Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

What you like or didn't like about Legend.

Purple

IMO (In My Opinion)

Didn't Like:

#1) Lara doesn't shoot both guns at the same time anymore.

#2) Her Backpack isn't the same.

#3) Lara coudln't sprint.

#4) Could only carry one other weapon besides the 2 pistols.

Liked:

#1) Graphics

#2) The places that she visited (Environment)

#3) Zip and Alister

#4) Combat

#5) New Moves & Devices

#6) Different Outfits

#7) Croft Manor

^_^

By adding Allister and Zip and couple other more things, I think they were trying to make the game more

like the TR movies, instead of the other way around :rolleyes:

(But again... Thats just my opinion) ;)

Overall I give the game 8 1/2 out of: 10 ^_^

Liked:

• Improved graphics
  • More fluid movement
  • The variety of locations
  • The return of Lara's mansion
Didn't like:
  • Lara's revised biography (I found the old one more interesting)
  • Zip and Alister (I preferred being on my own in the game and thought they ruined the mood a lot)
  • The save point system (I didn't mind it when playing for the first time, but I've found it very annoying when I want to go back and replay the game and explore. I've been putting it off because of that).
  • No more infinite backpack. *sigh* One of the fun things about TR is that you can whip rocket launchers and machine guns out of nowhere...
  • Too short

Another thing I noticed:

TR4 Last Revelation:

Jean-Yves: This I fear also. I shall wait here for you. Return if you feel I can help in any way. Good luck, Lara. I fear you may need it.

Lara: I make my own luck.

I'm TR Legend Lara in that Cut Scene when she enters the Infirmary and rescues the pair of Kazakh soldiers, I think at the end of their conversation she says "Wish Me Luck".

So what is it? Does she make her own luck or not? :rolleyes:

Lol :lol:

Edited by Purple

Didn't like:

• The length

• Not being able to save anywhere. (I can see why they did it, it would have been even easier than it already was, but it's still annoying)

• The interactive cutscenes. It's great to see such spectacular deaths but I prefer to be a spectator

• Bosses. Never have liked 'em, never will

• Vehicles

Everything else, I liked :)

Didn't like:

<ul>

<li>The length

<li>Not being able to save anywhere. (I can see why they did it, it would have been even easier than it already was, but it's still annoying)

<li>The interactive cutscenes. It's great to see such spectacular deaths but I prefer to be a spectator

<li>Bosses. Never have liked 'em, never will

<li>Vehicles</li>

</ul>

Everything else, I liked :)

I'll just share your list and add that I disliked not have a bottomless backpack. :lol:

Me too. I absolutely hate boss fights. It's like the game manufacturers throw them in just for an easy way to increase the play time. And then it's just a matter of button-mashing and frustration.

Boss fights suck! :angry2:

Ah, so true! It's so lazy of them! That takamoto fight totaly sucked.

Imo, A better thing is having a puzzle disguised as a boss fight.. so you don't have to do all this 'bang bang bang jump jump bang bang bang' kinda thing to kill the boss. As a vague example - maybe you have to active some switches and then press a button or something, while dodging the bosses attacks, which activates something that kills him.

Even still, I'd prefer just to have a really challenging level.. hard puzzles... Temple of Xian-esque.

well actually i liked everything of the game (i mean whats not to like about it)

liked;

Lara's new and SEXY looks :D

Alister and Zip (its nice someones talking to you , and not to have that killing silence anymore)

the locations (so beautiful)

Lara in evening dress , loose hair and high heels :P

Lara in classic outfit

the bosses

disliked;

okey like everybody ... it WAS to short , but further one i liked everything ;)

Edited by SlamBoy

• 4 weeks later...

Oh boy, this has been just the kind of thread that I've been waiting for. Go to the TR8 forum for a more detailed account of my rants.

Liked:

1. Revitalization of graphics

2. Mouseview perspective

3. New outfits

4. Some of Alister and Zip's comments.

Disliked:

1. Chopping up of Lara's abilities in some areas and arbitrary adding in others. I.E., Lara could no longer sprint, hold breath for 60 seconds, hold out for longer periods of time in ice or toxic gas

2. Extremely short level and game time. What did I use up 20 GB on my hard drive for?

3. The arcade-like sequences

4. NONVIOLENCE! When Lara falls from a cliff, I want to see her fall, don't dim out the camera! Look at what the previous TRs did.

5. Although the outfits were added, for some reason you couldn't use the swimsuit in the other levels. Why have it, then?

6. Some of Alister and Zip's comments.

7. Consistently easy puzzles (and being provided hints).

8. Having everything at your disposal.

9. Although the graphics were good, they certainly weren't paramount. Considering that Tomb Raider Legend is in the newgen of dynamic lighting (per Half Life 2), they certainly could have done better.

10. Arcade-like vehicle sequences.

11. The cliffhanger ending. See Dislike 2.

12. A very small selection of weapons. In this game, you get the pistols, MP5, M16, and the shotgun. In TR3, you get pistols, MP5, M16, shotgun, harpoon gun, rocket launcher, grenade launcher, etc.

13. Doing away with flares in exchange for the PLS.

14. The fact that EIDOS will release a game exactly like this in a couple of years, and fail.

Edited by PARANOIA

Well, like the title said, just finished the game. A bit late, I know but I really need to tell someone about it since none of my friends really cares.

I am shocked, I love the story, didn't like the game.

I think the ending is the best with Amanda, superb!!

The levels are a bit short, and a bit easy. I do not like the enemies, too much and not much varierity. And I really miss the levers, keys, pick-ups and tons of medikits. Also you can't get lost in the levels and the 'puzzels' are easy, I never had to check a walk-through. I think that they could skip all the end-boses, they were just annoying and they delayed me. I would also like more vehicles, but I quess the game is sponserd by Ducati and not Ferrari.

The story is marvelous, although I do not agree on it, the whole King Arthur legend. The level I liked the best was England, because of the deserted museum. And the worst level was Bolivia Redux, since I finifhed that one in about three minutes, and I think the last level should be a very hard one....

Nevertheless, I can not wait untill TR 8! :)

Well, like the title said, just finished the game. A bit late, I know but I really need to tell someone about it since none of my friends really cares.

I am shocked, I love the story, didn't like the game.

I think the ending is the best with Amanda, superb!!

The levels are a bit short, and a bit easy. I do not like the enemies, too much and not much varierity. And I really miss the levers, keys, pick-ups and tons of medikits. Also you can't get lost in the levels and the 'puzzels' are easy, I never had to check a walk-through. I think that they could skip all the end-boses, they were just annoying and they delayed me. I would also like more vehicles, but I quess the game is sponserd by Ducati and not Ferrari.

The story is marvelous, although I do not agree on it, the whole King Arthur legend. The level I liked the best was England, because of the deserted museum. And the worst level was Bolivia Redux, since I finifhed that one in about three minutes, and I think the last level should be a very hard one....

Nevertheless, I can not wait untill TR 8! :)

I completely agree with you,despite the bad reviews Angel of Darkness got,it was much better for puzzles that Legend was,I can't wait for Tomb Raider 8 either,I hope they REALLY go back to the roots of the Groundbreaking game,you know?

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree with you,despite the bad reviews Angel of Darkness got,it was much better for puzzles that Legend was,I can't wait for Tomb Raider 8 either,I hope they REALLY go back to the roots of the Groundbreaking game,you know?

Yup! I hope it will be great! I hope they bring back to good old flares bacl LOL!

What I didn't like about Legend, I got a few things.

I didn't like all the pulling and pushing of objects to work puzzles. I like finding keys and working levers over doing that, and I hope TR 8 goes back to that.

I too didn't like the backpack and weaponry was rather limited to what you could have, and you couldn't keep the guns you picked up when you finished a level.

Length of the game was too short, can't really go on much about that.

I didn't like the PLS, I prefer the flares over it.

Binoculars can go, I didn't use them that much.

Grappling line can go, I like taking those long jumps and I missed that in this game.

As for what I liked:

Zip and Alister were a good addition, and i liked it when Lara had to tell them to be quiet at certain times through the game. :lol::lol::lol:

Having different oufits for each level was nice. ^_^^_^

Lara looked way better in this game than she had in previous games. :D:D

I liked the "no climbing gear" way of scaling walls, I hope that stays on in TR 8. ^_^^_^

If I were to rate this game I'd give it a 7 out of 10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest fusion0001

I really didnt like the unrealistic way in which lara went up and down stairs. But i'm not sayin I liked the way it was done in AOD either with those crap camera angles and slow movements but:

perhaps if the steps were bigger in size than in legend? it would not look like she can walk up 6 steps at a time

• 2 weeks later...

Well let me think here... a couple of things... :angry2:

I didn't like the interactive cut scenes, annoying as hell!!! :angry2::angry2:

I was disapointed about Croft manor, I'd rather it be at the first like it was traditionally and explore the whole estate, indoors and outdoors. :P:o

The story line was great with one problem, is it me or there looks like there were some levels and storyline missing from it? :huh:

Bottomless back pack, I missed it so much! :o

The last level, couldn't they make it longer like Amanda's goonies trying to prevent her from getting in to the site. I thought it was too short too.

I didn't mind Zip and Alistair (oddly). :rolleyes:

:angry2: Oh well that's it from me. :angry2:

liked

- laras black dress

- graphics of environments

- gameplay/ controls ( for ps2 cant imagine playing it with a keyboard lol)

- croft manor, liked it better than the levels as you had to explore and work everything out yourself, hope they add outside next time

- playing as classic lara in the flashback

-diffrent costumes, cant wait to get the bikini lol

-when enemies pick your grenade you threw at them up and throw it back at you, well made me laugh

- amanda, they set her up as her main arch rival she was a pretty good charatcer

disliked

- cartoony looking charatcers

- the headset, zip and alistor telling her how to solve puzzles that are easy anyway

- game too short couldve been a couple more levels

- bike levels were too arcady and out of place

- binoculars were pointless barely ever used them

- the way everything you can interact with shined, game would have lasted longer and been more satisfying after finding what to do yourself

- excalibur, could just do one thing with it i was expecting better from it

- grenade launcher, its just crap i never use it

- last level was too short

- too many people, wanted more animals BUT

- animals were too hard to kill theyre strength needed to be balanced more

I hope they bring back to good old flares bacl LOL!

I totally disagree! IMO i hated the flares in the old game! The light sourse was one of the best improvments. I also loved the grapple! The grappling hook was a lot of fun! Woohoo!

BEST GAME EVA!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Likes....

1. Gameplay and controls

2. Level Design

3. Locations

4. Story

5. Replay Value

Dislikes

1. Too short

2. No outside with included assault course in Croft Manor

3. Rewards too easy to find

Guest fusion0001

Just thiught of something else; in the screenshot of boliva she is jumping sidewards with guns out. why couldnt that be in the game to work like a sidewards swan dive.

Im sure i also seen this sideward jump thing in TRA video as well but lara cant do it.