Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

cool TR 8 mansion ideas

trfan518

Here are some ideas that i thought of for the TR8 mansion

1. expanded interior...give us more rooms and sections to the inside house

2. give us access to the outside...include a obstacle course with a motorcycle or possibly a horseback riding section...could be pretty cool

3. have a multiplayer online so that you could compete with other TR fans on the obstacle course to fight to see who can get the best time.

4. Give winston the teacups lol...i liked how he followed you around everywhere and he sometimes farted hahahah

ideas? comments?

thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with all of those haha lol... winston... and loved the horse riding facility... lol

i would have to say...

1. Like in Peru in TRL, have a punching dummy to practice moves but have a huge room

2. More reward hiding places... I like the places in legend but most were very easily found

3. Be able to roam the whike house

4. There should be a room like in the TR movie like in the beginning sequence where you can spar

Thats all i can think of for now but will update lol ;)

yup i agree with that as well. Definalty give us more rooms and let us explore outside. The hiding places in trl were too easy they should make them more challenging, i like the idea with the dummy like in peru and im sure lots of people miss locking winston in the freezer too ;D Bring back winston! He must have warmed up hes been standing next to the fireplace for ages! :P

yup i agree with that as well. Definalty give us more rooms and let us explore outside. The hiding places in trl were too easy they should make them more challenging, i like the idea with the dummy like in peru and im sure lots of people miss locking winston in the freezer too ;D Bring back winston! He must have warmed up hes been standing next to the fireplace for ages! :P

deffinetly...great ideas...the two of you have cool ideas...i love the idea about the dummy from peru in the mansion...also i love the sparing idea...great ideas

All ideas are truely great! Maybe add in artifacts to the walls of her house that she has collected over the years. lets see what else? well if any further ideas I will update.

Edited by Purple

I agree with everyone on Lara's Mansion for TR8.

I was thinking what about a level the estate gets invated (again) while she's still home. And what if she has to fight a robot/droid like the movie right in the begining or during the game.

As for civilazations, Mayan was great, but I felt there should be more middevil/ dark age tombs (don't get me for sp or correct me if u like, lol). I liked Japan, it was cool, yet I was thinking where had they never showed her go to? Indonesia would be awsome place for her to explore.

I thought of this cornny idea for a cut scene that she crashes into someones appartment and the fella in there is playing the last tr game, and she takes a quick break to show him how it's really done then splits while he's in shock.

excelent ideas i like the artifacts idea...also i think laras mansion should be an actually level where her mansion gets invaded...that would be interesting...just like the movie...it would have to fit with the story of course...

great ideas

I think all your ideas a really cool.. ;)

I think it'd be cool if the mansion was more like a home, for example having the En suite bathroom and the big kitchen, they could be clever places to hide some of the rewards scattered around the mansion. I liked the riddles Lara came cross in Legend, like the the one with the books in the library, there should be more of them...Better rewards for collecting all the secrets, like unlocking new special weapons and weapon upgrades...I want to get outdoors, I want a race track for the motorcycle and an assault course...also I hope they give back Lara the ability to climb walls like she could in AOD moving up, down, left, right and diagonally so she can have a huge rock climbing wall in her gym, and bring back the monkey bars on those higher ceilings...more metal fixture to swing off on her grapple, not just in the gym but around the mansion and outside...more usage of the grapple would be nice too, maybe using it to absail??? :huh:

I love all of these ideas! ^_^ Some of them I thought of,some i didn't. IT is great to have so many ppl with good ideas here. ^_^

I agree with everyone on Lara's Mansion for TR8.

I thought of this cornny idea for a cut scene that she crashes into someones appartment and the fella in there is playing the last tr game, and she takes a quick break to show him how it's really done then splits while he's in shock.

Or maybe yet, A commercial(sp) for the next TR game where a guy is at home playing the game and AJ as Lara came crashing thru and hand delivers the new game and splits while fighting off bad guys. If they made that commercial I would want to be the guy at home playing. :D

this is true

some of the ideas would deffinetly improve laras home in TR 8...espicially with CD on the team...

dont deny it...CD is amazing and they saved TR....at the same time i feel bad for core :wub:

I must agree that there should be a home attack but it should be a big level not a short thing like Home sweet home I think it should be bigger! Also an idea for her hair! I know all i talk about is her hair but in TRL did anyone else think her hair loose was like cardboard. It wasnt as realistic as her hair in a pony. Well has anyone played Dead or Alive 4? I havent but i have seen Kasumi's hair loose in a ingame clip. Her hair is very realistic. It would occassionally slip over her shoulder and you coul;d see a couple individual strands of hair. It was very realistic. Altho i dont want Lara's as long because that s not the length of Lara's but it should be as realistic! lol! I also must agree with Purple. IMO they are two different things. Theres the movies and then there are the games. Also keep the pony... Maybe there should be a mirror near the closet to change the hair style from Pony to braid. I know she isnt barbie but when i read the bads and good of TRL some ppl said that the braid was a big loss. IMO i like the pony. I think it is more LARA but others disagreed...

• 1 month later...
I must agree that there should be a home attack but it should be a big level not a short thing like Home sweet home I think it should be bigger! Also an idea for her hair! I know all i talk about is her hair but in TRL did anyone else think her hair loose was like cardboard. It wasnt as realistic as her hair in a pony. Well has anyone played Dead or Alive 4? I havent but i have seen Kasumi's hair loose in a ingame clip. Her hair is very realistic. It would occassionally slip over her shoulder and you coul;d see a couple individual strands of hair. It was very realistic. Altho i dont want Lara's as long because that s not the length of Lara's but it should be as realistic! lol! I also must agree with Purple. IMO they are two different things. Theres the movies and then there are the games. Also keep the pony... Maybe there should be a mirror near the closet to change the hair style from Pony to braid. I know she isnt barbie but when i read the bads and good of TRL some ppl said that the braid was a big loss. IMO i like the pony. I think it is more LARA but others disagreed...

another home attack would indeed be sweet

I'm for a expanded mansion too....so many of those doors inside couldn't be opened. Remember the shooting range and Winston was wearing body armor and had a pot for a helmet. He would also hold up his tray if you shot at him.

I hope they keep the "no climbing gear" method in the next game...I liked that a lot. I didn't really the parts in AOD that made you climb up walls, you really had to rush it and if Lara's strength bar went out you fell off and usually that resulted in dying.

this is true...alistair, winston and zip really dont do much in the mansion...

especcially, i miss the old winston with the teapots and the random farting lol

good times...good times

Guest tino croft

hey the dummy idea and motorcycle idea was good and how about she move to one of the three other mansions she has tht would b nice

Edited by tino croft

• 2 weeks later...

ya what other mansions?

Also i think the mansion should have a track outside like in TR3 but this time with Lara's motor bike... WOOT!

Also i dont think they will bring back the Winston that follows and that you were able to put in the freezer. I think that because they made Winston a bit more serious and 'professional' looking and acting

Edited by Experience

LOL! But i still think they should move around but please do not follow me all over the place... *bats eyes* PLEAZE! But yea they should get up move around. I also think the mansion should be even bigger! I know I know... But think about it... Lara has a lot of dough right? Well if so that mansion would be even bigger. I really want to get almost lost! but not entirly lost... And to get around faster there should be secret passage ways like in TRL with the pool to the little pool in the gym. When i first saw the first sceen shot of Lara and the living room. I was like wow! Thinking that was a small part of the huge house but once going into the mansion i found that it was quite small to what i imagined it would be... So i want a bigger mansion! You should be able to go into the bathroom like in the old games and the kitchen. Also get an extention in the pool area. It is two levels. One where the pool is and another where you climb up to... But there should also be another diving board higher above that you get to by climbing around again... Also you should be able to get into the basement secretly to get a key for the track outside like a mentioned before. And what about a course outside that you can try to beat your time like in TR2 &3... And there should be a maze too! You know what else there should be? You should be able to leave from the house to go into town and thats where another level could start but you actually get onto your bike and drive into town not watch a cutscene. And altho it may be a level you can return whenever you want... Ok now i am just rambling!

LOL! But i still think they should move around but please do not follow me all over the place... *bats eyes* PLEAZE! But yea they should get up move around. I also think the mansion should be even bigger! I know I know... But think about it... Lara has a lot of dough right? Well if so that mansion would be even bigger. I really want to get almost lost! but not entirly lost... And to get around faster there should be secret passage ways like in TRL with the pool to the little pool in the gym. When i first saw the first sceen shot of Lara and the living room. I was like wow! Thinking that was a small part of the huge house but once going into the mansion i found that it was quite small to what i imagined it would be... So i want a bigger mansion! You should be able to go into the bathroom like in the old games and the kitchen. Also get an extention in the pool area. It is two levels. One where the pool is and another where you climb up to... But there should also be another diving board higher above that you get to by climbing around again... Also you should be able to get into the basement secretly to get a key for the track outside like a mentioned before. And what about a course outside that you can try to beat your time like in TR2 &3... And there should be a maze too! You know what else there should be? You should be able to leave from the house to go into town and thats where another level could start but you actually get onto your bike and drive into town not watch a cutscene. And altho it may be a level you can return whenever you want... Ok now i am just rambling!

Please don't stop, i must hear more, i loved reading it until you stopped. Must....hear....more.... :unsure:

LOL haha... Actually i had a dream a long time ago when i was excited for Legend to come out... This is how it went. For some odd reason i was playing a level and my dream was based on this one level.

Lara gets captured after being hit in the back of the head. Whom ever did this wants her for money. You know Lara is rich and with her out of the picture what can Allister and Zip do? You heard how they acted when Amanda came to the Mansion while Lara was in Gahna is TRL. Anyways Lara soon wakes up in a small room in a short blue raged dress with her hair loose. She gets up and looks around. (this is all a cutscene BTW) Lara tries to leave but the door is locked. She breaks the lock and rushes outside to find that she is on a boat. Everyone soon realizes that she is up and tries getting her before she escapes. Suddenly the ship hits something and starts to sink. The front of the boat is going down quickly and the boat is now very steep. Lara loses her balance and falls on her butt and starts to slide down towards the cold water. She suddenly realizes that there are sharks below. This is where the level begins. You must jump to the left to grab a ledge before falling into the water and the whole level is to get off the stinking ship. But the best part about it was that altho it was my dream it tured out to be a dream of Lara in the game. She didnt really get captured and all. It was just a dream for her.

Anyways it is very odd dream.