Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Final Fantasy XIII-2

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 has been officially announced by Square Enix, and is due to be released this year...I assume that's just the Japanese release though.

I can't say I'm really excited about this, I liked FFXIII, but it did get quite boring for me. I'd much rather an X-3, lol.

Just saw the trailer. Although I am major confused... *Looks around* What? I don't know who that other guy is or if he has been in another game before but other than that, it looks exciting. I am interested in seeing how the combat is. I really liked the way FF13 pulled it off. The charging bar that is. I don't like REAL turn based rpgs. Also I would like to see if the original combat system from the early FF13 trailers will be introduced.

Thanks again Morph.

• 4 months later...

A new trailer has been shown at E3. It shows off gameplay with Noel and Serah, and a small part with Lightning and Odin.

"Time flows without pause.

In a world where I no longer exist, time is about to change.

Serah, the truth still survives, but only you remember it".

I thought this was intriguing.

"Help me Lightning!"

"Get a hold of yourself! Lightning is dead!"

• 7 months later...

Final Fantasy XIII-2 was released a couple of days ago, and somehow I've managed to clock up around 12 hours on it already. At FFXIII-2's start, the year is 3AF (After the Fall) and follows Lightning's younger sister, Serah, who turned to crystal in the beginning of XIII, and Noel, a young man who says he's from the future and claims that he made a promise to Lightning that he would bring Serah to her, as she asked. So far, I must say I'm quite enjoying this one, it's definately an improvement over XIII, and getting to see a character age, or find out what mark they've made in history as you jump through time is great, and then, you can change the timeline. Combat is slightly improved, there's still the auto battle in there, but you have the option to turn it off. The areas are somewhat larger to explore, but in the end it still feels like you're being pushed down the path you're supposed to. If you're an FF fan, give it a go.

• 1 month later...

DLC is available now for FFXIII-2.

• "Extra Episode: Heads or Tails?" - This DLC gives you control over Sazh, and once his missions are complete he'll be available to the party.
  • Fight in Style - This game pack gives you access to Serah's Summoner's Garb outfit, Noel's Battle Attire outifit and allows you to fight Omega in the Coliseum.
  • Lightning & Lieutenant Amodar - This pack allows you to fight Lightning and Lieutenant Amodar in the coliseum. There is a chance of obtaining their crystals to aid in battle.
  • Seraphic Wing - This is a weapon for Serah. It will heal Serah as she attacks.
  • Genji Bow - This is a weapon for Serah. It will increase her ATB gauge recharge rate.
  • Azrael - This is a weapon for Serah. Increases chain bonuses. Obtained from Chocolina's shop. Note that this weapon is an Xbox 360 exclusive.
  • Catastrophe Blade - This is weapon for Noel. It will increase his ATB gauge recharge rate.
  • Muramasa - This is a weapon for Noel. It will boost chain bonuses.
  • Beachwear - This is a costume for Serah.
  • Spacetime Guardian - This is a costume for Noel.
  • Commander Shepard "FemShep" N7 Armour - This is a costume for Serah.
  • Commander Shepard "MaleShep" N7 Armour - This is a costume for Noel.
  • Colonel Jihl Nabaat - This pack allows you to verse Sanctum Colonel Jihl Nabaat from FFXIII in the coliseum.

Coming Soon:

• Exposure and Defense - This is a costume for Serah.
  • Ezio Auditore - This is a costume for Noel.
  • "Lightning's Story: Requiem of the Goddess" - This is said to "reveal a truth". The DLC should be available mid-May.

Edited by Morph

• 2 weeks later...

New DLC announced:

• Square Enix and BioWare have teamed up to bring Commander Shepard costumes to the Final Fantasy XIII-2 universe. Release is TBA.

EDIT:

Commander Shepard costumes for Noel and Serah are available now.

So, does anyone have thoughts about the ending of FFXIII-2?

I think that Lightning sitting on Etro's Throne at the end signifies the end of an era, Etro's death, but also the beginning of a new one -- only the Goddess can sit on the throne, right? Is that what Serah saw before she died? Apparently Etro knew that she was dying after she saved Lightning and the others from crystal stasis, maybe when Caius "defeated the warrior" Etro gave her power to Lightning knowing that her end was coming. Goddess Lightning anyone?

:lol:

Edited by Morph

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The final DLC packs for FFXIII-2 have been released. They are as follows.

• Lightning: Requiem of the Goddess (Location: Valhalla ??? AF, Available upon Historia Crux opening. Lightning's Story has major ending spoilers though, so be careful!)

1. Conditions for obtaining armoured Lightning's crystal.

Defeat Caius Ballad and Chaos Bahamut while using Lightning at level 6 or 7 and obtain a five star rank in both battles. This will automatically obtain Lightning's crystal. Armoured Lightning is more powerful than XIII Lightning (whose crystal can be captured from battling her in the Coliseum. DLC required) and fights as a Commando (XIII Lightning is a Ravager). She is listed as a divine.

• Snow: Perpetual Battlefield (Location: Coliseum ??? AF, Available upon Historia Crux opening)

• Serah's Outfit - White Mage
  • Noel's Outfit - Black Mage
  • Mog's Outfits - A Wonderous Wardrobe (Contains 16 Costumes for Mog)

Edited by Morph