Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Tomb Raider 9 Revealed

Laraman

Actually genuinely excited!

Will be finally good to see Lara survive on her wits, and not her guns! I'm hoping she's quite brutal in this one, too. You'd have to be to survive alone in the wilderness, though I hope CD don't go down the root of find food, build fire. That's not a TR game.

Just the cover so far, so basically Lara's new concept, and the rumours going around last year are now confirmed to be true.

More is to be revealed tomorrow, and some days after that I assume.

In addition, they've updated the main website, tombraider.com

Meh... "a reboot".. that last resort of writers who don't know what to do next? Whilst I'm looking forward to playing a new game, I can't say I'm thrilled from the description. I'm actually excited about the "Lara Croft and the.." series at the moment.

The Official Doc I got in the email today from Eidos.

LONDON (December 6, 2010) – Square Enix Ltd. is excited today to announce TOMB RAIDER®, the new game from Redwood City based studio Crystal Dynamics.

‘After a brutal storm destroys the boat she was traveling on,

a frightened young woman is left washed ashore on an unknown beach.

On her own but not alone she has only one goal, to survive.’

Here begins the first adventure for a young and inexperienced Lara Croft in a story which charts the journey of an ordinary woman who finds out just how far she must go in order to stay alive.

“Forget everything you know about TOMB RAIDER, we are exploring things that have never been done before in this game,” said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Studio, Crystal Dynamics. “This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other.”

For more information on TOMB RAIDER please visit www.TombRaider.com or follow TOMB RAIDER on Twitter @TombRaider

What?

didn't they rebooted the franchise already when they ported over to the Playstation 2 and XBox 360 with Tomb Raider Legend and then again with Tomb Raider Underworld on the Playstation 3 and XBox 360?

:blink:

One of the links posted by LaraMan no longer works.

(thanks to VCJ):

65b068109764408.jpg db96b0109764411.jpg 9d8c00109764418.jpg bee312109764425.jpg 0e78de109764430.jpg 35a6ed109764436.jpg

Edited by J7Dadda

What?

didn't they rebooted the franchise already when they ported over to the Playstation 2 and XBox 360 with Tomb Raider Legend and then again with Tomb Raider Underworld on the Playstation 3 and XBox 360?

:blink:

They didn't reboot with Underworld but they rebooted with Legend. It seems more than anything they want a completely fresh start with the entire brand. Her biography has been changed but it's more or less the original biography except for a Himalayan plan crash, it's a ship crash in Japan. Apart from using that as a bio. template it seems they want to start the entire brand again with no baggage from previous eras.

I have a queston, will this game bi related (by the storyline) with the other sequels?

No, as I said previously to J7, this is a new continuity. They could have easily made this after Underworld with Lara on an island needing to survive but with so many people disliking the parent storyline and feeling that CrystalD were beginning to decline in quality, it seems they wanted to forget everything and just start fresh. While I was incredibly annoyed with the Legend reboot, this one doesn't bother me as much because I felt the Lara from that continuity didn't really feel "Lara" as much as she could. This is a fresh start for everything including gameplay too. The gameplay has turned to Open-World Survival Action-Adventure which seems a pretty natural evolution of where Tomb Raider could go.

Safe to say I'm very excited about this :P.

I dunno, I'm quite excited for this.

A reboot wasn't necessarily what this series needed, but it definitely needed some changes in its game-play considering it hardly changed from Legend to Underworld. It seems now that while there is still a story involved, CD are more focused on getting some awesome game-play into the series, and creating a Lara that literally survives. She felt a bit too indestructible at times.

Also, there was an 18+ banner that was removed from the main website. Whether that means Tomb Raider is becoming a bit more adult, I don't know, but I wouldn't mind seeing it a bit more mature....plus I miss plunging Lara into spikes and seeing her become impaled rather gorily. Rubber death Lara isn't as fun.

They didn't reboot with Underworld but they rebooted with Legend. It seems more than anything they want a completely fresh start with the entire brand. Her biography has been changed but it's more or less the original biography except for a Himalayan plan crash, it's a ship crash in Japan. Apart from using that as a bio. template it seems they want to start the entire brand again with no baggage from previous eras.

No, as I said previously to J7, this is a new continuity. They could have easily made this after Underworld with Lara on an island needing to survive but with so many people disliking the parent storyline and feeling that CrystalD were beginning to decline in quality, it seems they wanted to forget everything and just start fresh. While I was incredibly annoyed with the Legend reboot, this one doesn't bother me as much because I felt the Lara from that continuity didn't really feel "Lara" as much as she could. This is a fresh start for everything including gameplay too. The gameplay has turned to Open-World Survival Action-Adventure which seems a pretty natural evolution of where Tomb Raider could go.

Safe to say I'm very excited about this :P.

Oh, no. :(

Meh... "a reboot".. that last resort of writers who don't know what to do next? Whilst I'm looking forward to playing a new game, I can't say I'm thrilled from the description. I'm actually excited about the "Lara Croft and the.." series at the moment.

Yeah I agree. It's too soon for me to get excited for this. I just hope they do it right. :)

Edit: An M rating?? YES! Hahaha.

Well supposedly there is a clip of Lara getting crushed by a boulder.

According to a preview I've read (which I now can't find), she has to burn herself to free herself from a trap, too...so yeah, it's looking to be a lot more mature this time around.

And now for a little pic of the girl herself:

tr_reboot.jpg

Source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org

An M-rating? Cool, I hope so B) I'd like a few grizzly death scenes to add to my morbid YouTube channel :lol: I'm not thrilled by changes to the TR storyline, but if the game is good I'll quickly get over it.

Me too. I don't want a new storyline, it will be better making something before Ankogor Wat, but I don't know, maybe the game will be a succes.

I'm buying Game Informer next week when it's out here. I'm liking this new look and story...it's fresh, and more mature.

Yeah, I agree. Much prefer this more mature direction. She raids Tombs, it would be messy and bloody. She faces death every second and the game needs to be a bit more mature to reflect that.

Also, better get prepared for making me a new signature with the new Lara, Morph, when it's released! :P

Thanks, I'm not visting so much GameInformer's site because I always forgot, I read all on Stella's Facebook fan page. :D

The only thing I don't like with this new TR is the changing of the storyline and the new look of Lara, I mena, I wish they made something more like Core.

Edited by Stefy

• 2 weeks later...