most of you are moving to the snow, I'm still in Italy. Well, I just ended Bartoli's Hideout, without blowing anything, yes. I followed Stella's walkthrough (as usual :rolleyes: ) and ended the level without using the detonator, and finding a secret in route. Thanks again Stella ;D

I saw some nice environments, and basically that's what I was more interested in this level, since it is a pretty easy one, some puzzling and some enemies. The "flower stairway":

post-8381-079747100 1279825538_thumb.jpg

The ball room:

post-8381-062823100 1279826111_thumb.jpg

The lemon trees:

post-8381-071201100 1279826232_thumb.jpg

And my final results:

post-8381-016075200 1279826274_thumb.jpg

I have been able to find all secrets, thanks to Stella (of course xD) and completing the levels in a fairly quick time. Not speedrunning of course. Just exploring... See you later, inside the opera, happy raiding :D

Edited by JD_Zen

I've just finished the Living Quarters. Just The Deck to go, and then I can go and play with the snowmobile :lol: I got all the secrets this time B) It's too bad I only have time for one level a day during the work week; I'm really enjoying these shipwreck levels and I want to carry on.

post-7-093726200 1279832537_thumb.jpg

This underwater fire is always good for a laugh :lol:

post-7-033949600 1279832507_thumb.jpg

Stupid stinky diver! :angry:

post-7-042883500 1279840181_thumb.jpg

Stupid stinky barracuda! :angry:

post-7-076374600 1279832519_thumb.jpg

Look at all the corpses I made :D This is revenge for all the times I've been mercilessly gunned down <_<

post-7-045083700 1279832525_thumb.jpg

I went running headlong into the dark without looking, and fell into this spike pit when I hadn't saved for a long time. I was too annoyed to even take a screenshot of Lara's dead body :rolleyes: I do this sort of thing constantly, and the longer I haven't saved for, the higher the chance I'm going to fall off somewhere high or into something spiky.

post-7-044064900 1279832533_thumb.jpg

After we finish whole game can we post Gold levels for Tomb Raider 2 here on forum :rolleyes:

Sure! I hope the PlayStation people won't mind, but I think that would be fun. Hopefully I can finish the main game in time to enjoy them before having to detour for LCGOL.

Is there any rule you follow when you are giving directions...

Theoretically yes, but it doesn't always work as well as it should. Generally I'll try to give directions relative to the entrance to the room/area (if you've just come in) or relative to the last action you did (pulling a switch, etc.). Otherwise,I'll try and say "on Lara's left if her back is to the door" or something like that to give a clue. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't always do this as consistently I should. Sorry. :blush: That's one of the reasons I'm keen on revising these earlier waltkhroughs. ;)

@Helion: I don't know if it's just me, but when I try to look at your Photobucket pages, it asks me for a guest password. I created my own account and logged in, but it still won't let me see your pics. Any ideas?

No more progress for me yet today, but I'm hoping to get in a little play time after dinner. See y'all soon. :D

Well, today I had lots of time to play, so I played the game until Opera House. And let me say it, I didn't have half the trouble I had on previous gameplays. It was very straight forward. This level, for the first-time players (and second, and even third) can be very very frustrating, simply because you have no idea where to go. :angry: This really tests your exploration skills. You need to search through the whole theater in order to find what you need. Well, here are some moments of my raiding :rolleyes:

The big pyramidic kind of dome:

post-8381-032102300 1279838063_thumb.jpg

The abandoned theater (inside):

post-8381-072194500 1279838098_thumb.jpg

The cargo room behind the scenario:

post-8381-085080900 1279838128_thumb.jpg

The airplane and Venice by night: (awesome view :lol: )

post-8381-086622000 1279838174_thumb.jpg

And my final results. I had to use some packs, and I think I used a fair amount, considering the number of enemies and traps. Finally, I am very pleased with my time results, for such a giant level, I went through it very quickly, even getting secrets!

post-8381-098585800 1279838267_thumb.jpg

Well, great raiding today, since I went through the whole first segment (Great Wall and Venice levels). Tomorrow I'm going through the offshore and maybe some of the underwater levels (my personal favourite) :lol: Happy raiding everyone ;)

I'm at the offshore oil thingy still...I'm going to go play it now. My printer is almost out of ink so I hope I can follow stella's walkthrough only being able to read half of every sentence.. :mellow:

@Stella--don't worry about it! I have to think before I remember what is right and left anyway. The only time that is important...well, I guess you should know it when you are traveling somewhere--but it is only fatal if you are a surgeon. It is really annoying in my medical coding course, because you don't think about right and left according to what it is to you...you have to think about the patient's right or left. Hear about those stories where the doctor operates on the wrong side? That is what happened more than likely. :o

Anyway, finished Diving Area today.

At the start, I was confused. I didn't recognize the area as the same area I had saved at the day before. The game put me a little further. The squealing sound was annoying and I wasn't pleased to hear it yet again.

In the room with the swinging hooks, I kept falling into the water when I was trying to take out the thugs and Doberman. :angry2: After checking the walkthrough to make sure I didn't have to keep them in reserve, I switched to the automatic pistols. Lara's regular pistols, frankly, are just not powerful enough to take out enemies without a lot of damage to health.

Toxic Waste Pool I didn't make the jump at the end. Decided to ignore Stella's advice, because it seemed to me Lara could grab the edge. After all, Stella has been known to be wrong before ;):P:lol: So, I pressed action the next time...and realized Stella was right--you can't make the jump at all if you press action. Helpful hint: I found it best to climb out on the far left (your back is to the secret and facing pool). Oh, and the bubbles in the pool that float up can give you some damage.

The designer of that level who did that long, long ladder would be getting a lot of criticism from level editor builders if it were an unofficial game ^_^ . At some point, it looked like Lara was going to let go on me, and I shouted, "You wouldn't dare!" I don't doubt she would dare, but she didn't. Up in the room the ladder lead to, the camera got buggy when I walked onto the metal walkway. I got a good look at Lara's butt. Of course, some people wouldn't mind that view :rolleyes: . When I pressed Look, I saw her shoes. The goodies were hard to locate--Helpful hint: Lara's back to the entrance, they are in the back of the room in the right corner and in the middle. Stay on the blue floor to avoid the problems with the camera.

After sliding down and dropping to the walkway, I was fortunate the guard must be walking in his sleep. Even though Lara dropped down in front of him, he didn't fire at her. I was glad for myself and Lara, but even villians can't get good help these days. :rolleyes:Helpful hints:With the jump to get the blue pass card, I found it helpful to turn Lara to the rightjust a little bit.

I finally got to see what you were all talking about with the floating stiffs when I took out a guard in the Room with the Pool and Circular Saw. I don't know how many times he gave me a scare, because every time I turned to go up the stairs--I ran into his shotgun in my face.

I also learned that you all were right about something else--HARPOON GUNS ARE TOTALLY USELESS! :angry: Even tampons would work better than harpoon guns! :huh: You fire them, and the scuba divers would be like, "Eww!!!" and would probably swim away. :lol:

I'm not looking forward to underwater levels--I have such issues with Lara when it comes to pulling levers underwater. She got trapped in a passage, and I was yelling at her, "No! Lara! No! You have to get out of there! You're almost out of air!" My mom was sitting at the computer while I was playing and laughing. She says it reminds her of when I was a kid playing soldier and she heard me scream, "No, Tommy, you have to keep going even if both of your legs have been blown off! The Vietcong are coming! Tommy!"

In the Helipad, there seems to be no good way to take out the three goons without losing health. Helpful hint: when going into trapdoor in the burner sequence, fall in, roll, run to other side, and press action. Then you can climb out.

Room with Pool and Yellow TanksLara gets set on fire the first time, and I have to listen to the heavy panting of the flame thrower guy. Creep. :angry:Helpful hint Run past the guy with the club and take both out quite easily. Why can't I pick up the flamethrower? :( Definitely more useful than those stupid harpoon guns. :angry:

It was so cool when I killed the scuba divers, and their bodies floated up!

By the end of the game, I was getting awfully tired of going back and forth, back and forth. I couldn't get a medipack from one of the thugs I had killed because he died on a slope that Lara couldn't access. :angry:

That monk is doomed to come back as a termite because I personally think he was having some impure thoughts while Lara was undressing. :D

And the submarine crash was way cool!

Tomorrow, I do 40 Fathoms.

Hey guys! Well, I finally beat the last of the water levels (THANK GOODNESS!!!). As much fun as some parts were, others were not so much and it seemed that these levels dragged on quite a bit. Three, maybe four levels is fine by me for one location...:)

@Stella- I don't know what it is, but it seems when I try something on the computer, it doesn't work out correctly the first time. :( Thanks for letting me know though. The sequence of pictures I had were pretty cool, in the respect that they're useful for speedrunners. I will have to see what I did wrong and try to fix it. Thanks!

@Mute2Conversations- Your posts always make me smile at such an early time in the morning as this! They seem to be very thought out and comical all the same. Haha...keep it up! ;)

I did beat THE DECK this morning, which drug on forever as I've been underwater for the past four days...ugh...I only found two secrets (GOLD and JADE) and completed it in 58 Minutes. Silly me, I forgot to snap a pic when I was done and berated myself for the lack of focus. I think it was all that Tomb Raiding I did yesterday morning. :)

Well, now I am on to the Tibetan Foothills. Although now would be a good time to start speedrunning the levels, so maybe my posts will escalade into a mixture of both. Again, thanks Stella for making me aware of the picture problem and for starting this incredible group-play forum! I myself might eventually have to take a break as well for Guardian of Light, I have microsfot points sitting on my desk in preparation for the 360 release...so excited!

@EldinSuper- How is it you upload your images in such a big size? I wouldn't image mine are that big! But when I try to attach them to my posts I get the error message that says FILE TOO BIG. What do you do to put them on there?

Good job everyone!

Okay Stella and my fellow raiders, I think I fixed the problem with viewing my images uploaded to my Photobucket album. The album in question was default set in Private Mode. I changed it to Public so you should all be able to see the images. Do remember, I am a PlayStation player, so my images are not comparable to the sleek PC images...

;)

Hi everyone!!!

@Mute2Conversations: I don't totally agree with you. The Harpoons can come quite handy in big underwater areas. Althgouh the tampons would be more effective, the Harpoons can be also helpful. :lol: I just went through the Offshore Rig and I saved my harpoons, there are not many in the whole game, so they are valuable for the next levels. I killed the scuba divers out of the water.

I think Offshore Rig is a pretty nasty level. It is filled with traps, tricky jumps, enemies with shotguns and machine guns, etc.. And you need to go through big areas just to get doors open. It is pretty hard, at least for new players. But, if you get used to, you'll go through it pretty quickly, so, no worries. ^^ As I'm getting used to the game, I didn't use much packs, I went through it pretty quickly , and I am going now to the Diving Area. Here are some pics:

The airplane (never got why is there a girl in it):

post-8381-096161600 1279893132_thumb.jpg

Well, this is one big frustrating death:

post-8381-068284200 1279893172_thumb.jpg

The scuba divers area:

post-8381-084251800 1279893198_thumb.jpg

And my final results:

post-8381-021731300 1279893231_thumb.jpg

HAPPY RAIDING :lol:

Well, as I am playing really quickly (even though it is the 11th or 12th time I am playing TR2, it still makes me grab to the computer :lol: ) I am uptading my status frequently. Now I went through Diving Area. In this level, you'll die often, even if you played already the game. The toxic pool, the machinery, the shotguns and flamethrowers (these are very frustrating), lots of dogs, etc.. Very deadly level indeed :wacko:

This is a kind of bug or whatever, you may see some differences comparing to the "in-game" version of the pic: :rolleyes:

post-8381-018551300 1279898238_thumb.jpg

Green goo, and goo bubbles ^_^

post-8381-092827200 1279898275_thumb.jpg

Sinking sumbarineeeee

post-8381-060689100 1279898306_thumb.jpg

And my final stats. I was very lucky, and since I had the Uzis, packs weren't much needed, and it was a very straight forward run. Now let's go to the water ^^

post-8381-084604400 1279898421_thumb.jpg

Darn! I'm just getting farther and farther behind...I keep asking my mom to read stella's walkthrough to me but she's been busy. I don't like having to take one step, pause, read, unpause, take another step, <_< today that offshore oil rig thingy is going DOWN. DOWN DOWN DOWN. *come on lara, lets do this thingamajig! ..walks downstairs, inspired*

@mute2conversations you're pretty hilarious :lol:

Hey guys! Well, I finally beat the last of the water levels (THANK GOODNESS!!!). As much fun as some parts were, others were not so much and it seemed that these levels dragged on quite a bit. Three, maybe four levels is fine by me for one location...:)

@Stella- I don't know what it is, but it seems when I try something on the computer, it doesn't work out correctly the first time. :( Thanks for letting me know though. The sequence of pictures I had were pretty cool, in the respect that they're useful for speedrunners. I will have to see what I did wrong and try to fix it. Thanks!

@Mute2Conversations- Your posts always make me smile at such an early time in the morning as this! They seem to be very thought out and comical all the same. Haha...keep it up! ;)

I did beat THE DECK this morning, which drug on forever as I've been underwater for the past four days...ugh...I only found two secrets (GOLD and JADE) and completed it in 58 Minutes. Silly me, I forgot to snap a pic when I was done and berated myself for the lack of focus. I think it was all that Tomb Raiding I did yesterday morning. :)

Well, now I am on to the Tibetan Foothills. Although now would be a good time to start speedrunning the levels, so maybe my posts will escalade into a mixture of both. Again, thanks Stella for making me aware of the picture problem and for starting this incredible group-play forum! I myself might eventually have to take a break as well for Guardian of Light, I have microsfot points sitting on my desk in preparation for the 360 release...so excited!

@EldinSuper- How is it you upload your images in such a big size? I wouldn't image mine are that big! But when I try to attach them to my posts I get the error message that says FILE TOO BIG. What do you do to put them on there?

Good job everyone!

Hi,I do that on this site:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/

Just upload image on it and you will see links below,copy one of them and paste it here and thats it :D

Darn! I'm just getting farther and farther behind...I keep asking my mom to read stella's walkthrough to me but she's been busy. I don't like having to take one step, pause, read, unpause, take another step, <_< today that offshore oil rig thingy is going DOWN. DOWN DOWN DOWN. *come on lara, lets do this thingamajig! ..walks downstairs, inspired*

@mute2conversations you're pretty hilarious :lol:

@CaityFM: there is something you can do! Go to the setup (start->core design->tomb raider II->Setup Tomb Raider II)and choose to play in Windowd mode. Then, you can adjust the size of the window. Then, open the game and the walkthrough (you can go to the upper-right corner, and press the middle button to make the window smaller) and adjust the layout of both windows, and play play play :lol:

Here are some screens

1 - open the setup, and tick "Windowd Mode". You can adjust the size as you which

post-8381-054585700 1279901426_thumb.png

2 - Resize the walkthrough window

post-8381-079009300 1279901554_thumb.png

3 - You can see the game window and the walkthrough window resized

post-8381-030748800 1279901586_thumb.png

(it continues in the next post, since there is no more space to put pics)

Hey guys,

i'm Guy from OKC, OK in the US. i'm jumping into the co-op just now, but i've already started the offshore rig level.

Tell me--back in Venice (or perhaps Bartoli's Hideout, i forget), there is a door that Lara can run at as though she's able to go through it were it open, yet i've never gotten it open in all the times i've played TR2. It's on one side of a bridge. Do you know which door i'm talking about? Is this just a remnant of an earlier level design that didn't get published? Is there a way to get into that door?

--Guy

Hey guys,

i'm Guy from OKC, OK in the US. i'm jumping into the co-op just now, but i've already started the offshore rig level.

Tell me--back in Venice (or perhaps Bartoli's Hideout, i forget), there is a door that Lara can run at as though she's able to go through it were it open, yet i've never gotten it open in all the times i've played TR2. It's on one side of a bridge. Do you know which door i'm talking about? Is this just a remnant of an earlier level design that didn't get published? Is there a way to get into that door?

--Guy

Hi Guy, welcome to the gaming :)

About that "door", I believe you are talking about this one:

post-8381-042308900 1279906141_thumb.jpg

This "door" can't be opened. I don't know if it is a remnant, but I don't believe it. I think it's there on purporse, just for the design. After all, there are many doors in TR2 that can't be opened. This is one.

Well, thanks to Stella for the savegame that allowed me to get to that door almost instantly, and as always, happy raiding :lol:

Hello everyone! So I got a little farther in the Opera House yesterday. I'm hoping to finish today since I think I'm falling a little behind. I'll catch up! ;) But yesterday I stopped right after I flipped the switch in the pool thing in the floor of the stage. Did that make sense? Whatever. :) Anyways... Here's why I did get very far yesterday:

First of all I got killed by the boulders about 8 times because I was too stupid to see that jumping to that certain platform wasn't going to work. Also I was running around for like 20 minutes trying to figure out where to go. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to go to the room with the fan ducts or to the stage first. So I spent a while just running back and forth between those two rooms. My dad wasn't over so I didn't have my human walkthrough sitting next to me. But I did get farther.

I was wondering a couple things though. First, why are rats so hard to kill!?!?!?!!!!!!! And second, why is there so much ugly 80's carpet around the Opera House?!

I didn't get any pictures from this level though. :( I'll try to get some today.

Video Update: Ok so if you've read my last post you know that I filmed what my dad and I played the other day. So here's what's up. I have pretty much all of it edited but YouTube has failed my upload 4 times now. I tried uploading it to Dailymotion but then it froze about a quarter of the way through. And then my power went out. So that' what's up with that. If any of you know of a video uploading site that can upload videos really quickly or have any help on my problem let me know. It'll be greatly appreciated.

See ya' later today!! =D

Edited by rosinna