Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Last Revelation Group Play

Stellalune

Hi @Stellalune

I am having trouble with the widescreen patch, I've followed your instructions, but only the FOV and camera distance work. I also never had "thik" Lara but i do have black pillar boxes on the side.

I get this notification everytime I run the game.

These compatibility settings seems to have no difference, I've tried multiple options

Do you have any advice? Not a train smash in the end of the day, but a nice-to-have.

Thank you x

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Edited by Lara_Croft
spelling

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Lara_Croft said:

Hi @Stellalune

I am having trouble with the widescreen patch, I've followed your instructions, but only the FOV and camera distance work. I also never had "thik" Lara but i do have black pillar boxes on the side.

I get this notification everytime I run the game.

These compatibility settings seems to have no difference, I've tried multiple options

Do you have any advice? Not a train smash in the end of the day, but a nice-to-have.

Thank you x

Hi, @Lara_Croft. I'm not sure why that's happening but I'll see what I can find out. I am in touch with the guy who made the original patch, and he may be able to help. Just so I have all the info, are you playing with the CD version of the game and what version of Windows do you have?

9 hours ago, Stellalune said:

Hi, @Lara_Croft. I'm not sure why that's happening but I'll see what I can find out. I am in touch with the guy who made the original patch, and he may be able to help. Just so I have all the info, are you playing with the CD version of the game and what version of Windows do you have?

I have windows 10 and it is a GOG file

On 4/12/2018 at 6:13 AM, Lara_Croft said:

I have windows 10 and it is a GOG file

Cool. Same here. That should make it easier to solve. I wrote the original instructions using the GOG version, but I have not seen the pop-up about Optimal Resolution that you got. FWIW, I have not tinkered with the compatibility settings at all. Maybe try downloading my patched tomb4.exe file and using it to replace your original. I have it set for 1920x1080, 1050 camera distance, 350 fov. If that works but you want different settings, just let me know and I'll re-run the patch and send you the updated program file. If it doesn't work, we'll get Ed, the guy who created the patch, to come in and help.

So how is everybody doing? I finished my taxes, so I'll have more time for gaming now. Yay! :D

I uploaded revised walkthroughs for the second visits to Temple of Karnak, Hypostyle Hall, and Sacred Lake. There are still some rough edges, and I haven't proofread anything yet, but I'm making progress. It's definitely bringing back some fond memories. Heading into Tomb of Semerkhet now. It was never one of my favorite levels--despite being a "tomb raider," I prefer the sunny outdoors--but I'm looking forward to trying out some shortcuts and other suggestions people have sent in. I'll keep you guys posted.

1 hour ago, Stellalune said:

Cool. Same here. That should make it easier to solve. I wrote the original instructions using the GOG version, but I have not seen the pop-up about Optimal Resolution that you got. FWIW, I have not tinkered with the compatibility settings at all. Maybe try downloading my patched tomb4.exe file and using it to replace your original. I have it set for 1920x1080, 1050 camera distance, 350 fov. If that works but you want different settings, just let me know and I'll re-run the patch and send you the updated program file. If it doesn't work, we'll get Ed, the guy who created the patch, to come in and help.

Thank you for all the help Stella, I will def try that, but alas, it will have to be next week sometime as I'm drowning in work. Happy raiding all! Will join you guys again soon xxx

On 09/04/2018 at 11:38 PM, Lara_Croft said:

How has the no medipack run been going @Lauren3101? I thought about you when I reached the piranha-like scarab beatles. Surely that's near impossible to pass without a medipack. 

So far, so good! I got through the bit with the scarabs with about a quarter life lost which I was quite happy with. I'm starting to get nervous about the bit with the guardian, and I've just remembered those awful circular blade traps too - pretty sure I always got through a few medi-pack going through them lol. 

Out of interest is anyone here going to the composer buffet reception on the 28th April? 

48 minutes ago, Lauren3101 said:

So far, so good! I got through the bit with the scarabs with about a quarter life lost which I was quite happy with. I'm starting to get nervous about the bit with the guardian, and I've just remembered those awful circular blade traps too - pretty sure I always got through a few medi-pack going through them lol. 

Out of interest is anyone here going to the composer buffet reception on the 28th April? 

Good luck with it. Just save a lot and reload if necessary. :)
And no to the reception, unfortunately. I'm on the east coast of the US, so halfway between the two receptions and no time/$ for travel. Are you going? If so, I hope you have a blast!

I thought about going because I like to meet everyone but even if they paid for it for me to go it's the same as Stella says. I'm on the East Coast too

and it's a lot of fun but for one night it's kind of crazy. I went to E3 for Tomb Raider in 2012 and that was for 3 days and was worth it and a lot of fun.

Thanks, yeah I'm going, I'm really excited haha

That's a shame, I can understand that, I know there's one in San Francisco, not sure how far that is from you both - my geography is notoriously awful lol. I just feel sorry for my long suffering husband who is joining me without complaint despite having no interest in tomb raider at all! ? 

Edited as I've just seen you said halfway between the two receptions, so no good then :(

Edited by Lauren3101

Hi Everyone,

I came across this thread last night and it seems like great timing - I just bought a new laptop last week and was determined to get one powerful enough to play my old TR games - and the new ones (2013 onwards) that my previous laptop could no longer handle! I first discovered TR with a free demo of TR 3, but I think TLR is one of my faves. I'm not much good at them though, I'm embarrassed to say I never actually finished TLR! Perhaps I can do that now if I can get it to work with Windows 10! I see Stella has managed it so that gives me hope. 

Looking forward to some nostalgia :) 

@RunLararun Excellent timing! Congratulations on the new computer and welcome to the group. If you need any help setting up your old games, just give a shout. It's been ages since I played last Revelation as well, and I'm really enjoying it. TR1 is probably my favorite of the classics, but I forgot how much I like this game.

8 hours ago, Stellalune said:

@RunLararun Excellent timing! Congratulations on the new computer and welcome to the group. If you need any help setting up your old games, just give a shout. It's been ages since I played last Revelation as well, and I'm really enjoying it. TR1 is probably my favorite of the classics, but I forgot how much I like this game.

Thanks @Stellalune!

19 hours ago, Stellalune said:

It's working! I have TR4!!! :):):) 

@Stellalune I tried my cd and the patch from chronicles, but I just got a mostly black screen and had to force a shut down. I decided to spend a few pennies and got TR1 though to AOD from Gog. 

So far I have just used the keyboard. Hopefully I can get my gamepad working later in the week.

I'd forgotten how annoying and creepy Von Croy is in the training level. Makes me chuckle though, because my young cousin and I used to laugh at this bit. He was also scared of the...spoiler alert:

Spoiler

skeletons so I would have to kill them for him! I found it strangely satisfying to blow them off the platforms with the shotgun. Also liked blowing their heads off, but I was never very good with the laser sight.

This has made me smile after a rubbish day :) 

Edited by RunLararun

Hey, all. I'm still alive, but between work, the breaking Shadow of the Tomb Raider news, and some minor family crises, I just haven't had much time to play lately. I hope you're all still having fun.

@Tom@LCO I sent you an email about someone else having trouble creating an account. As far as I can tell, her IP address is not blocked, but she keeps getting an error when she tries to solve the 1 + 1 = ? test. I tried creating a new account myself and also got that error, so I think something's wrong on your end.

I replied to your email dunno what happened. Amazing the forum got upgraded and the ReCAPTCHA got upgraded also

and I removed the question challenge as they claim the new version now can better tell if you are a human or a bot better.

Tell me to try now should be fine!

6 minutes ago, Tom@LCO said:

I replied to your email dunno what happened. Amazing the forum got upgraded and the ReCAPTCHA got upgraded also

and I removed the question challenge as they claim the new version now can better tell if you are a human or a bot better.

Tell me to try now should be fine!

Thanks, Tom! Still not seeing the email, but I'll check my spam folder, etc. I will let her know to try again. Really appreciate the help. :) So, kinda OT, but did you go to the Tribeca event? I couldn't make it down but saw the panel on Twitch. They didn't show the demo though. :(

I don't think I was invited. I don't recall seeing anything. I got everything I needed on the web and had it up before they launched the event anyway lol.

I did get invited to the Tomb Raider Suite events as I'm a backer but I didn't want to spend the money to get there for only one night.

PS: The Official FSP still has nothing new in the ftp. We should have gotten everything beforehand with an embargo date IMO.

When I get a chance I'm going to put that in the suggestion box. As it stands now the OFP is only good to get the pure big files when you get them.

If you want to keep up with the Jones's and get everything up in a hurry you need to put on your pirate hat and hunt!  :laugh2:

Hey everyone, how's the play through going? I completed it the other day with no medi packs used. I tried to post a picture on here but it keeps saying it's too large.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there's a way to improve the graphics a little on the PS2? I have noticed from the PC screenshots and videos they are always much clearer.