Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Apocryphile

PC hardware requirements

I don't know much about computers, and don't know my specs for the desktop PC I have, but can anyone tell me whether this game requires more hardware 'muscle' than the 2013 game did, whether in terms of a more robust graphics card (or anything else?)  The 2013 game ran fine on my current PC, except for some rare slowdowns/glitches.

TIA

Hi, Apocryphile. I'm no tech expert, but I've heard from a few people whose systems could run TR 2013 but had trouble with Rise. Some were able to proceed by turning down the graphics settings. A few are still struggling or had to make hardware upgrades. One unexpected problem is that it won't run on 32-bit versions of Windows, as far as I know, only 64-bit.

There's a tool you can download from systemrequirementslab.com that will scan your PC and compare it to the specs for Rise (or any of a long list of other games) then spit out a report telling you whether your system is strong enough or where you might need to make upgrades. I've used it many times. It will show you some ads but doesn't install spyware or make changes to your system. I found it very helpful.

Hi Stellalune - thank you so much for pointing me to this link - it was very helpful!  I found out that my system won't run Rise, so I guess I'll have to plan on saving my pennies for a new system.

Thanks again - you were a big help!  :) 

You're very welcome. Sorry it didn't work out, but I guess that's one of the pitfalls of PC gaming. Still, it'll be worth it when you see how beautiful this game is. :)