Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!

Guested Account

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

If you didn't get enough of your Star Wars fix with Episode VII, here's another Star Wars universe movie you can spend your $ on this December!

The final shot of her looks like she is wearing a Tie Fighter pilot uniform.

This looks like it has more action than Episode VII and less preaching and talking!

Rogue One - A Star Wars Story (2016)

5 hours ago, Shrensh said:

That's the Tube station near my work at 1:11 (Canary Wharf). I catch the train in the Death Star, awesome! :grin:

For REAL, Shrenshy?

:lol:

Disney is gonna work the property and squeeze it for everything they can. Soon instead of being events a Star Wars film will be just another movie.  It's going to become exactly what the Marvel movies have become. There's just too many, too often. 

It amazes me that The Force Awakens and now this really look like nothing more than expensive fan-films. I don't mind the idea of cranking out Star Wars movies because I think that world is ripe with potential for interesting stories to tell. It's a fun, expansive universe.

But so far I've not been impressed with Disney's handling of the property. But I found TFA to be a crushing disappointment in just about every way possible, so my interest in this movie is pretty low. Maybe a rental on Blu-ray but I won't go to the theater to see it.

26 minutes ago, Shrensh said:

Yup :biggrin2: They've covered up the escalators, signs and benches, but I still recognise it!

Please sneak into the Death Star and get me a storm trooper blaster, the side arm and the long barrel one. Thanks.

Oh and a Tie Fighter too. That will come in handy to beat Houston's traffic on Monday mornings and Friday afternoons.

I hope Episode VIII will be more original, like a young wannabe Jedi learning from a teacher who hasn't been seen for years only to leave to fight a bad guy who killed an earlier mentor. That would be so Awesome! We've never seen that story arch before.

Or what would be really cool is if they had giant dog-like machines attacking the rebels secret base right at the start. Maybe on a planet of fire. I just hope they don't have an icy planet. I can't stand ice and snow and the sub zero temperature.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

0213b9543871661.jpg b434c2543871663.jpg 

They couldn't come up with a better title?

So the girl (REY) is a Jedi? Is she Luke's daughter?

Gosh darn Mouse and J.J. Abrams are ruining a great franchise!

They are going to do the same thing next to the Indiana Jones franchise since when Disney bought Lucasfilm, it also included the Indiana Jones franchise.

Edited by j7wild

• 5 months later...

"Fulfill your destiny...""

How original... NOT!!

J.J. Abrams has no originality or a shred of an original idea.

:rolleyes:

Here's words that could be used in place of Destiny and still has the same or similar meaning, according to the Thesaurus:

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/destiny

Again with the Destiny speeches just like in The Return of the Jedi:

Darth Vader: You underestimate the power of the Dark Side. If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny.

Yoda: Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Obi-Wan: You cannot escape your destiny. You must face Darth Vader again.

The Emperor: It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your father, are now *mine*.

The Emperor: You're hate has made you powerful. Now fulfill your destiny, take you're father's place by my side.

Edited by j7wild

• 1 month later...

I guess Disney/Lucasfilm really likes what Rian Johnson did for The Last Jedi, th e y have given him the keys to the kingdom to create the next trilogy.

http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-johnson-writer-director-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy

RIAN JOHNSON, WRITER-DIRECTOR OF STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, TO CREATE ALL-NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY
For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce. 

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.” 

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.82...it

• 3 weeks later...