Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

STEAM version(Tomb Raider 2013) progreams/issues

whats up Lara Croft online Tomb Raider Forum memebers im new and i am in need in some help with the gam eon the pc side the game crashed and freeze after 10 mins of play in the singel player only Muitplayer works fine an deverything but for some odd reason not sigel player and i tryed contant Squre Enix about this issues but they wanna ignore people

I would go and download the latest drivers for you video card. I remember that happening to me and it solved it.

A lot of people are playing but probably not so many on pc as console. It seems NVidia cards are an issue and AMD cards are ok.

Also I would tweak the settings and see what happens. Sorry I didn't come on early I was playing on the Xbox 360 Tomb Raider of course!

Has anyone got a profile for a Saitek gamepad, I am currently unwell and can't spend hours reprogramming key by key, because they have made the game exclusively for the Xbox piece of whatever gamepad, which totally sucks. My saitek beats it all the way, has more buttons for a start and the pads and mini joysticks are more controllable. It completed TR: legend and underword easily. They should not allow Tomb Raider to be exclusive to one gamepad that is wrong. They had better release a patch allowing other gamepads soon.

Osirisam

whats up Lara Croft online Tomb Raider Forum memebers im new and i am in need in some help with the gam eon the pc side the game crashed and freeze after 10 mins of play in the singel player only Muitplayer works fine an deverything but for some odd reason not sigel player and i tryed contant Squre Enix about this issues but they wanna ignore people

We have just made public a new version of the PC version of Tomb Raider, build 1.0.718.4. This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client. From http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134690

Downloaded the Steam version of the game and I've just played past the climbing of the plane. So far so good. My fingers are going to get a workout, lol, with all these QTEs.

In terms of specs, I got all on high or ultra high --- maxed out every graphical setting; smooth as butter so far and I hope it stays this way.

Any way, back to gaming :)

If you have an Nvidia graphics card, that could be the problem. If you do have an Nvidia card, try disabling tesselation in the advanced graphics options. If that doesn't work, try disabling exclusive fullscreen and vsync.

Yes, disabling those 3 things worked for me: the game stopped crashing at a particualr spot early on in the game and has been stable since then.

I've just finished patching up Roth and am on my way to the radio tower. Despite those QTEs, which I must admit, are not that frustrating or difficult for that matter, I'm really enjoying this game a lot.

Back to gaming!

ok im back sorry about the long wait but I already have my NVidia card up to date the game patch on the other hand is not working(Updateing to new patch) Game version is now 1.00.718.4 now I check all arouned and can't downloaded the new patch and STEAM is not update the game auto like it shoul deven when I do exit STEAM client log off or even restart pc

ok im back sorry about the long wait but I already have my NVidia card up to date the game patch on the other hand is not working(Updateing to new patch) Game version is now 1.00.718.4 now I check all arouned and can't downloaded the new patch and STEAM is not update the game auto like it shoul deven when I do exit STEAM client log off or even restart pc

The latest version is 1.00.718.4. This is not by all means, a final patch. The game will still crash if you don't disable V-Sync, Tesselation and Exclusive Full Screen. I don't think this latest patch addresses this particular crash issue. Even when patched , I tried enabling each individually and the game still crashes.

The latest version is 1.00.718.4. This is not by all means, a final patch. The game will still crash if you don't disable V-Sync, Tesselation and Exclusive Full Screen. I don't think this latest patch addresses this particular crash issue. Even when patched , I tried enabling each individually and the game still crashes.

wow have you tried updated your Graphic drivers and or any other updates like windows and micorosft updates also bio for your motherboard and see if that helps

Having finished the game on PS3, which was absolutely AWESOME, ran smoothly with no problems. So I bought the Steam version of the game for PC. What a mistake! Graphic issues galore! Lara walks through a waterfall - that isn't there when she turns around, the QTE are a joke also. When it says to press left / right, you can't tell if they mean the arrow keys or A and D. I hate smashing buttons! On the PS3 a simple button push took care of the QTE nicely. I think I'm going to ask Steam for my money back.

Any one else having trouble with Steam version versus one that was installed from a DVD? Just curious.

You can use either the arrow keys or A-D for the left-right QTEs (I used A-D for all of them). The biggest problem I had with the game was that I didn't know what speed they wanted me to do the button-mashing ones at (though I've seen this complaint on multiple platforms), and frame-rate drops causing the game to not register my key presses.

My game is the retail PC DVD edition, but the version downloaded from Steam should be exactly the same.

wow have you tried updated your Graphic drivers and or any other updates like windows and micorosft updates also bio for your motherboard and see if that helps

The latest patch is v 1.00.711.3. I haven't yet tried enabling V-Sync, Tesselation and Exclusive Full Screen with this latest patch, though I'll do this after posting this and give it a go. Everything's up-to-date. I still awaiting the new driver for the vid card that's for sure to come.

You have nice PC specs btw. Should run the game flawlessly if your not affected with the bugs that is.

Having finished the game on PS3, which was absolutely AWESOME, ran smoothly with no problems. So I bought the Steam version of the game for PC. What a mistake! Graphic issues galore! Lara walks through a waterfall - that isn't there when she turns around, the QTE are a joke also. When it says to press left / right, you can't tell if they mean the arrow keys or A and D. I hate smashing buttons! On the PS3 a simple button push took care of the QTE nicely. I think I'm going to ask Steam for my money back.

Any one else having trouble with Steam version versus one that was installed from a DVD? Just curious.

Nope, no problems. My CPU and graphic cards are top of the line, especially my vid card.

And another bug...when Lara walks up to the first fire pit, IT'S ALREADY ON FIRE, but she still takes out the match and lights the fire.

I have updated my nVidia GeForce 8600 GT to latest drivers, even bought a new (corded) keyboard - thinking old wireless keyboard is not connecting correctly. I will downgrade my performance graphics to see if that makes a difference, but somehow I don't think this is going to help the problem after reading all of the performance PC issues this game has.

And another bug...when Lara walks up to the first fire pit, IT'S ALREADY ON FIRE, but she still takes out the match and lights the fire.

I have updated my nVidia GeForce 8600 GT to latest drivers, even bought a new (corded) keyboard - thinking old wireless keyboard is not connecting correctly. I will downgrade my performance graphics to see if that makes a difference, but somehow I don't think this is going to help the problem after reading all of the performance PC issues this game has.

Well, downgraded the graphics to "normal", disabled the tessalation (sp?), disabled full time full screen, etc., and game is running, but you can tell whenever Lara runs, it's like she's running through mud. Also hate when the camera gets behind her and is in a bush or other obstacle. Can't tell you how many times she's fallen off of something because I can't see where I'm going. Shame on you Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix! Shame! Rushed to market without properly testing on PC. Shame.

Other than the crashes with the 3 graphic options enabled mentioned above, the game ran flawlessly. Unfortunately, even with the latest game build update, v1.00.722.3, the game still crashed with those 3 graphic options enabled.

I noticed however that there is a beta driver update, 314.21, available for download http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-314.21-beta-driver.html (this link is for WN 7 64-bit OS since I have this particular install. One will have to backtrack to choose appropriate driver for respective OS version and install). According to the notes, it will improve, among other things, performance and stability in Tomb Raider. I'm going to wait until this driver is certified and then, and only then will I apply this latest driver.

EDIT: UPDATE

The new beta driver fixed the tessellation crash as reported here: http://kotaku.com/5991138/hooray-tomb-raiders-pc-version-is-now-way-less-crash+tastic

May have to reconsider waiting for the certified version so I can replay the game with all graphics maxed out....

Edited by jedicri

The latest patch is v 1.00.711.3. I haven't yet tried enabling V-Sync, Tesselation and Exclusive Full Screen with this latest patch, though I'll do this after posting this and give it a go. Everything's up-to-date. I still awaiting the new driver for the vid card that's for sure to come.

You have nice PC specs btw. Should run the game flawlessly if your not affected with the bugs that is.

new patch is already out plus Nvidia driver so that fix the game and graphics for people but the game is still broken in Muilplayer side

Nope, no problems. My CPU and graphic cards are top of the line, especially my vid card.

We always have everything up to date most of the time good thing

Well, downgraded the graphics to "normal", disabled the tessalation (sp?), disabled full time full screen, etc., and game is running, but you can tell whenever Lara runs, it's like she's running through mud. Also hate when the camera gets behind her and is in a bush or other obstacle. Can't tell you how many times she's fallen off of something because I can't see where I'm going. Shame on you Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix! Shame! Rushed to market without properly testing on PC. Shame.

wait a second you can't blame CD and SE for the pc issues well on second tough you can in a way cause they decied to go with AMD Brand for the game indeed of going with intel core i5 and Nvidia for this way like they did with Legend

Crystal Dynmics And Squre Enix Next Time Don't Go with AMD as the Game brand no more please you don't something like this to happen every again also Let Nvidia And Intel show them some Love

Most games We see on PC is AMD Game Brand(Saint's Row 3 Tomb Raider and lots more)can't think of at the moment but yall understand rite