Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Mzchill

The Soviet installation.... Sigh

hello all! Avid tomb player! Love this, love all of them!

Anyway this morning I am in the soviet installation.

I'm in that secret tomb, and got to the part where you get the water to rise.

Now, TI go up the stairs, jump on that beam, the water goes up, (I've already used explosive to open that one entrance with the raft) the raft shoots across the screen..... And then..... I what?

I've tried swimming under, going to the raft and jumping the walls, I must look ridiculous!

When I first got into the tomb, I went to get that relic or whatever from the tower inside and the thing broke, am I sol?

I'm not there yet. I'm getting the walkthrough book tomorrow. I'll look it up and get back to you asap.

You can load a previous checkpoint if that might help.

Hi, Mzchill. Welcome to the forum. Sorry for the delay responding. Maybe you've already figured this out, but here goes:

Spoiler

Once you're in the big room and able to hang onto the bar that causes water to rush in, you'll notice this moves a small, square platform to the left, toward the water wheel. Then, as the water recedes, the platform returns to the right corner. You need to grab one of the red cans (explosive oil of some kind) and throw it into the little square floating platform (LT to aim, RT to toss). Then climb back to the upper ledge and jump onto the bar to cause the water to rush in.

Drop down and climb out of the water near the stairs (not on the floaty platform). Then, as the platform floats back to the right, it will pass in front of the round hole with the wood panels over it. As this happens, shoot the red can to explode it and destroy the wooden barrier. Now you can swim into the next room.

You can probably figure out the rest, but in case you get stuck there:

Spoiler

Climb onto the higher ledge and go through the passageway on the left to a dead end. Use the climbing axe to break down the wall, creating a doorway that overlooks the large pool.

Now swim back across the pool and grab another of those red cans. Toss it onto the floating platform. Once again, jump onto the bar to cause the water to rush in. Then quickly swim onto the floaty platform, pick up the red can, and as you float past the raised opening you just made, toss the can up into it.

Now you can swim through the round hole into the side room, climb up to that doorway again, and get the red can. Move back into the side room and toss the can onto the ledge near the round, wooden door. Shoot the can to blast open the wooden panel, and more water rushes in.

Now swim back down through the passageway to the big room. You can now reach the platform with the codex on it.

Hope that helps! Good luck and raid on!

Edited by Stellalune
fixed broken spoiler tags

Hey, Tom. Any idea how to use spoiler tags on the new board? It seems to have broken my old code and I don't see an option in the toolbar. ^^^

I'm looking into it. I might have to ask on the IPB live chat Monday on how to get it back onto the toolbar. However from what I've read online the old BB codes are gone.

So  much for progress huh.

Aha! I should have just hovered over everything until I found it. FWIW, when I used the bracketed [ spoiler ] tag without the spaces, it worked in a new post, but old posts, like the one above, seem to have been broken by the changes. I will try and edit. Thanks for your help. :)

It actually wasn't there. I had to add it from the admin. panel. There are no BB codes anymore.... They use a CK Editor now and it's probably the basic version.

You drag into the toolbar from the admin. panel the available buttons they provide and that one was missing. Everything on this board now is simply dragging into the board what you want added. Pretty cool actually. Also it upgrades now with notifications to me on the board and auto updates. I'm sure as we go all the bugs will be sorted eventually as it's pretty new. Thanks again for letting me know about it and as always for your help here!