Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Another difficult one.......for me atleast!

Cliffy

Hey guys, I need help again, lol. I'm at the stage where Lara returns to Ghana for the second time, soley to fight with Amanda. I think I have the details and names right anyway, lol (I know Lara's is right atleast, lol). I think I have the theory in place, it's just the skill I'm lacking in, any ideas? At the moment I'm just aimlessly jumping around firing my big sword thingy. I have nearly killed her before, but eventually end up dead!

Thanx in advance....again.

PS

I've been at this for some time now and feel I'm gonna break something if I don't beat her soon, lol

This is a difficult boss, but can be made fairly easy once you know what to look for.

First things first, at the beginning, when killing all the henchmen, make sure you kill the ones at the turrets first, as they cause Lara the most damage. The best thing to do here aswell, is to make sure that you destroy as much of the scenery as possible before you face Amanda, as it comes in handy. After you've deafeated the Henchmen make sure that your med-kits are full, and try your best to remember where the spare ones are kept, as it too helps later on.

Now with the boss, there is generally a fairly easy method as long as you keep your eye on the boss. Firstly, make sure that you hold the 'fire' button and do not let it go (Unless you need to) throughout this battle.

The best thing to do is to not jump, but to just move left and right, to get a clear shot of the boss. When you see that the boss is about to attack (It makes a movement with it's arms) dodge it with the dodge button (circle on PS2). Keep doing so until it stops attacking. This is when you return to moving left/right while attacking.

Eventually the boss will fall down to the ground. At this point let go of the fire button, and do a combination of roll/forwardflip/jump/forwardflip/jump etc, until you reach the boss (This is because it moves Lara a lot faster than running). When you reach the boss, press the designated button. The boss' health will regenerate and you will have to repeat the process 4 more times.

Now do not forget about the spare health kits as they do come in handy if you have to use one. Keep them topped up for as long as possible.

Also, make sure that the boss is mostly in the middle of the arena, as this way Lara tends to circle it, rather than when it's on the edge (She tends to fall of the ledges this way).

Hope this helps!!

MsC

Thanx guys, that's very helpfull. I actually forgot about the dodge button, lol. I also find it really annoying when you press triangle at the third stage and her health pretty much all disappears......just not enough, lol (I'm sure you all know what I mean!), and then you have to do it the forth time! AAARRRGGGHHHH.

Thanx again, I'll let ya know what happens! :)