Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Tomb Raider 2 Group Play

Stellalune

@Rosinna--I know we like to think Lara is invulnerable...but I'm not sure if she couldn't have someone sneak up on her. I know people that are the closest thing to a real Lara Croft, and what I have found is that they are people who...well, it is like the old saying, "They concentrate on a few tracks but they miss the buffalo run." What that means is that they focus on one aspect, and they sometimes miss something big. In any case, she needs to be a little invulnerable--otherwise, the game wouldn't be so much fun. And think how heartbroken CaityFM would be if Lara couldn't die in the acid pools, get cut in half, etc. :lol: As for the carpet, if you don't know any dumpster divers--well, you won't believe some of the junk they do think is treasure. My neighbor showed my mom his "new" sofa that he got from someone's swail. It did actually look pretty good--and it was an expensive sofa. He couldn't believe someone had thrown it out. However, it became very obvious to my mother why they had--there was a very strong poop smell. The sofa had been re-upholstered, but apparently they hadn't changed the cushions.

@CaityFM--I'm not usually into snuff Tombraider, but do you happen to have pictures of Lara being cut in half by the saw? Did she really get cut into two pieces? (if I missed them, sorry--sometimes this page thingy jumps on me)

@JD_Zen--you were able to play this game at six or seven years old? Uh! Now I know how my mom felt. When I was a baby, she bought me these developmental puzzle toys for infants (you know, the box that had blocks--and you were supposed to put the block into a hole that was the same shape). According to the box, I put in the blocks very quickly and was a genius. My mom tried to do it, and the amount of time it took her--the box told her to see a doctor, because her child is retarded. I'm 35, and I have a hard time with Tombraider games--and there are six year olds that can do them.

@Shrensh--cool video! I love the explosion!

Today I finished The Wreck of the Maria Doria. I was glad to progress in TR2 because I had been looking forward to exploring a sunken ship. Today, I wasn't p***ed off, so I was able to enjoy it more--and this level is more scenic.

:angry2: I forgot that harpoons can be shot out of the water too. The scuba diver got me when he surfaced, when I climbed onto the ledge to shoot him. Some Captain Ahmed I'd make!

I really liked the upside down swimming pool. I wanted to go through the windows. I forgot I couldn't crouch, and wound up using yet another flare. I realized that when I get back to level building, it would be neat to build a level where Lara explores the Titanic. I wonder if someone has already done it? Of course, Lara really couldn't explore the Titanic because the water pressure would kill her--but we have to take a certain amount of artistic license. After all, I don't know if Lara could really do those amazing jumps if she were weighed down with D-cup endowments like she is in some games. There is even a legend that the Titanic was carrying a cursed mummy case, so that could be a very good idea.

In the Ballroom--I thought I'd mention that one of the three thugs comes out of the passage that you came from.

That was the grungiest restroom I had ever seen! It was nasty! Even the sewers in AOD were cleaner! And where were the toilets? That might explain why the restroom was so filthy. The Titanic cut costs by only putting only half of the lifeboats they would need for the amount of people they carried, the Maria Doria did without toilets. The crew and passengers could pee in the pool!

What is it with the heavy breathing? Footsteps worked very well for me in notifying of an enemy ahead. The breathing really creeps me out! People are going to think I'm playing a sex game.

It did inspire me to create a rap. Want to hear it?

Hello, my name is Lara,

I'm going to have to bid you sayonara!

I'm the last person you've seen-ah,

all because you're too fond of that funky cold Medina!

Eat your heart out, Eminem!

Why is it, when you make a mistake that is irreversible, you are more likely to hit save instead of load? This happened to me when I played TR5. I was at the very end--and I messed up on the shooting range. I meant to load, but I saved instead. :angry2: Fortunately, I caught myself in time in TR2.

With the timed trap doors, I realized that (1) I was taking the longest way to get there, and (2) I could re-activate it by standing on the square where the circuit had been.

I got creeped out in the burner room, because Lara didn't have any health on her bar. She was still walking around, though. I didn't want to save because I thought it was a glitch, and I was trying to figure out whether I should use a health pack. While I was thinking, the wrench guy killed me.

I love the dramatic music! I keep expecting to see Captain Nemo or a giant squid. Of course, I'm glad there is no giant squid. Those stinky sharks are troublesome enough!

When I was getting the key outside of the ship, I kept screaming at Lara, "They're coming! Hurry! They're coming! They're coming!". I had died so many times. I finally gave up trying to kill the sharks and barracudas and tried to outswim them. I finally succeeded...and then I realized I had to go back out there to get the third secret. I may not have bothered, but you got extra grenades--and I heard that grenades are going to be useful at the end. So I died more times until I finally succeeded--screaming at Lara when she got cornered, when she swam too slow, and when she lost the opening. If my neighbors can hear me--I wonder what they think is happening...between my screaming and the heavy panting of the baddies.

So next is Living Quarters.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got past that bad save, finally! but not in the way you'd think;

post-8374-040865800 1280092423_thumb.jpg

are you thinking, "wtf?" I discovered the skip level cheat code: Sidestep Left, right, then left;

hold walk then go back a step, then forward a step;

turn around 3 times;

jump and immediately hold roll. (then say "there's no place like home" :lol: )

TA-DA!

Living Quarters, away!

(PS why is there STILL guys on that old sunken ship..they should of died by now. there shant' be much oxygen either, with all those mofos around. I love this game.)

@mute2conversations she don't really get cut in half, she kinda just flies through the saw and lands with her feet sticking out the bottom of the machine.. :D lol! it'd be pretty cool if she did get cut in half though.. -_- yes. the breathing scares me. and the perverted monk. he is scary also. the rap is off the chain, fo shizzle!

Edited by CaityFM

Hey raiders! It seems like everyone is having a blast (and even some are finishing up!!!) I went through my first Tomb Raider Withdrawl, a time frame covering two days where I couldn't play or read the forum. YIKES! I, as the FACEBOOK group says, "jumped out of my bed like a ninja" when I could to play some Tomb Raider as soon as it was possible this morning...sorry for that. I performed this summer in a local theatre company's musical production of the Wizard of Oz. The past three days were our first three performances which last about seven hours each (from getting there to waiting an hour for the show to start and then driving another hour home). To put it bluntly: I've been pooped.

So this morning I got up and began to play TR2. I'm on Barkhang Monastary, an impossible level for me. Or, an impossible level for those of you who exhausted your flare stock in the previous Maria Doria levels...Yes. I was stuck in an indoor Tomb Raider level with no light source in some rooms. I was almost half-tempted to pull out the unlimited flare cheat. But no...I WILL finish this game fairly (in the state of mind that walkthroughs don't count).

So I'd also like to start talking about the Tibet levels. @STELLA- I get pretty claustrophobic in levels like THE WRECK OF THE MARIA DORIA. I feel I am mroe of an open area Tomb Raider player. I understand Lara likes the tight spaces, but that's one area in which we disagree...especially in the classics. So when I got to TIBETAN FOOTHILLS, I had one of those "breaths of fresh air". And oh what a feeling. This level didn't even require the snowmobile to complete it. I found all of the secrets and I liked a lot of the different rooms in it. Excuse me for calling these rooms as that is how each area is referred to in the Tomb Raider Level Editor. I have some pics below for you of different rooms I saw and simply fell in love with:

IN TIBETAN HOOTHILLS:

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1329.jpg

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1330.jpg

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1332.jpg

This one was my first FLOATING MAN!

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1335.jpg

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1336.jpg

(ABOVE ONE MY FAVORITE)

IN BARKHANG MONASTARY:

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1343.jpg

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1347.jpg

I loved these images a lot...each one had a ton of character and thought put into them...props Eidos!

So Tibetan Foothills. I agree the snowmobile was difficult to drive. I used one of the firearms snowmobiles at the end where you have to battle two vehicles against yourself. I died more times in this level than in any other level...whoops. I'd have to say there were several men with guns that dropped your health bar a lot. The guys were extremely strong and it made me think...were we getting it off easy? I'd imagine if somebody gets shot with ANY gun, they've already got enough damage to prevent them from shooting back at you (assuming you're NOT Lara Croft). So I wonder, maybe the health dropping low with the stronger enemies is mroe realistic being that Lara isn't wearing a bulletproof vest! Anyone else agree?

So here are my stats for that level and THE DECK which I forgot to post:

THE DECK STATS: http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1328.jpg

TIBETAN FOOTHILLS STATS: http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1337.jpg

All in all, I loved this level and was somewhat sad to leave it at the end. Although challenging, it was FUN and had some awesome techno music to boot. QUESTION: I have the PLAYSTATION version of the game. When starting up the game, it goes to a blue screen where you can select to play the game or watch trailers for TIMESPLITTERS and the Dreamworks movie CHICKEN RUN. Just out of curiosity, do you PC players get this screen??? (I find it slightly annoying. I have a Tomb Raider game to play Tomb Raider...not watch trailers for a movie about claustrophobic chickens...)

And onto Barkhang Monastary. Upon my return home from our matinee showing this afternoon, I ate (because I hadn't eaten lunch) and then sat down on our big screen and played the new level. Just a side note, playing a classic Tomb Raider on a big screen has its ups and downs. It's good because...well, Lara's on the big screen! But on the down side the textures get pretty stretched and etchy at some points and I wonder if I wouldn't have more luck playing on my bedroom tv.

The level itself is the most challenging in the game so far (for me at least). I read about others who are fizzing out over Maria Doria levels and I think to myself, "You're complaining!". Well I have some news for you, prepare yourselves...save frequently and stock up on ammo, flares and health packs!!! You really need it in this level.

I had to pull out the walkthrough relatively early in Barkhang. Honestly, the first room. I didn't recognize the black texture opposite the monastary entrance to be a ladder. Oh well. The birds caused me to fall down several times which was quite annoying. And I hated how I would sometimes misfire and shoot one of the monks. Automatically, they're all going T-REX on me and hunting me down with their spears. Like I tried to shoot them...

They proposed another tactical problem. So I have been forced to let them fight it out until they all drop dead, and then I have to finish them off which is hard since they're like those rats everbody assumes are on steroids. They come at you with machine guns and realy tackle your health meter.

Although I did have one awesome Tomb Raider moment. I had climbed a tower to recieve a Prayer Wheel. When I got to the bottom, three goons were waiting for me. I died the first time dropping down to them, bit I had luckily save moments before (still inside the tower). This time I was ready. I pulled out my uzis and dropps through the hole. The camera angle was in such a position that I could see Lara grit her teeth as she fired rapidly while dropping many feet to the ground. It was amazing.

Well. I'm off to continue working on Barkhang. I simply HAD to post tonight! Haha. Well, goodnight all! And raid on!!!

Hi guys,this is my final post until I start Tomb Raider 2 Gold levels.I just finish game and make last sceenshots for everyone here.I hope you will enjoy :D

First my results from Floating Islands:

ce0da5a170.jpg

There is Bartoli transforming into Dragon

a6eafc9734.jpg

Bartoli as dragon:

567f2595b3.jpg

Lara is at home ready to take some rest:

ac97be499e.jpg

What the...who are those guys now,Bartoli is dead,maybe his evil brother or sister ^_^

8130231690.jpg

And here are my final final results:

addb86428f.jpg

I must tell you guys that I enjoyed Tomb Raider 2 immensely this time,this is my first time that I found all secrets in the game.It was really fun to play with all of you guys.But I'll be back soon and you will see my sceenshots from gold levels as well ^_^

Until that day I wish you luck,everyone makes really good results,special thanks to Stella and her amazing site.I couldn't done without you Stella.Raid on guys!

Edited by EldinSuper

MARIA DORIA TODAY! Yes! (...Lara doesn't really wear pants until AOD....) :mellow:

The TR movie with angelina jolie was on last night...I LOVE THAT MOVIE. nobody can be lara except lara..but angie does a pretty cool job.

Edited by CaityFM

Hello everyone!! So I finished the Offshore Rig yesterday. Here's the stats: http://twitpic.com/28nmky First time actually getting all of the secrets in a level! :D Yay!! Ok on to the playing.

So first of all I have a question about this area right here. And this is the video of what I'm talking about:

There was sound with it put I guess my phone didn't pick up the sound. And sorry for the bad quality. wacko.gif Ok so as the title says, wth?!?!?!! There was obviously NO guys standing on that platform and then when you pick up the secret they just magically appear out of thin air?! I guess it's just another mystery of TR. Or this is something that only happened to me in the game. Did anyone else notice that? Crazy. Anywho...

So I think I'm about half way through the Diving Area now. That's what it's called isn't? Anyways. So I killed my self many times from the top of that huge ladder..... on purpose. And my dad and I tried for about 20 minutes to back flip into that little hole in the wall behind the ladder to find out that you're supposed to come out of there later. Great. So that was a huge waste of time. Then I had my dad kill the flamethrower dude and the 4 (4 really?!?!) dogs after the door because I could not get them for the life of me.

The slider that goes into the vat of toxic waste or whatever it is gave me a lot of trouble. I finally got it but it took a while. Plus did anyone else notice that when you land in the toxic waste, a fire ignites real quick. There's just like a little filt of flame when she hits the waste.

I stopped where there's the 3 guys and the helicopter. I tried just running all the way through to get the card without doing anything, just for the heck of it, and I almost made it. I caught on fire on the second fire thing though. :( And the dudes were coming after me and FLOATING over the hole in the middle. Not fair. They didn't catch on fire either! Maybe they're super human or something.

That's about it. I'll be back later or tomorrow. ;)

Hi, everybody. Wow! Some of you are finished already. Congratulations! I feel sooooo slow. Almost done with the Opera House, but I think I'll need to go back and replay to get all the new screenshots I want. Every time I hear the boulders start to roll, I think of you guys. :D

Had a bit of a setback yesterday. I don't know if my account was hacked or if I just accidentally hit some super-secret self-destruct button, but my YouTube channel totally imploded yesterday, with the result being about half of my videos poof...deleted...gone forever. :(:o:angry2: There aren't really enough emoticons to describe how I feel, but I think Lara here is on the right track:

venice.jpg

Fortunately I had almost everything backed up on DVDs, so I can re-upload. It's just going to take a while, and all the comments are gone. :( Ah well, I guess it's a good lesson. If you have important files, back them up early and often, kiddies.

I must admit I feel slow too: I'm just starting Offshore Rig. Apparently those guys don't want me shooting them, since they took my guns away <_< And my computer played few tricks on me, the whole screen went black and I couldn't play TR for a little while! Today I'll however go after those guys to get my guns back! ;) I can't wait to play this game!! And I didn't remember write down statistics... But I do remember that I found all the treasures, however I must give some credit to you, Stella: I got stuck (again) and went to read your walkthrough, read it and it mentioned also about the Gold treasure. So I'm not sure would I have found it without your help.. ^_^ Want to know where I was stuck? In Opera House I tried to put the Relay Box in place of circuit board! I never noticed that the Relay box was missing from the circuity, I actually thought it was just a weird painting :rolleyes: (ha ha I'm such a genious)

Anyway congratulations you who are moving to the Gold levels! And Stella, you've got all my sympathy. Nice picture of Lara however :lol:

I can't believe I didn't get Maria Doria done with yesterday. :angry: I laid down for a minute and woke up 3 hours later, so I said "heck with it." but this is my last day before vacation so I might get it done, and I might not. who knows. hope so, though. (Is anyone else obsessed with owl city? ^_^ )

Hi, everybody. Wow! Some of you are finished already. Congratulations! I feel sooooo slow. Almost done with the Opera House, but I think I'll need to go back and replay to get all the new screenshots I want. Every time I hear the boulders start to roll, I think of you guys. :D

Had a bit of a setback yesterday. I don't know if my account was hacked or if I just accidentally hit some super-secret self-destruct button, but my YouTube channel totally imploded yesterday, with the result being about half of my videos poof...deleted...gone forever. :(:o:angry2: There aren't really enough emoticons to describe how I feel, but I think Lara here is on the right track:

venice.jpg

Fortunately I had almost everything backed up on DVDs, so I can re-upload. It's just going to take a while, and all the comments are gone. :( Ah well, I guess it's a good lesson. If you have important files, back them up early and often, kiddies.

Hi Stella,

Can I suggest you make a list of the screenshots/vídeos you need and some of our members can help you getting them again? I can think of a couple of members that love getting screenshots and vídeos and would love to help.. don't know.. what do you guys think? (you could start a thread with that purpose)..

Just a thought ;)

Well done for those that finished! I had started Anniversary a couple of months ago and stopped because I was too busy with work. Going to finish that now! I'm officially on holidays :D

BPanther

That sucks, sorry about that, Stella :( Yeah, if there's any help you need, just shout.

I got done with Barkhang Monastery last night, but a bit too late to do an update. I only found one secret. Oh well... My stats:

th_Tomb22010-07-2621-46-18-35.jpg?t=1280254320

Them monks are very useful, but can be quite mean if you shoot them accidentally...

th_Tomb22010-07-2519-53-18-94.jpg?t=1280254320

For goodness sake, who puts stupid rolling cutty things in a monastery?!

th_Tomb22010-07-2620-03-24-43.jpg?t=1280254320

Monks are immune to stupid rolling cutty things.

th_Tomb22010-07-2620-04-04-01.jpg?t=1280254320

Oh look! Flares!

th_Tomb22010-07-2620-13-21-64.jpg?t=1280254320

ARGH!

th_Tomb22010-07-2620-13-24-78.jpg?t=1280254320

:(

th_Tomb22010-07-2620-13-27-21.jpg?t=1280254320

Well, I got all the way up here but I didn't have the thingy to put in the slot, so there's only one thing for it...

th_Tomb22010-07-2620-24-45-10.jpg?t=1280254320

Wheeeeee!

th_Tomb22010-07-2620-24-50-14.jpg?t=1280254320

Crunch!

th_Tomb22010-07-2620-24-56-43.jpg?t=1280254320

For goodness sake, who puts stupid slicey sword things in a monastery?!

th_Tomb22010-07-2620-27-06-07.jpg?t=1280254320

Dive! (there's water below, for a change).

th_Tomb22010-07-2620-51-36-85.jpg?t=1280254320

For goodness sake, who puts stupid choppy door things in a monastery?!

th_Tomb22010-07-2621-34-53-93.jpg?t=1280254320

Bonus action shots!

th_Tomb22010-07-2621-39-47-15.jpg?t=1280254320 th_Tomb22010-07-2620-07-24-65.jpg?t=1280254320 th_Tomb22010-07-2620-07-00-92.jpg?t=1280254320

I think I may have annoyed these monks... good thing they can't climb ladders.

Hey everyone! wow I got a lot to talk about, I finished Maria Doria today.

@shrensh I love your screenshots, and your video! the video is funny, it looks like the monks are fighting over who gets to climb the ladders first. :lol:

There's a lot of things about Maria Doria, and I mean TONS of stuff, that's noteable:

first of all, I've had just about enough of the underwater levels. They annoy me.

AND why weren't the other underwater levels called "wreck of the maria doria" also? was I not exploring the same ship ever since I got stuck in that dang place? <_<

This entire level made me think too much about the Titanic. (mostly the movie) I'm one of those people that'll cry no matter how many millions of billions of times they watch that movie. So I was pretty sad about going through the level thinking I might see ghosts dancing in the ballroom. :blink:

It was also VERY CONFUSING. :mellow:-_-

The general fact that the place was upside-down was creepy. I mean, CREEPY CREEPY. I'd look at something like, "what the heck is that?" and then I'd be like "oh. yeah. its upside down." like the ballroom for example! look at it upside-down and its very beautiful. again with the ghost dancers. :o The wheel in the cabin-y thing was kinda weird too, if you know what I mean. And the diving board, I didn't realize it was even up there until the very last. "ohhhhh!!! ITS A DIVING BOARD!" (ALSO: I had many screenshots but I accidently deleted all of them but one. :angry: )

1)I HATED THE WAY THE SCUBA DIVERS BREATHED REALLY HEAVY. WEIRDOS. :wacko:

now for more specific OBS:

100_1363.jpg

POOL: well at least the chairs are normal sized.

2)I hated the silence. and random bouts of creepy music. :blink:

3)EW. That restroom is NASTY. like in a zombie movie where everything is overturned and therea a zombie or a body or something. :huh: I hated being barefoot in there. and there's tables..but no toilets?

4)Which brings me to the fact that there's no skeletons. SOMEBODY had to of died, just statisticaly. and if the wreck is old enough for there to not be skeletons, how come there's a bajillion goons down there? how'd they live? why are they still living? (well not anymore) what did they eat? face it, it just wasn't a true shipwreck until lara visited. -_-

5) speaking of goons, I think I know why the bathroom is so dirty. :blink: they had to go somewhere right? I saw a goon that I hadn't seen before. like a new design. I had a picture but I accidently deleted it. :angry: well goony; welcome to the party! *boom*

6)after you turn off burners, wouldn't the floor be hot still? and lara stepped on it barefoot?

7)those flickering lights freaked me out.. :o

8)the cabin/captain place with the wheel made me sad for some reason..

9)The sharks ate me like 5 times.

CONCLUSION: so after all that, I actually liked that level. then again I love sad/scary movies. so now that I felt part of one, I'm a happy (and slightly freaked out) camper!

(and OF COURSE I made lara die on glass shards various ways, multiple times. :D )

@Helion555--I also am playing TR2 on PS2. There must be different versions of the game. My TR2 doesn't have any demos or movie trailers. However, my TR1 does have a demo for TR2 (beginning Venice level) and a demo for some other video game. I can't read the name, but it is some stupid ninja fighting game.

@CaityFM--(1) Which movie did you see? There are two TR movies with Angelina Jolie. The second one The Cradle of Life is my favorite. I like the first one, but I get creeped out when I see Angelina Jolie and her dad together. Actually, Jon Voight kinda creeps me out anyway on his own. But the two together give me the boo-boo-jeebies. Angelina Jolie was a good Lara Croft. I've heard rumors of a third movie, and supposedly I've heard Megan Fox may play Lara. I guess Angie may be getting too old. I don't know how I feel about Megan Fox, though I suppose she looks the part. I don't make judgments after I was wrong about Tom Cruise playing the vampire Lestat--which he did very well. (2) I think the goons that are walking around the Maria Doria are supposed to be Bartoli's people, not the crew. There may be no skeletons because maybe the crew got off in time. Of course, they don't find skeletons with the Titanic either. They used to see a lot of shoes in the hallways and on the sea floor. They were wondering what was up with all that--and then they realized that the shoes were all that were left of the bodies. As for Lara being able to step on hot surfaces, maybe she learned how to be a coal walker. It seems like something she would learn to do.

@Stella--bummer! :( By chance, do you have more than one account on YouTube? Does your husband or son use your computer and also have a YouTube account? My mother had several YouTube accounts. One day, YouTube just deleted one with no warning. She had over two hundred videos on it. She had two other accounts, though--and I use the same computer, and I have an account. YouTube frequently erases my videos too. It always seems when I add one, I lose one. Some things are just impossible to keep, I suppose because of copyright issues. Since TR games are from Britain and are copyrighted, I wonder if that is why they would go after yours? It may not be your fault or a hacker.

@Shrensh--honestly, did Lara really accidentally shoot those monks? ;)

I finished Living Quarters today. I got confused a lot in this level.

First, at the beginning, I had a problem finding the lever. It was harder to control Lara in the current. In the engine room, when I killed the baddy, his body disappeared into the ducks running along the floor and I couldn't get the medipack. :angry2: I also accidentally used another flare trying to sidestep. :angry: I could hear the bad guys, but I couldn't see them.

In the Burner room, all three thugs and the barrels came at the same time. Needless to say, I died. The one thug came early--he was supposed to wait.

I really wished we could have seen the pistons move. That was my favorite part in the Titanic movie--when Titanic leaves, and they start the engines, and you see the pistons going up and down...that was so awesome! I'm more into machinery than I am into romance. :P

My version of the game didn't have the first movable block in the Hallways with the Movable Blocks.

After pulling the switch that floods the burner room, I couldn't figure out how to get down. I chose the wrong way the first time and died.

I got confused at the sea bottom part of where to go after pulling the lever (and I couldn't avoid the eel chomping on me :angry: ). The only good news is that it was easier to kill the scuba diver with the harpoon gun, and I could prevent drowning by surfacing in the room that a ladder lead to in the burner room. When I found the opening, I had a hard time getting into it.

I loved the Passenger Areas of the level. They were really spooky. I did expect to meet a ghost. I loved looking out the window at the Jade Dragon, and this is when I wish I was playing the computer version of the game so I could take a screenshot.

Is it overkill to use an M-16 on an eel? :lol:

I suspect that the gold sofas, along with the carpet at the Opera, were salvaged from someone's garbage heaps...probably the same person seeing their garish tastes. Can you imagine the gold sofas with the Opera carpet? :wacko: Who would have the bad taste to put those two together, do you think? Maybe it was Stevie Wonder's interior designer, who was trying to get rid of designs, thinking, "He won't know the difference!"

In the theater, all three of my baddies were in the balcony seat. One did crawl out to meet me on the floor, unlike his two buddies--but they were all three there originally.

At the very end, after pulling the switch to part the curtain on stage and climbing through the hole, I said to Lara, "I think you need a flare." Just then, Lara fell into the pit and got impaled on broken glass. <_<

So, next up is the Deck. I thought that part at the beginning was neat--until I saw flame-thrower guy.

Question:By the way, guys. I failed to notice--are all the rooms upside down? What about the theater? I know they all should be...but I was wondering if the designers were cosistent. That black and white tile and the landing...that seemed right side up? I wish I would have paid more attention, but I was too busy with the game at the time.

@Mute2Conversations the first movie. I kinda like the first one better ^_^ Megan fox is pretty cool, she'd make a good lara. I kind of couldn't imagine them casting anyone else. didn't see no shoes..maybe the wreck is so old that the shoes withered away too ;) eh..that level just made me sad. lol! it would make more sense for the goonthugs to be bartolli's crew. I'm still all creeped out though, I'm gonna dream about upside-down ballrooms now. :huh::rolleyes:

Hello everyone!! I haven't posted in a while but I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm just gonna combine my playing from yesterday and the day before though because I didn't play much yesterday since my mother guilt tripped me into going to the laundromat with her and then we tried on clothes in Khol's for like 2 hours. :D But I finished the Diving Area! Here's the stats: http://twitpic.com/28zkte I found all of the secrets again yay! :) Haha. Ok on with it.....

So first of all (I've been noticing this a lot lately), has anyone noticed that when Lara gets killed in a battle, she stands up/still and then dies. It's like she forgets that her life is gone then remembers that she's supposed to be dead. It's kinda funny actually.

But the Diving Area. I didn't mind it too much. I liked all of the bright colors in that level. All the blues and yellows were very pretty. :) But I'll starts where I left off last time.

So I actually tried doing the fire pit thing the right way this time. It was funny because my dad was saying how hard it was and that it took him like a million tries to get it. Then I tried it and got it the first time. Haha :P

The scuba divers were really making me mad. I got 'em but it took a while. They're persistent little boogers.

At the end there I accidentally jumped down so I got to the movie scene too quickly. But I reloaded and got the secret. Then onto 40 Fathoms.

The very first part took me a couple tries but I got it finally. Then more swimming and jumping. I like these bright blue and orange colors even better.! =D And it's nice to see Lara in a change in wardrobe. ;) I'm one of those people who would rather change her outfit every level but you can't do that.

Side Note: I really want that thing where you can design outfits for Lara. It's only for Legend and Anniversary on the computer, neither of which I have. :(

Anyways, It took me like 20 minutes to find the switch by the door in the area with the burners and the timed doors and stuff. I must have been acting very slow yesterday. Oh well. I stopped in the room after that. I Had to swan dive and kill Lara a couple times in that one area that's really high that I think I'll have to fill with water later.

Be back later.!! =D

Hiya all! Well, firstly I've beaten the game. WHOOHOO! This was the first classic Tomb Raider I played the whole way through.

But...

As I posted during the dawn of this incredible thread, I had a bad copy of the PS1 version (no thanks to my younger brother who thinks games can just LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!) For awhile I had been having startup issues, but got those fixed and everything was running smoothly until the FLOATING ISLANDS level. The room where you have walls of fire on parallel sides of the room and the gap in the floor between each side, I got to the part where you have to jump to the upper room and do your best NOT to fall in the spike pit. ;) Well, everytime I went into that room, my game started going all haywire. At some points invisible blocks would be in my way and at others the game would freeze upon pressing the LOOK button. (L1 for anyone interested ;) ) So I was forced to use level skip which I wasn't very proud of. But according to Stella's Walkthrough, I was already pretty far in the level and nearing the end!

Also, another thing I wasn't proud of and a ntoe to those who are still in the Maria Doria levels: SAVE THOSE STINKIN' FLARES! Tibet was ncie because there were not many places I needed to use flares. but guess what, once I got to TEMPLE OF XIAN, I had to use yet another cheat as, let me tell you this, THIS LEVEL IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONQUER WITHOUT FLARES! SO I used the flare cheat and, thank goodness made it out alright.

The Dragon was difficult as any time I shot him down (Uzis are nice but grenade launchers are better) I always seemed to be on his wrong side and by the time I got over to the other side...well, CHOMP CHOMP...I am dead. I wanted to comment about the game creators on this level. It seems that throughout the game, and this is how I look at it, the creators have set you and Lara "impossible" obstacles and laugh at you every time you are incapable of solving one of these said obstacles. But when it comes to fighting the Dragon, it seems the creators, Lara and yourself are all in it together. They just THREW all the health packs down in the water and THREW down there all of those Uzi clips.

Also, silly Helion555 forgot to take a picture of his ending statistics (didn't feel up to watching the credits roll). So I'll redo HOME SWEET HOME again and get those for ya'!

@STELLA- So sorry about your Youtube Channel. I know how it feels to have technology backfire into your face (you know what I'm talking about ;) ) So you have my understanding. I smiled upon your comment about saving when possible because my mother tells me the same thing all the time.

Well, I won't be playing GOLD (stupid PlayStation). But I'll definitely be here to post. I'd love to see some images so UPLOAD UPLOAD UPLOAD! Speaking of images, my results for FLOATING ISLANDS (not 100% accurate) and DRAGON'S LAIR are below.

And one more note, I played a bit of Tomb Raider 3 today. I never noticed the SECRET at the very beginning of the game (JUNGLE) which holds the SHOTGUN and shells! I was like, HEEEEEEYYYY when I found it by accident (or was it my Tomb Raiding Instinct...?????) I was thinking about it, and this is just a thought, but it seems that with Guardian of Light just around the corner, we might not have much time to do Group Play. So maybe we could do a Guardian fo Light Group Play before Tomb Raider 3? Just a thought. I know I'll be playing both regardless, but I just wanted to deliver a suggestion. ;)

Read up and RAID ON!!!!

:)

I posted this without the image links...WHOOPS!

FLOATING ISLANDS: http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1355.jpg

DRAGON'S LAIR: http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1356.jpg

Also, I took a picture of the Bartoli Goon's license plate. Anyway else notice something easter egg-ish? (CULT1 maybe?) Here's the pic below:

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/Helion555/100_1358.jpg

And again...

READ UP AND RAID ON!!!!

;)

Edited by Helion555

Have just finished "Bartoli's Hideout" in TR2.My question is.Why do the "thugs"(baddies)hide in such strange places eg:rooms with no doors or windows?.How do they get there?,surely not the same way Lara gets there,not with the way they are built. They would not be agile enough to jump and leap the same as Lara.

And those controls!.I'm using a Microsoft joystick,and I keep forgetting that the TR2 control is so antiquated,I had Lara jumping in all directions until I got used to the old way again.Ah the good old days..............not.

@shrensh I love your screenshots, and your video! the video is funny, it looks like the monks are fighting over who gets to climb the ladders first. :lol:

@Shrensh--honestly, did Lara really accidentally shoot those monks? ;)

I'm not saying anything until I talk to my lawyer <_<

I'm done with Catacombs of the Talion. Missed a secret again. Oh well... My stats:

th_Tomb22010-07-2822-32-55-82.jpg?t=1280431646

Nice view... I wonder how many times I'm going to die in here...

th_Tomb22010-07-2721-17-45-12.jpg?t=1280431646

I was running away from some rolling snowballs, when I fell into a spike trap. I was all like “AAARRRGGGHHH” because I thought Lara was dead, but she landed in amongst the spikes and was perfectly fine. Ha!

th_Tomb22010-07-2721-35-52-35.jpg?t=1280431646

I think Lara is responsible for the extinction of an entire species here...

th_Tomb22010-07-2822-19-27-87.jpg?t=1280431646

Lara's ponytail is detaching again.

th_Tomb22010-07-2721-50-39-06.jpg?t=1280431646

Death by yeti!

th_Tomb22010-07-2821-48-57-90.jpg?t=1280431646

Floating Lara corpse :D

th_Tomb22010-07-2721-54-52-25.jpg?t=1280431646

Why does every single animal Lara encounters want to kill her?

th_Tomb22010-07-2822-11-16-29.jpg?t=1280431646

Leopard attack!

th_Tomb22010-07-2822-20-18-06.jpg?t=1280431646

I wonder what will happen if I jump on this thing...

th_Tomb22010-07-2822-21-19-70.jpg?t=1280431646

...yeah, pretty much what I expected...

th_Tomb22010-07-2822-21-27-82.jpg?t=1280431646

Yeti death!

Hi everyone! I am back from the beach!

The sun was really shiny and it felt good to relax. But now it's time to go through TR2 Gold, in a much snowy cold environment. I am not going to start just now, but after some sleep, since I am tired. Hope to post soon. :rolleyes:

Congrats :lol:

I'm stuck at the beginning of the Ice Palace at the moment. I'm in that room with yetis the sproingy platform things and I can't remember what to do. There must be a switch somewhere that I'm failing to see, so guess I'll just run around a bit more and see if I can spot it...

@Shrensh--I can think of two reasons why every animal wants to kill Lara. One is an Ew reason. Reason #1: Maybe Lara just really p****s them off! You know, it is that karma kicking in. How many people and animals has Lara dispatched over the years? They are supposed to get their amnesia shot when they reincarnate, but things are backed up even in the afterlife. Ew Reason: They are attracted to her--and nothing says, "Oh, baby, you touch my ta-la-la," like mauling and biting.

As for that Yeti--isn't he in the World Wrestling Federation?

@Jellie5678--congrats! I'm hoping to actually finish TR1, which I wasn't able to the first time I played it. I'm up to the part where I got stuck on before, the beginning of The Great Pyramid where I have to fight that huge mutant. I'm optimistic. I had such a hard time with that timed run at the end of Atlantis the first time I played it, and this time I got it on my second try.

As for TR2, I just completed The Deck. This is my favorite level so far. It is a good thing that is the case, because I had to retrace my steps twice. I started having a problem understanding Stella's walkthrough around Onto the Overturned Hull. I couldn't picture what she was talking about--or if I could, I was still lost on what to do with it. I went to YouTube and checked out a video walkthrough that helped me...but I still had to retrace my steps twice because I was in the wrong place. (I'm not saying anything is wrong with your walkthrough, Stella--sometimes I just can't picture it, and that may just be me).

I did notice that the ship was right side up on this level. How to explain that? I'm assuming perhaps it did what Titanic did and split in half--and one part landed right side up and the other landed upside down. Actually, I think they showed that. I really had a hard time finding the grenades at the beginning of the level.

:angry::angry2::excl: Gripe to the designers: whose idea was it to put that fall to the raft so high up that Lara loses most of her health? That person should be spanked! Unless they enjoy it--then they should never be spanked again! I lost three medipacks--all my medipacks that I had. I had to use a small medipack before then because one of my fights didn't go well. Then I had to use a large health pack to make the fall--because while my health bar was three quarters full, it was still too low to survive the fall. Then I had to use another large medipack because the fall cost me a good portion of my health, and I didn't think I could face the next onslaught of enemies on such a small amount of health. So that's a bad designer!

In Blue Cave with Stepped Blocks: I found it best to lure the two baddies to the floor. If I killed them as they came down the slope, they died on the slope and I couldn't get the health pack.

In another part of the level, I killed a thug and half of his body disappeared into the floor. It was really creepy! There were just these legs, unless you moved a certain way--then the body came into view. I wish I could take a picture, but I'm on PS2 -_- .

Lara looked pretty beat at the end of the level. Stealing that plane, though, was way cool! That crash was even cooler! I said to Lara, though, "You just wrecked your ride. How you going to get home?"

"I'll improvise," she said.

She always seems to. I swear, though, don't let this chick borrow your car or your Blockbusster tape. She can figure out how to break a crowbar, I'm sure.

On the scale of one to ten--one being lame and ten being killer--how cool is it to steal a sea plane? It is definitely cooler than stealing a car. But is it as cool as stealing an ice cream truck? One of those digging construction vehicles? An ambulance? A hearse? A helicopter transporting human organs? :o:o:blink::huh::mellow::angry:

Okay, getting morbid. Get thee back into the dusty regions of my brain, inner sociopath! Well, I'm going to try and defeat the mutant in TR1 and see if I can get past the level that stumped me before. Then it is off to the snowy Tibetan foothills.

I should do my homework now, since I've been fooling around all day--but my inner child needs a nap.

Done with the Ice Palace now! Got all the secrets, although the first one I only got because I peeked at Stella's because I couldn't remember how to get out of the room with the springboards & the yetis.

th_Tomb22010-07-3023-08-14-62.jpg?t=1280585035

Death by springboards!

Tiger ambush :(

th_Tomb22010-07-3022-27-04-45.jpg?t=1280585035

Lara is causing extinctions again

th_Tomb22010-07-3022-28-01-17.jpg?t=1280585035

Oh good, I have to drop into a pitch-black, scary-looking hole... Core are mean..

th_Tomb22010-07-3022-30-58-87.jpg?t=1280585035

Floating snowballs, ha ha ha...

th_Tomb22010-07-3022-45-41-31.jpg?t=1280585035

Run!

th_Tomb22010-07-3022-46-20-04.jpg?t=1280585035

So high up... urgh to jump off rising...

th_Tomb22010-07-3022-53-42-51.jpg?t=1280585035

Geronimo!

th_Tomb22010-07-3022-54-01-59.jpg?t=1280585035

Crunch!

th_Tomb22010-07-3022-54-11-01.jpg?t=1280585035

The giant parrot boss was surprisingly easy to beat...

Hey guys! Looks like you're all still having LOADS of fun as I look forward to reading your posts each day :)

@Shrensh- I do believe the boss in CATACOMBS OF THE TALION was MUCH more intimidating than how easy he was to beat (that make sense???) I can remember when I played Tomb Raider II as a kid (as I'm only fifteen now) and being deathly afraid of those levels. I HATED the sounds those yeti guys make and they absolutely scared me even though I had always applied the Unlimited Ammo Cheat and had a basically INFINITE supply of health...but they were still scary. And the springboards were quite enjoyable too! I liked figuring out that you needed to shoot the bells (of course after FINDING them) just because it was cool. ALthough for those familiar with the first Tomb Raider movie (Triangle of Light) did she not have to ring a bell to enter an icy tomb also?!?!? Looks like Hollywood had run out of ideas.

Keep up the good work everyone! Cannot wait to see posts from Tomb Raider II GOLD!!!

;)