Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Tomb Raider 9 Revealed

Laraman

It was said in the pod cast from game informer that CD might not include swimming in this new installment. I hope this isn't the case!

I can't imagine a tomb raider game without swimming. I'm afraid CD is changing TR too much :(

Me too. I don't want a new storyline, it will be better making something before Ankogor Wat, but I don't know, maybe the game will be a succes.

I think all previous storylines have been abandoned. This is a reboot. The only thing "carrying" over is her name and accent (well, I hope).

I don't mind them changing the story (again!). Lara's background history has so many different iterations. Movies, comics, games each one had a different story only sharing the Tomb Raider name and the Lara Croft character. But if CD are changing her too much it could lose the spirit of tomb raider and what Lara Croft stood for. If they're making her this frightened, scared young inexperienced little girl (wearing jewellery and earrings!) That doesn't resemble Lara Croft in any shape or form! ... I want the tomboy Lara! Who rides motorbikes off cliffs and can SWIM!... At the moment it seems to me that CD are only using the Tomb Raider title only! And plonking this very different character entirely in the lead role.