Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Collecting Mushrroms to poison bear

jedicri

Quick question...

I accidentally used all  of my poison arrows .... Where can I collect more mushrooms to craft more poison arrows?

EDIT: Just finished killing off the bear. 

Edited by jedicri

If you're in Siberian Wildnerness, you can go back and use your axe on the stump near the camp if you haven't already. There are mushrooms in the big cave near the Trinity camp and another stump outside on the path to the bear cave. Other than that, it's keeping your eyes peeled as you play and building up your inventory.

You can use regular arrows to fight the bear - it just takes longer. I ended up running out of the cave, across the clearing and part way down the path back to the main area. The bear would rise up and roar, but not follow, allowing me to get a few more arrows into him, and then he'd lumber back to his cave, which meant I could go and lure him out again and repeat the process until he died.

It was fun to go back with my upgraded bow later on. Two good poison arrows took that sucker out!

Edited by Izzy41
possilbe spoilers

Although I finally did manage to kill the bear, I would still like to thank all who responded to my plea for help!

I'm loving this game so far.

Stella, thanks for that tip.  For some reason or other, somehow those saved games don't work in the same way as the old saved slots in the games of old.

7 hours ago, jedicri said:

For some reason or other, somehow those saved games don't work in the same way as the old saved slots in the games of old.

Do you mean the classic TR games or Legend through TR 2013? For me, PC saves in Rise include Last Autosave (this gets overwritten as you play through), Last Campsite Save (just how it sounds), and Last Backup Save (not sure yet how this works exactly), followed by all the saves you make yourself. TR 2013 had 99 slots. I'm not sure what the limit is on this game yet. All of them include the level name and percentage completion, which helps a lot. They still register the last checkpoint before you save, so when you reload you'll be back at the checkpoint and not necessarily where you actually saved the game, but it should be pretty close.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:36 AM, Stellalune said:

Do you mean the classic TR games or Legend through TR 2013? For me, PC saves in Rise include Last Autosave (this gets overwritten as you play through), Last Campsite Save (just how it sounds), and Last Backup Save (not sure yet how this works exactly), followed by all the saves you make yourself. TR 2013 had 99 slots. I'm not sure what the limit is on this game yet. All of them include the level name and percentage completion, which helps a lot. They still register the last checkpoint before you save, so when you reload you'll be back at the checkpoint and not necessarily where you actually saved the game, but it should be pretty close.

I was referring to the actual saves you make yourself and thus can load that particular instance rather than load to the last checkpoint and not to where you actually saved the game.

Console, I blame the console porting, lol

On another note.... did I miss this earlier in the game or what?..... Where does one pick up the LOCK PICK?  I've been encountering a number of chests that require the lock pick or am I missing something here......

41 minutes ago, Izzy41 said:

The lock pick is a reward for completing a mission in the Soviet Facility.  Well worth doing the missions for the extra kit!

Which particular mission is that btw?  Was it destroying 5 communication towers or was it something else?

4 hours ago, Stellalune said:

Yes, it is this one, "Communications Breakdown."

Oh right. Thanks!  I got everything but the one on the highest peak of rock formation.  Actually, having a problem getting my way up there, lol.  Any hints here would be hot, hehe.  

Guess I'll be doing some back tracking.

Spoiler

You have to climb up the rock wall to the left of the wolf cave entrance, shimmy round to the right and pull up, then (if I remember correctly), squeeze through a little gap in the rock. Once you're in that sheltered area, you can climb up another rock wall and then shimmy along a ledge to the left and jump off. Then it's just a case of following the rock ledge round and up - jumping over a gap at some point, then scrabbling up a some wood - to the top

Where exactly do you get stuck? I haven't been totally specific in the spoiler above, mainly because I'm relying on my (geriatric) memory.

Edited by Izzy41

2 hours ago, jedicri said:

Oh right. Thanks!  I got everything but the one on the highest peak of rock formation.  Actually, having a problem getting my way up there, lol.  Any hints here would be hot, hehe.  

Guess I'll be doing some back tracking.

If you can describe where you're stuck, I'll glaldy try and "hint." If you just want to cut to the chase, here are screenshots. Good luck! :)