Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Morph

TR Trilogy Coming To PS3

It seems a Tomb Raider collection will be the next HD trilogy to arrive on a Blu-ray disc for PS3. Cheers Amazon!

According to the German arm of the online retailer (via Joystiq), the Tomb Raider Trilogy will be out on March 22 and will include Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Tomb Raider: Underworld on a single Blu-ray.

The typical slew of new features will added, including nice new HD visuals and Trophy support for Legend and Anniversary. It seems the package will also come with bonus content such as a "male and female avatar for PlayStation Home", and a theme for the PS3 XMB.

With previous 'trilogy' revelations from Amazon turning out to be dead accurate (although we're still waiting on the Splinter Cell Trilogy to surface), this is as close to confirmation you'll get before Square makes it official.

Source: CVG

Edited by Morph

I'll probably get this despite having an old-style PS3 that can play PS2 games.

Just easier having 'em all on one disc, plus trophy support, so win!

I wonder if they'll use the 360/PC next-gen Legend with this?

Apparently they're the PS2 versions that have been reworked in HD, taking some textures from the PC and 360 versions where needed. They are also said to be the best looking versions of the games yet, excluding Underworld of course.

Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow will not be included....there's that feeling of disappointment again, lol.

I'm looking forward to legend and anniversary. I was wondering if underworld would have added special content too, beneath the ashes and Lara's shadow would have been an amazing little treat but I wasn't holding my breath for that, its a pity really. I'm still a bit sore from not having it in the first place.

finaly legend on the ps3 yessss but damn no beneath the ashes or laras shadow on underworld then why the hell add it i mean i already have it on ps3 it wouldent make sense band how disgusting that us fans wont ever play those 360 esclusives :( angry2:

i already have it on ps3 it wouldent make sense band how disgusting that us fans wont ever play those 360 esclusives :( angry2:r

I was thinking the same thing, why include Underworld without anything new added to it. Most PS3 fans probably already have it for the PS3 .... Some new outfits (The ones that were only available on xbox 360) at least. But there are other features included on the trilogy pack that I'm pleased with. I can't complain too much... I am excited about it and can't wait for the release!

I was thinking the same thing, why include Underworld without anything new added to it. Most PS3 fans probably already have it for the PS3 .... Some new outfits (The ones that were only available on xbox 360) at least. But there are other features included on the trilogy pack that I'm pleased with. I can't complain too much... I am excited about it and can't wait for the release!

Microsoft paid money for exclusive DLC for the 360. They're legally bound to not give that DLC to any other platform unfortunately.

Still, this is better than nothing. All 3 games on one disc. The 360 won't get that.

Tomb Raider Trilogy HD Collection - March 31st

I've got mine ordered and paid for. It's a good price.

I've just platinumed Legend and Anniversary. Anniversary was done very well in regards to it's HD transformation, Legend, not so much. I also encountered a fair amount of glitches in both, such as textures becoming different colours, almost looking like a build glitch, textures missing making transparent holes and traps not moving, blocking the way forward and having to...take a dive, lol.

I haven't played Underworld on the Trilogy disc because I've platinumed that before already, so I'm not sure if there's anything wrong with that or not. I'd say not since nothings been changed in that.

In the end, it's a must have for any Tomb Raider collection and a nice addition to the PS3 with the added trophy support. Just watch out for those nasty glitches, lol.

whaaat!! no DLC for underworld? :( that sucks but i guess having all the games in 1 disk is a good thing :D