Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

future TR ideas

Hardkore

Basically what kind of ideas would you have for upcoming games? This is a 3 part question.

1) Plot/story line ideas?

2) New weapons?

3)Where do you want to see her go to next?

1)No particular ideas yet. Unfortunately the only thing i have would comcern bio type research and involve more mutants.

2)Seeing as how they are going more realistic like,how about something small that can be strapped to her wrist/ ankles like throwing knives/stars. It helps keep some of the stealth like feel by keeping things quiet where the guns would attract the other bad guys to her.

3) The only place she has been to in USA has been Nevada I believe.Maybe have her go thru the remains of New Orleans as it is today. Then again maybe have go thru New Orleans during Mardi Gras. She can have fights on the roof tops and then try to lose them in the crowd on the ground. She can also go to India or Hawaii. It the earlier games they always had a T-rex and some velociraptors,why not have something that is more current in myth,the Loch Ness Monster (Nessie) in Scotland. How about Rio de Janeiro,Brazil or the Incan or Mayan pyramids.

Edited by Hardkore

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An excellent topic, Hardkore. ;)

1) Though I can't think of a plot/story line for the 8th game because its continuing from legend.. :unsure:

Guess excalibur will play a big part in it...No doubt Lara's searching for more Stone daises...There wasn't enough mythical and wild life enemies in legend I hope to see some in TR8

2) I have an idea about the weapons. I think that there should be a wider variety of weapons, more hand guns etc. I still like the idea of only being able to carry a limited amount of weapons. so you'll have to choose the right kind of weapons for the job wisely. Maybe having a resident evil style item box throughout each level so you can selected a different style weapon...Much like the merchant fella in Resi 4...There are guns that have different strengths, firing speeds and reload time..perhaps upgrading them to your desired specification..And a combat knife for stealthy kills.

3) China, I know she's been to that location already but I'd love to see rural China with improved graphics. I bet it'll be a beautiful place.

Guest The Angel Of Darkness

I have an idea....!!

1. Lara looks for things her father left behind makes regrets about her father and finds a way to look for more of the Swords but keeps excalibur she finds another dais and gets a second chance to change what happen but has to make a choice : "get her mother" or "continue her path" which will she choose, also the extra swords she finds she destroys with excalibur. Also lara gains a new item that allows the locations of certain stone dais(plural cant use es cause it'll look like daises{flower})---->the item is called the Eye of Elements.

2. The Dual pistols change colors for enviroments and she gets Excalibur and it has gotten a power upgrade and can send a shockwave and destroy anything that is in her way but alomost anything she can control the power of the sword and also a an additional two slots for special weapons she can use in emergancies also the back pack can support up to as many as 10 medkits but the kits are smaller and in a greater abundance also gun upgrades are awarded each time she does certain things and also a longer array of levels

3. Story from South America Old Grudges)----->Africa(the place of origins) -----> Antarctica(Timeline)

-----> Polar Region(Borealis Reaction)------> Russia (Ancient Ruins) --------> Africa(Return to Roots)------> Mexico (Creación) --------> Ausralia (The Core Choice) ---------> England (Returning of Things That Passed)

[Also the levels are longer like about very long] :huh: What do you think?

Edited by The Angel Of Darkness

i like your ideas AOD

it sounds good having the excalibur sword and destroy everything ;) but that would make the levels to easy i gues :(

well its true Lara havent been really in to the Africa continent so that would be kinda nice. further on Lara has almost been everywhere so i dont have any comment at that ... though it maby would be nice to take Lara to some fantasy envirements like they did in TR 1.

but it would be good to give Lara a new outfit again, that way it will be nice playing TR (not that i would mind cause i love TR anyway :lol: ) but theres only one thing they will have to change about Laras looks, like everyone just LOVED Lara in the evening dress from Japan in Legend ... it would be great to play some levels with her hair loose. or even better let ppl choose their own outfits i mean let ppl choose their own hair due with Lara their own boots and top etc. that way everyone can choose how they would like to see Lara!

i like your ideas AOD

it sounds good having the excalibur sword and destroy everything ;) but that would make the levels to easy i gues :(

well its true Lara havent been really in to the Africa continent so that would be kinda nice. further on Lara has almost been everywhere so i dont have any comment at that ... though it maby would be nice to take Lara to some fantasy envirements like they did in TR 1.

but it would be good to give Lara a new outfit again, that way it will be nice playing TR (not that i would mind cause i love TR anyway :lol: ) but theres only one thing they will have to change about Laras looks, like everyone just LOVED Lara in the evening dress from Japan in Legend ... it would be great to play some levels with her hair loose. or even better let ppl choose their own outfits i mean let ppl choose their own hair due with Lara their own boots and top etc. that way everyone can choose how they would like to see Lara!

yeah she looked 'darlin' with her hair loose :lol:

Keys and artefacts to use in game to open doors etc....(The way a Tomb Raider game is suppose to be). ^_^ I'd also would like to see an inventory system TR:TLR style so you can combine items/weapons and possibly some of Lara's gadgets with other objects and items. I like to view the items I've picked up in the game this way, But I still like the PDA (what does that stand for anyway? :huh: ) Perhaps the PDA can take a kind of snap shot like a digital camera to keep a log of items and ammo obtained and Key clues in game e.g like an inscription on a wall, a code or some kind of an important shaped piece for a puzzle etc...so if you get stuck, all you have to do is go to your PDA in your inventory to get a visual aid to help you out.

I like Slamboy's suggustion of the Mix n' Match outfits idea. I think aesthetic value is just as important as practicallity in a game...it makes things more fun and interesting :lol: Maybe destructable scenery like vases, urns, pains of glass, odd bits of furniture and decoration you can shoot and break. Simply for the the same reason as the outfits because its fun! There should be more accuracy shooting with the first -person mode...Like the skeleton's skulls and the bronze men's chests in TRL more enemies like them would be awesome.

I think the rewards in Legend was far too easy some of the rewards weren't even hidden they were in plain sight :angry: They should be a lot more challenging to find like in TR3. Although I did like how the gold rewards required some brain power to find...I couldn't find the one in Peru for ages and when I finally did I was kicking myself because I past that same spot soo many times.... :blink::lol:

Edited by Deryk

Oh and sorry if my sentences did'nt make any sense and maybe the sword can't destroy everything but what did you think of the locations i suggested?

My List:

• I want to see more weapons!
  • Continue the storyline RIGHT where it left off.
  • Since it's going to be on the next gen consoles A LOT better graphics. The graphics in 7 where GREAT, but with the new systems the graphics can be almost REAL.
  • I for one, want. . to see BLOOD! How is it realistic when you shoot someone and there is very lil to NO blood? I'm not saying to make it a M rated game but come on!
  • Equally enemies of humans and animals/creatures. Legend was more humans than anything.
  • More moves!
That's all for now. I think I'm going to go play it and I see what else I can find!

[*]I for one, want. . to see BLOOD! How is it realistic when you shoot someone and there is very lil to NO blood? I'm not saying to make it a M rated game but come on!

I agree there was always at least a little blood in other TR, particularly in TRL when you blew up bad guys into bloody chuncks with explosives. And AoD enemies and even Lara left little blood splats on the ground when they got shot... It was odd that there was no blood at all in Legend.

I disagree. I used to love all the gore but now that I'm older its gotten old. I mean TR 3 had a little squirting from the monkeys but it really didn't add to the game for me. I basically ignored it. I think you're going to have it and have it work you almost have to make it an M rated game and then you get into all those issues.

I'd like to see Lara use more of the environment around her as a weapon. In Legend you could target certain rocks or structures and shoot them down onto enemies, and she should keep the grappling line for making some jumps that would be too long.

I like the idea of switching weapons out for each level too. Combining items is also good.

Most definitely this game should get back to using keys and levers to open doors, and maybe some puzzles would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

1. I really don't have any specific plot ideas, to me the classic TR plot is Lara goes in search of Treasure X, other peoples who aren't so nice go after Treasure X, Lara goes all over the place while competing with the other peoples, and in the end Lara gets what she wants. It's a stock plot, but I honestly think TR as a series works better when it's light on plot-- Just enough plot that you want to find out what happens next, but never SUCH an engaging story that you're going to rush through the levels to get to the next plot twist-- you're supposed to want to take your time through the levels.

One other thing, I'd like it if most of Lara's enemies this time around were animals and mystical creatures as opposed to humans-- I liked it in the original TR when Lara only fought other people out of self-defense. In TRII she started to seem cold and trigger-happy to me. Leave the assasinations to Solid Snake, TR is not about killing.

2. I'd like to see a more customizable weapon system, a la Parasite Eve or Vagrant story. It could add a lot to the game without having to change the basic formula. It could even be an RPG-style system, Lara does have access to money and shops in some places. You could have to combine store-bought weaponry with upgrades that you find in the field.

3. Pacific Northwest region (US/Canada), Australian rainforest, sub-saharan Africa, some fantasy locations like Atlantis in original TR.

I still haven't played AOD or Legends (my PS2 broke and I haven't replaced it yet ><), so for all I know some of these may have been done already; if so, I apologize.

Oh, and one more thing-- a WORTHWHILE prize for getting all the secrets. Like a bonus level that's actually really original and cool. I never bothered to do All Hallows in TR3, because it sounded like a pretty boring level considering all of the work you had to do to get there.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tino croft
One other thing, I'd like it if most of Lara's enemies this time around were animals and mystical creatures as opposed to humans-- I liked it in the original TR when Lara only fought other people out of self-defense. In TRII she started to seem cold and trigger-happy to me. Leave the assasinations to Solid Snake, TR is not about killing.

but thts the whole point of tomb raider the guns r too fun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

O ya the crouch flip was awesome! I remember doing that and putting in a game shark code that made her fly, it was amzing to see her do the flip and then fly in that position... Also i just found out that if you do a swan dive and press circle on the playstation while diving that she will do another fluip while diving...