Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Last Revelation Group Play

Stellalune

Level 1 completed!

I have a PS2 controller adapter coming in the mail, but until then I bound all the controls to somewhat make sense to me? The interesting thing is that I ended up binding them so that I can play with one hand. It's been a wild ride. I'm impressed that I remembered how to get through this first part after having taken such a long hiatus! The look on the guide's face there at the last never fails to crack me up. 

I do have a question though: F12 doesn't take screenshots for me during this game, only prtsc does. Is there a way to get F12 to work so that I can take multiple shots and comb through them after I close the game?

image.png.1b7089fc810ad2c874e0e921b5fa4ebf.png

Lara please, I'm just trying to pick up these shotgun shells. Yes, I know Nicki Minaj should be jealous. I agree. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CaityFM said:

Level 1 completed!

I have a PS2 controller adapter coming in the mail, but until then I bound all the controls to somewhat make sense to me? The interesting thing is that I ended up binding them so that I can play with one hand. It's been a wild ride. I'm impressed that I remembered how to get through this first part after having taken such a long hiatus! The look on the guide's face there at the last never fails to crack me up. 

I do have a question though: F12 doesn't take screenshots for me during this game, only prtsc does. Is there a way to get F12 to work so that I can take multiple shots and comb through them after I close the game?

image.png.1b7089fc810ad2c874e0e921b5fa4ebf.png

Lara please, I'm just trying to pick up these shotgun shells. Yes, I know Nicki Minaj should be jealous. I agree. 

Excellent boob angle! Thanks for sharing. XD

Not sure why F12 doesn't work, but I don't think it's just you. I've seen other Steam players complaining about it. I've been using Bandicam to take screenshots at 1-second intervals. Not sure how well the free version performs, or if it puts a logo on the screenshots, but there are other free programs out there.

I think i saw this same thing in Vegas once. On to valley of the kings!

image.png.b2fc0628e14e1a244e9606130d787e66.png

In Valley of the Kings, I learned that I am beyond terrible at maneuvering that jeep. Shameful considering I'm a jeep lady in real life.

Also, DUN DUN DUN

image.png.2a7835604177f160a574f9c4ea28b3e3.png

Von Croy the lizard man has returned

Edited by CaityFM
addin more stuff

4 hours ago, Lara_Croft said:

@Stellalune If i install the widescreen patch, does that mean I have to start over?

@Lara_Croft The widescreen patch doesn't affect your save files, so you won't have to start over. If you do have any trouble, I can always send you a save.

In case anyone wants to try it, here are basic INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PC WIDESCREEN PATCH:

There are three versions of Ed K's widescreen patch on my site. These instructions cover the MIDDLE one, labeled "Tomb Raider 2, 3, 4 Widescreen Patch - Advanced Version." This version includes the option to adjust the camera distance and field of view but doesn't require a separate program to open .rar files, like the others do.

After downloading the patch program (TombRaider234_Patch.exe) move it into the folder where the game is installed.

This will be in a different location depending on whether you have the Steam, GOG, or CD version. If you're not sure where it is, search your hard drive for the game program (tomb4.exe). When you find it, right-click it in the search results and choose "open containing folder" or "open file location". Now move the Old_Games_Widescreen_Patch.exe program into the same folder where tomb4.exe is.

BEFORE YOU RUN THE PATCH copy your original tomb4.exe file into a new folder. Then if anything goes wrong, or you don't like how the patch looks, you can just copy/paste it back into the original location without having to uninstall/reinstall the game.

When you're ready to patch, double-click Old_Games_Widescreen_Patch.exe to run it.

A small program window will pop up. Check Widescreen Fix and either tick "Select Aspect Ratio" and choose the ratio that matches your monitor (e.g., 16:9); or tick "Enter Arbitrary Aspect Ratio" and enter the exact value for your monitor (e.g., 1920x1080).

If you like you can also tweak the Camera Distance and Field of View by checking the options on the left and entering values in the boxes for each. I have included a few examples below, but you may want to experiment and see what works for you.

Once you have made your selections, click the "Go!" button. Then, in the next window, select the tomb4.exe file and choose Open.

The program will then patch your game. It should only take a few seconds, longer if you're patching all three variables. When it's done, you'll see  a message: "Status: Patched Successfully!" Now click the "Exit" button.

You can re-run the patch to tweak the settings. But if you want to revert to your original installation, just delete the tomb4.exe file and move your original tomb4.exe back into the game folder. 

Original installation (no patch) at 1920x1080 (a.k.a., "Thik Lara" ;)):

1-TRLR-no-patch.jpg

Widescreen patch at 1920x1080 with no change to Camera/FOV:

2-TRLR-widescreen-patch.jpg

Widescreen patch at 1920x1080, Camera Distance: 1050, FOV: 350:

3-TRLR-widescreen-1050-350.jpg

Okay so,

Finally got some time to sit down and play a couple of levels. Thought I would get through the 2 tutorial style levels tonight so that I could get onto the real fun tomorrow :D 

I'm going to give you some first impressions, since its been so long that I feel like its the first time I'm playing this game!

These two opening tutorial levels are really well done, sure they're not the most exciting levels you'll ever play, heck you don't even get to shoot anything. However, the developers really set this up in way that it teaches you and sets a base for the story to come, which is really nice. My only issue with these levels is that sometimes the audio is really quiet, making Werners instructions very unclear (luckily I've played it before so I pretty much know these levels by heart)

Weirdly the most nostalgic thing about these levels is the when you first learn to monkey climb, as a child I always used to race Werner to see if I could make it to the other side before he did. Granted, its a lot easier to do now than it was back then, but it brings back so many memories of sitting at my grandfathers house and playing his copy of TRLR. I also really like the touch of the multiple endings, and paths. That was really nice as I had never gone the path or the Heretical (as a child I never bothered to collect all the secrets). 

I also love beating Werner at the end of the tutorial, it always just felt like the smallest win for me! Anyone else felt that?

Anyways, thats it from me today, hoping to knock out a big chunk of the game tomorrow so I will update you on where I am at :D Have a good day/night wherever you are, and raid on!

I'm low key getting choked up over this area because this conglomerate of levels was what got me into TR. I didn't realize it until I was able to walk on the water in the temple, then it all came back to me! It's been 10 years since I played this level. I would go to my friend's house every day, listen to Paramore's RIOT! on repeat, and spend hours exploring around the sacred lake. I never said I was good at it, haha. The electric obelisks really brought back the feels. I'm so glad I'm playing this again. Also, 10 years went by pretty fast. Holy crap.

image.png.db31a45b66bf44b69078f79a1e27b913.png

On 4/4/2018 at 4:14 PM, LOKKEY97 said:

Weirdly the most nostalgic thing about these levels is the when you first learn to monkey climb, as a child I always used to race Werner to see if I could make it to the other side before he did. Granted, its a lot easier to do now than it was back then, but it brings back so many memories of sitting at my grandfathers house and playing his copy of TRLR. I also really like the touch of the multiple endings, and paths. That was really nice as I had never gone the path or the Heretical (as a child I never bothered to collect all the secrets). 

I also love beating Werner at the end of the tutorial, it always just felt like the smallest win for me! Anyone else felt that?

Anyways, thats it from me today, hoping to knock out a big chunk of the game tomorrow so I will update you on where I am at :D Have a good day/night wherever you are, and raid on!

YEESSS @LOKKEY97! 100% get you! Esp the monkeybars, had to win Werner "at whatever cost!"! Goodluck for whats to come, I forgot how hard this game actually is!

2 hours ago, CaityFM said:

I'm low key getting choked up over this area because this conglomerate of levels was what got me into TR. I didn't realize it until I was able to walk on the water in the temple, then it all came back to me! It's been 10 years since I played this level. I would go to my friend's house every day, listen to Paramore's RIOT! on repeat, and spend hours exploring around the sacred lake. I never said I was good at it, haha. The electric obelisks really brought back the feels. I'm so glad I'm playing this again. Also, 10 years went by pretty fast. Holy crap.

image.png.db31a45b66bf44b69078f79a1e27b913.png

I just kept on thinking I wish there were real places like this to explore, and pull levers to open underwater passages and see electric obelisks haha

• Stellalune changed the title to Last Revelation Group Play

Welcome to everybody who's joined in the last few days! I probably won't have a chance to play much this weekend. I'll be streaming Rise of the Tomb Raider Endurance co-op with a friend on Saturday afternoon, then watching some other friends' TR 2013 multiplayer stream for Extra Life from 10pm EDT. You're all invited if that's something you're interested in. Then on Sunday I really need to work on my taxes. Sigh!

Last night I made some progress in Karnak/Hypostyle Hall/Sacred Lake and discovered one notable new thing, thanks to a tip from a player called CMB1988. When you return to the Sacred Lake to activate the electric obelisks that @CaityFM screencapped, you can go back through the crawlspace in the northeast corner to the main area with the big pool. If you do that, another crocodile appears near the entrance from the Great Hypostyle Hall. In all the times I've played this game, I never thought to try that. I haven't added screenshots to the walkthrough revision but I will do that soon.

Have a great weekend, everybody, and keep me posted on your progress. :D

Welcome, @Mick! I hope you got some sleep. :)

I couldn't resist squeezing in a little gameplay after listening to a bit of the Tomb Raider Suite on the PAX East Twitch Stream. Did anybody else catch it? I'll post a link tomorrow once the video is archived.

So, yeah. Experimenting with a shortcut in the Great Hyposytle Hall when this happened....  :D

Edited by Stellalune
fixed typo

Movie recommendation Raiders!

I watched the new jumanji movie today and I was pleasantly surprised. It is remade as if the playerd are in a video game this time. They 100% drew inspiration from Tomb Raider and it makes for a really exciting watch! 

On 4/9/2018 at 11:06 AM, ColouredCascade said:

Raiders! I am having so much fun playing TRTLR and I just had to share my victory!!! I won the game of Senet on the third try! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD You can't see much in the screenshot, but that was my last move before I won... this made my day.

Nice! Now don't forget to reload and lose so you can get that third secret. :D

EDIT: Make that the next several secrets. Replaying Semerkhet now, and I forgot how much you miss if you win.

Edited by Stellalune

On 01/04/2018 at 11:15 PM, Lauren3101 said:

This works pretty well for me as I've just completed 1, 2 and 3 again recently. Going to try for a no medi-pack run, I managed it on TR2 but failed miserably on TR3 lol. 

How has the no medipack run been going @Lauren3101? I thought about you when I reached the piranha-like scarab beatles. Surely that's near impossible to pass without a medipack.