Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

SEARCH LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME

Aaaarghhhh.. Last level serious bug - "death loop"

Cris and I had a bit of a marathon session on this today and finally got up to Xolotl's Stronghold... We're valiantly battling away with him over the field of spikes, but we've got a big problem which is that every time we both die (which is quiet frequent, given the amount of spikes), the game shows the usual loading screen, then respawns us, and we both die instantly - it's as if we've been respawned onto spikes even though there aren't any. The game then gets stuck in a loop of reloading and then killing us instantly, and it all happens so quickly that we can't even quit back to the main menu. The only option is to alt+F4 back to the desktop, load up the game, and start the level from the beginning. This is a bit of a nightmare to do, considering we die fairly regularly! The only alternative is to try and beat the boss without us both dying at any point, which is quite a big ask too!! Has anyone else come across this bug? we've loved playing this game and it's frustrating not being able to finish it for such an annoying reason...

Have had a look on google but found nothing yet..

This happened to me too. Strangely enough, running Fraps and setting it to record a video while the game's reloading stops Lara from dying, at least for me (pressing the record hotkey just as Lara's dying, so it's recording as it's reloading). I know this because I tried many times to get video of Lara continuously dying on reload to upload to YouTube because I thought it was funny, but it didn't work <_<

EDIT: After some experimenting, pressing roll or jump while the game is reloading will sometimes stop Lara from dying, but not always. Minimising the game while it's reloading with alt+tab or the Windows key, then maximising it again, seems stop Lara from dying every time, and it's a much simpler solution than having to run Fraps all the time.

Edited by Shrensh

Shrensh, you're a genius! The Alt+Tab solution worked a charm. Have no idea why, but all that matters is it worked! we've finally been able to foil Xolotl's evil plans for world domination :lol:

Hope they fix this in a patch mind you, would be a pain if it happened during online co-op

Excellent :lol: Yeah, I hope they fix it too. It's fairly annoying if you know how to get around it, but painfully frustrating if you don't. I don't know what console players can do if they get the bug besides restart the level, or hope that mashing jump and roll enough will stop Lara from dying.