Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Tomb Raider 2 Group Play

Stellalune

I just finish first level:)

Now what to say about this level,well its not hard,but its not so easy.I think its something between hard and easy.Its harder if you want to get all secrets,GOLDEN secret was harder for me because of T-Rex.

Here are results:

th.159b5fa4ee.jpg

Good work getting all the secrets! I hope I can remember where they are; it's been a while since I've played TR2. I'll be starting the game tomorrow night.

Shrensh! Awesome! I'm so glad you're still here. Sorry I've been away so long. And it's great to see everybody else too. :D

Yep, still around. It's great to see you here again, and thanks for the great idea of another Tomb Raider group play.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! So many old and new friends! This is great! :D

I just got my TR2 game running. I recently got a new laptop with Windows 7 (64-bit) and wasn't sure how the install would go, but it was pretty quick. I installed from the CD then used the TR multi-patch from tombraiderchronicles.com. (There are XP and Vista versions as well.) After applying the patch, the game ran perfectly.

I have a wide screen now, so it looks a little weird with the game all squashed in the middle of a black screen, but that looks better than stretching the picture out or playing in windowed mode. Being able to see all the icons on the desktop is too distracting.

Also, no numeric pad on the laptop, so I had to reassign the look button from Num Pad 0 to something else. Now I just need to get used to the old controls. I've been playing the Crystal Dynamics games with an Xbox-style controller, so I'll have to retrain my brain.

Got the silver dragon on the high ledge in the starting area and then immediately stepped off like an idiot. :wacko:

Just loading up Tomb Raider 2 for the PS1 and once its all loaded I will be ey-ok and ready to role ;D

Cant wait to get dug in never got past level 4 before with Tomb Raider 2 so this should be interesting lol

Just wont to add that I think this is a brilliant idea and I love the fact that we can all help each other out and follow one another on this simple little blog :)

Good luck every1 xxx

Edited by Csidepete94

I don't no if you would count Croft Manor as a level but I decided to start of with that as I have been playing Tomb Raider Anniversary lately and wanted to get back in to the TR2 controls. In the maze there is that little underground passage where you find a switch and a room under the stairs in the house opens up however by the time I finally worked my way out the maze and found Croft Manor the door had closed, is there anything of importance in there ? I noticed that there is a door that's locked in Lara's bedroom I was thinking maybe the key is in that hidden room under the stairs!. I don't really wont to be spending all night trying to work my way back and forth of a maze in the tutorial level of the game unless there really is something interesting to be found. Can any body help me out with the best root for the maze or telling me if its worth really going back for another try ?

I all so did the obstacle course in the garden and complete my first go in 01:35.6 and my second attempt in 01:34.4 (wooow a really big difference :P) I am pretty pleased with my time to be honest as it was the first thing I attempted within the level and haven't got back into the controls yet :)

The only let down I really think for this level is that its so plain and there isn't really much to do apart from the assault course and the maze with the assault course becomes rather dull after a few attempts and the maze is just to difficult :/ I think they could have added alot more to get playes use to the controls and more interesting places to explore when you think how big croft manor is men't to be built on

On to the great wall of China now :)

Oh, yeah. I forgot about the secret room in the manor! Well, not forgot really, more like overlooked in my eagerness to climb the Great Wall. ;)

Lara's treasure room (the reward for the timed run through the hedge maze) is fun but not spectactular. Just something do do so you can say you did it.

I think I need to redo the maze map and parts of the manor walkthrough. No offense to the player who made the original one, but I think it could use a little more detail. Maybe a project for tomorrow, though. I'm beat!

This game is seriously freaking me out I'm still only on the first level hehe :P I think its because I am near the gold dragon and I no that there are them T-Rex's waiting and there not something I really wont to be on the wrong side off lol.

This game creates a wonderful atmosphere that draws you in but yet has you on the edge of you seat waiting for the next enemy to face which I think is a brilliant mix and something not often seen in today's Tomb Raider games which I miss :/.

I'm determined to get this game done I have all ways chickened out when it turns freaky and ended up turning of the console :@. This site really inspires me to carry on and catch up with other players that are in front of me lol :)

I hope everyone's having more luck then what I am :P xxx

I just got my TR2 game running. I recently got a new laptop with Windows 7 (64-bit) and wasn't sure how the install would go, but it was pretty quick. I installed from the CD then used the TR multi-patch from tombraiderchronicles.com. (There are XP and Vista versions as well.) After applying the patch, the game ran perfectly.

I installed mine on my Windows 7 64-bit machine from the original installation CD and that worked just fine without having to patch anything.

Since I'm playing on a 22 inch wide screen monitor I used the Setup from the game and told it to run in 1920x1080 mode.

The game looks great in full screen :-)

Edited by Edmoor

Venice level complete:)

My results:

th.2c06c52835.jpg

This picture is small,I know,just click on it and wait for 5 sec and large image will be here:)

Now I will tell something about Venice level:

Well its my favorite level in Tomb Raider 2,it looks so amazing.Its also harder than first level,but I made it without using any medpack...those guys here can be very easy and very hard to win.Just don't let them to shoot at you,go around them and shoot them and they won't be able to shoot at you,that is my strategy guys.Se ya......I will post my next results today :)

If some of you guys have difficulty to get to Lara's secret room,I made one video only for you guys :rolleyes:

Link is below.I hope it will be helpful:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aidzKhQ5qMI

Oh you've already started playing!! :o Well, I just need to catch up you guys later. :D Good luck everyone, and I just hope I don't get immediatly stuck when I start playing!

Thanks for this idea, Stella! It gave me the incentive to test the classic TRs on CrossOver Games 9.0.0 (I'm one of the "Advocates" for TR1-6 on CrossOver Games, so if anyone else is running classic TR under CrossOver Games for Mac, and need some help, give me a shout).

Install worked perfectly so now I just have to prove that it works all the way… :-)

Let's raid!

Edited by Paul Reinerfelt

I installed mine on my Windows 7 64-bit machine from the original installation CD and that worked just fine without having to patch anything.

I got an error when trying to run the game without the patch. I forgot what it said exactly, but the game wouldn't even start. I'm not sure why that would be true for me but not you, but I guess I'd suggest to other people to try the basic installation. Then if it won't run, try the patch.

Thanks for this idea, Stella! It gave me the incentive to test the classic TRs on CrossOver Games 9.0.0.

That's so cool! I've never heard of CrossOver games, but not owning a Mac, I just haven't had a need for it. Keep us posted. It'll be great to offer Mac raiders another option. :D

Venice level complete:)

My results:

th.2c06c52835.jpg

Excellent! Again no health packs! :D

So what did you think? Did you find anything new or interesting? For me it's been so long since I last played the game, I'm sure I'll have forgotten a lot and have to look at the walkthrough. :blink:

Edited by Stellalune
Just realized you could use MultiQuote. ;)

Bartoli's Hideout complete.....wow guys this is my first time that I finish this level without any medpack:)

Now Opera House one really challenging one.

I just need to tell one thing for this level.....DON'T FORGET TO PICK UZIS.....:)....:)

Here are results:

th.60c50bbb9a.jpg

I got an error when trying to run the game without the patch. I forgot what it said exactly, but the game wouldn't even start. I'm not sure why that would be true for me but not you, but I guess I'd suggest to other people to try the basic installation. Then if it won't run, try the patch.

That's so cool! I've never heard of CrossOver games, but not owning a Mac, I just haven't had a need for it. Keep us posted. It'll be great to offer Mac raiders another option. :D

Excellent! Again no health packs! :D

So what did you think? Did you find anything new or interesting? For me it's been so long since I last played the game, I'm sure I'll have forgotten a lot and have to look at the walkthrough. :blink:

Hi Stella,well everything is like in your walk:)

There is nothing new....you are best you didn't miss anything when you start writing walktrought for Tomb Raider 2......Happy raiding!

Hi Stella,well everything is like in your walk:)

There is nothing new....you are best you didn't miss anything when you start writing walktrought for Tomb Raider 2......Happy raiding!

Thanks, Eldin. :) I have a file of about 150 emails with suggestions other players have sent in over the past couple of years. Some are duplicates. Some are just bugs/glitches experienced by only one person. So I probably won't end up incorporating all of them in the walkthrough, but I'll post anything really interesting here and you guys can help me test things if you want to.

Is it my imagination, or does it take way too many bullets to kill those damn spiders? They're spiders! I think I use more ammo killing them than I do tigers! Of course, I have heard that insects in other countries are bigger and meaner than they are in the States--an Australian on my literature forum showed us some pictures of spiders that were big enough to chase humans with wadded up newspapers. Still, I'm beginning to wonder if Lara is as good of a shot as we have been lead to believe. I think Eidos needs to add a can of insect repellant to her arsenal.

I just started the game--though it seems I've already fallen behind. Last time, I couldn't get pass the Venice level with the timed boat ride. However, I am a little better of a player, so I am hoping I can beat it this time.

TR2 didn't grab my attention like some of the other games. I think, the first time I played it, just as I was getting into it, I got stuck...which was tragic. The beginning is amusing. "Okay, I'm obviously older--but you go on ahead and stick the sword into that thingy over there...and if you get vaporized, I'll have plenty of time to high-tail out of here. That is how I got this old to begin with...though I have lost a lot of people this way."

I played Croft Manor to get accustomed to anything new. I didn't realize I could sidestep in TR1 until I reviewed the moves again. What I do love about TR2, though, is that I can save any time I want! No more save crystals! I often don't try optional challenges in TR1 because just getting through the game to the next save crystal is tiring enough. I much prefer being able to save when I want. And save crystals are rarely placed practically. Often, you come across two or three close together--and then there is a huge part you have to play until you get to another.

LOL--and Winston does suffer from flatulence. I remember reading that on a Facebook site, and I didn't recall that. I remember Winston being very old, but then I heard the extra sounds last night while playing. Poor Winston!

Is it my imagination, or does it take way too many bullets to kill those damn spiders?

I was thinking the same thing :lol: It seems like overkill to use guns to kill spiders, but man are those some tough spiders.

I've finished The Great Wall B) My stats:

Tomb22010-07-1608-02-15-45.jpg

I was trying to get some action shots, and got this one with Lara's ponytail detaching from her head:

Tomb22010-07-1522-23-10-28.jpg

Yeah, I'm going to be jumping off pretty much every high place I can find...

Tomb22010-07-1607-53-41-18.jpg

Also,

I'm off to start on Venice now :D

Oh yes,one of hardest levels in Tomb Raider 2 for me is finish"Opera House"........

I saved more than 35 times in this level :blink:,but I made it without any medpack.....

Guys this level is hard,really hard,full of enemy's and traps.Good luck to everybody in this level.Now I am at Offshore Rig and I don't have my weapons so long to everything that I found in past levels:(

Here are results:

th.207231d39a.jpg

I was thinking the same thing :lol: It seems like overkill to use guns to kill spiders, but man are those some tough spiders.

I've finished The Great Wall B) My stats:

Tomb22010-07-1608-02-15-45.jpg

I was trying to get some action shots, and got this one with Lara's ponytail detaching from her head:

Tomb22010-07-1522-23-10-28.jpg

Yeah, I'm going to be jumping off pretty much every high place I can find...

Tomb22010-07-1607-53-41-18.jpg

Also,

I'm off to start on Venice now :D

Nice start :D

Good luck in Venice!

Thanks! I had to use half a medipack because I am rubbish at negotiating the gauntlet of death bit without getting mangled by all the traps. It's a rather mean thing to put in the first level...

I'm on Venice at the moment, not doing too badly, gotten two of the secrets. I think I remember where the third is, but I'm not entirely sure :unsure:

Stella,

I tried to enter a photo in my profile but it failed and said: The upload failed. Please notify an administrator. :(

BTW, I'm in Venice now :-)

Edited by Edmoor

Thanks! I had to use half a medipack because I am rubbish at negotiating the gauntlet of death bit without getting mangled by all the traps. It's a rather mean thing to put in the first level...

I'm on Venice at the moment, not doing too badly, gotten two of the secrets. I think I remember where the third is, but I'm not entirely sure :unsure:

Tell me maybe I can help,you found first two,that is silver and golden one???

Green one is not hard to found,there are windows from all sides and there is green one...you can get with boat there.Good luck!

Stella,

I tried to enter a photo in my profile but it failed and said: The upload failed. Please notify an administrator. :(

I know there's a file size limit. Is your photo too big? I'm just an honorary moderator here, so I'm not sure how everything works. Maybe one of the real mods could help.