Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!

Guested Account

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and today Disney pulls the plug on LucasArts (video game publisher), killing all its game projects in progress (like 1313).

While I admit the last STAR WARS games I enjoyed were from 1990s, it's not cool to see the sudden end of 30-years-old company responsible for such hits as Monkey Island.

That's a very bad sign.

Quoting Han Solo: "I Have a bad feeling about this!"

and me too!

I have a bad feeling about Star Wars Episode 7-9.

Lucas might have been an arrogant jerk but compared to him, I don't think Disney has any idea what the Star Wars films are about.

Episode 7-9 may just well become the most banal and irrelevant sequels ever made with no relation to the Star Wars universe or to any of the Star Wars films and the timeline created by those 6 prequels.

I was looking forward to 1313.... It looked very promising based on the gameplay video and the techies that they were employing in the game, such as ILM.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was looking forward to 1313.... It looked very promising based on the gameplay video and the techies that they were employing in the game, such as ILM.

What might've been guys, what might've been...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh820gAO7e8[/media]

Edited by jedicri

Great!

Episode 7 is going to suck more than Episode 1 and 2 and 3 combined!

Disney issues 2015 mandatory film release for Star Wars

http://www.blastr.com/2013-10-31/disney-issues-2015-or-bust-ultimatum-star-wars-episode-vii

It's looking more and more like the Force is not with J.J. Abrams' relaunch into a galaxy far, far away.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and several members of the filmmaking team went to corporate parent Disney recently and asked to push the movie's release back to 2016.

With screenwriter Michael Arndt departing the project and Abrams having to start from scratch on the script (with Lawrence Kasdan's help), there were concerns that the movie would not be ready for cameras to roll in early 2014.

The Mouse House's answer: a resounding no.

Disney CEO Robert Iger was "adamant" that the film come out in 2015, probably to meet the demands of Disney stockholders, merchandising partners and quarterly profit targets.

As a result, the pressure is now on. The start of shooting has already been bumped from January 2014 to the spring, which will leave barely a year for post-production if the movie wants to meet a summer 2015 release date. If they at least move it to December -- which has been heavily rumored -- that gives Abrams and his team a little breathing room. But Iger's entire marketing strategy is apparently based on the movie coming out in the summer, so he won't even compromise on that.

Either way, this is a classic Hollywood example of setting a release date before you have many pivotal elements of the film -- including a satisfactory script and a solid cast -- in place. And to do that with the Star Wars franchise, which has already been damaged by the prequels, is taking an enormous risk.

The Reporter notes that Abrams seems to think he can make a 2015 date, while Kennedy was the one pushing to move the film back a year. How that bodes for their relationship remains to be seen. And what about the rollout of Episodes VIII and IX, as well as those spinoff films? Will those be hurried to the screen as well? No one knows yet.

Our takeaway is this: Rushing a project with such enormous expectations cannot be a good thing. Do you think Abrams, Kennedy and company can pull it together and make the Star Wars movie we all want to see. or has Disney doomed the franchise?

Still not happy!

It should be December 2016, at the earliest!

Damn you Disney!

Damn you, you Damn Mouse!

I am happy they are finally making another Star Wars film and I am also happy they replaced the original screenwriter choice with Lawrence Kasdan

BUT

I am NOT HAPPY that Disney is calling for the mandatory release of Episode 7 to be in 2015.

Looks like Episode 7 is going to suck more than Episode 1 to 3 combined.

Sure, Lucas sometimes let himself get the best of him (Jar Jar Binks, Ewoks) but at least when he made the 6 Star Wars films, they were all a work of LOVE.

For Disney, it's all about how fast can we churn it out so we can start making money.

After all, even if the movie sucks, by the time people have figured it out that it sucks, we already sold $1 billion worth of movie tickets worldwide!

Edited by J7Dadda

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another effect of Disney's takeover, remember the familiar Fox fanfare that started every Star Wars movie. Well it won't be around anymore and here's the article I found about it:

http://www.thewrap.com/next-star-wars-will-major-change-opening-fox-fanfare/

Not gonna be the same, hearing and seeing that at the start

Here's another effect of Disney's takeover, remember the familiar Fox fanfare that started every Star Wars movie. Well it won't be around anymore and here's the article I found about it:

http://www.thewrap.com/next-star-wars-will-major-change-opening-fox-fanfare/

Not gonna be the same, hearing and seeing that at the start

Well, that just sucks! It certainly won't be the same --- the anticipation before the music and opening scroll...

J7Dadda Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

I doubt Disney can ever top The Empire Strikes Back and the original Trilogy with whatever plans they have for Episodes 7-9.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they follow the timeline correctly, Han and Leia get married and have twins. Luke is a Jedi master and instructs kids that are to become Jedi knights. Who knows what will happen with J.J. Abrams as director

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
One of the wildest rumors to hit over the weekend was that Disney is planning to release the unaltered versions of the original "Star Wars" trilogy in a Blu-ray box set in time for the theatrical release of Episode VII.
The rumor came from Comic Book who claims the project has been in the works for sometime, but the condition of the negatives Disney is using has made the transfer process difficult. The hope would be to release in its complete, unaltered, original form without the redone special edition effects.
Unfortunately the report doesn't take into account numerous things, from Lucas' wishes to most notably the involvement of 20th Century Fox. As previously reported around the time of the 3D re-release of 'The Phantom Menace', Fox retains the distribution rights to the 1977 "Star Wars" film in perpetuity in all media worldwide. Fox also retains the theatrical, nontheatrical, and home video rights worldwide through May 2020 for the other five films. After that, they revert to Lucasfilm and Disney.
No mention is made of Fox or Lucas in the report, which makes its validity highly dubious. Lucas last commented on the original editions a decade ago, telling The Associated Press at the time:

"The special edition, that's the one I wanted out there. The other movie, it's on VHS, if anybody wants it. ... I'm not going to spend the-we're talking millions of dollars here, the money and the time to refurbish that, because to me, it doesn't really exist anymore. It's like this is the movie I wanted it to be, and I'm sorry you saw half a completed film and fell in love with it."

That's a very arrogant thing for him to say considering that "half a completed film" made him a very very wealthy man!
:angry2:
I hate Lucas as much as I hate Microsoft and Apple and Disney and Wal Mart!
:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
The Force doesn't awaken by the way.
It's always there.
Yoda:

For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

The question is not whether it's awake or dormant.
The question is if one can control it.
The title may be The Force awaken but I think the movie will put us to sleep!!

• 4 weeks later...
Someone at a forum I visited said:

What?! TIE Fighters dogfighting with the Millenium Falcon... in an atmosphere?!? Regular TIE Fighters have no airfoils, they are a space-designed fighter craft... They can take off from a ground base and go straight up into space, but their design doesn't allow them to execute high speed turns (like dogfighting) without flying themself apart from wind shear and gravitational stress. Booooo!!

Is it true?
If this is true then Abrams has committed a grave error: making the movie without passing Star Wars 101 first!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...