Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Last Revelation Group Play

Stellalune

2 hours ago, Lauren3101 said:

Hey everyone, how's the play through going? I completed it the other day with no medi packs used. I tried to post a picture on here but it keeps saying it's too large.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there's a way to improve the graphics a little on the PS2? I have noticed from the PC screenshots and videos they are always much clearer.

I'm hoping to start playing again later today. Just had a lot going on lately. As for the PS2 quality, I wish I had an answer for you. Maybe someone who's actually played on the PS2 will have ideas. I've heard some people say using component cables helps a little, but the general consensus is to use an older, standard aspect ratio TV/monitor--or a really new monitor with an upscale/auto-adjust function. Once you start enlarging/stretching the image, it's just never going to be that good. :(

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Stellalune said:

I'm hoping to start playing again later today. Just had a lot going on lately. As for the PS2 quality, I wish I had an answer for you. Maybe someone who's actually played on the PS2 will have ideas. I've heard some people say using component cables helps a little, but the general consensus is to use an older, standard aspect ratio TV/monitor--or a really new monitor with an upscale/auto-adjust function. Once you start enlarging/stretching the image, it's just never going to be that good. :(

Thanks Stella - yes that's the problem, I'm playing on a newish TV that must be double the size of the one I had as a kid. I noticed a massive difference in quality from when I used to play on older TVs. Planning on buying a PC soon though. I need to play these fan remakes! :) 

Hi everyone! I am Mariana. I first played this game when I was 16 years old (2000) without a walkthrough I hadn't a chance to finish it.That time internet connection in my country was limited, mostly for banks.  Played it again on 2008 I can't remember were I failed. I think I 've been lost somewhere. It is on my bucket list to replay and finish this game. My husband told me to try one more time. Then I saw the post for this group play. I thought that is a sign!!!  It took me a while to enter the forum (had some problems) but I read it everyday. We were playing TR with you the whole time!  I also want to say that I love this game but I can see now that the gameplay is too bad and its levels are enormous so you can miss stuff you need to fulfill a level very easy. So I must confess that we play it only with the walkthrough and cheat for unlimited stuff. I am a cheater but I see it clear now that there is no other way for me right now. Maybe next time I 'll try something more difficult. But this time my only concern is to finish it for the first time! I see people here, some veterans of TR with no medi runs e.t.c., I hope that you will not judge me. 

I am glad to be in this group. Good luck to all of you. (you need it) I am excited and tired also. We are in level 32 I guess I 'll finish it this time.

P.S My dog's name is Lara, she is a miniature pincsher

P.P.S Stella my husband asks which is your favorite TR?

Edited by Mariana Croft

Welcome, @Mariana Croft ! I'm so glad you were able to set up an account. Thanks for helping us with that, @Tom@LCO:)

I'm glad you're enjoying the game. I'm still in the Tomb of Semerkhet but I hope to finish tonight or tomorrow. I've been going slowly, trying different things, and making lots of screenshots.

That's so cute your dog's name is Lara. I'll bet she is adorable. Is she adventurous and persistent like the heroine she is named after?

You can tell your husband my favorite Tomb Raiders are TR1 (my first ever) and Rise of the Tomb Raider, my favorite so far of the Crystal Dynamics games. Which ones do you two like best?

36 minutes ago, Stellalune said:

Welcome, @Mariana Croft ! I'm so glad you were able to set up an account. Thanks for helping us with that, @Tom@LCO:)

I'm glad you're enjoying the game. I'm still in the Tomb of Semerkhet but I hope to finish tonight or tomorrow. I've been going slowly, trying different things, and making lots of screenshots.

That's so cute your dog's name is Lara. I'll bet she is adorable. Is she adventurous and persistent like the heroine she is named after?

You can tell your husband my favorite Tomb Raiders are TR1 (my first ever) and Rise of the Tomb Raider, my favorite so far of the Crystal Dynamics games. Which ones do you two like best?

I forgot to thank you for helping  me join this group because you spend much time to find a solution! Thank you so much. Also many thanks to Tom! Yes my dog takes a lot of standing jumps and running jumps also! And when she was a puppy used to jump very high! My favorite TR is Underworld! (I think my husband 's too)  But I loved the Last Revelation. It was love at first sight!   Thanks for everything! ?

Edited by Mariana Croft

Hello Stella and everyone here. I am at the last level Temple of Horus! I am so happy but I will go to sleep. Maybe tomorrow.

I really want to see your screenshots. Lara took this selfie at the last level ??Goodnight everyone

Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg

13 hours ago, Lauren3101 said:

Hahaha, no judgement here Mariana, good on you for completing it. And your dog is lovely!

Hi Lauren3101!  Thank you for your reply. I finished it! At last (18 years late) the dream came true! ?  Good luck everyone. Can't wait for the next group play 

Edited by Mariana Croft

44 minutes ago, Stellalune said:

That's wonderful, @Mariana Croft ! Congratulations! ?  I'm still in the Tomb of Semerkhet and haven't had much time to play, but I have not given up. 

You add screenshots to your walkthrough. So you are more than OK . I know you are one of the veterans. 

I hope you enjoy it! 

??

Edited by Mariana Croft

I'm still slowly making my way through the game too, working on the Alexandria levels at the moment.

I love this cheesy animatronic mummy in the Egyptian Adventure :lol: Can't say I'm that impressed with the rest of the Egyptian Adventure. Way too many spike traps, I'm pretty sure it violates all sorts of health and safety rules. 1/5 stars, would not recommend.

These elemental things are so annoying, with their creepy little faces...

Elementals.jpg

Oh, I just found the lost Library of Alexandria? Better take a crowbar to it!

Crowbar.jpg

Hey, everybody. Tidying up the Tomb of Semerkhet and hope to post later today. I'm adding about 200 screenshots. YIKES!

Just curious: what's your preferred method for getting past these circular blade traps? Stand very close and roll as they open? Stand on the seam between tiles just before the trap and backflip? Diving roll? Other? I'll probably mention several, but I'm trying to figure out which one to make primary. I'm leaning toward the first option.

Also, what do you think about shortcuts? I obviously can't include every possible one or the walkthrough would be twice as long, but I'm considering adding a separate page with a few corner/railing bug options for bypassing the Rules of Senet, the senet game itself, and the rope swinging. Is that something you'd want to see if you were looking for a walkthrough, or should I just stick to the basics?

blade-trap.jpg

@Shrensh Gotta love the Egyptian Adventure! It's even better than Professor Worth's King Arthur Museum in Legend! ?

Edited by Stellalune
Added note to Shrensh. :)

Yeah, I know. Sill in Semerkhet, but making progress. :D Here's a thing I've never noticed before: a random fireball on the way from the senet game to the room where you pick up the rules of senet? I guess it's the fire for a torch without the torch.

rando-torch-1.jpg

rando-torch-2.jpg

Triple-posting is just plain rude, so please pardon me. ? My Tomb of Semerkhet revision is finally fished--including 285 new screenshots! I still haven't proofread too carefully or checked all the links but I need to take a break and go back to it later with fresh eyes. As always, suggestions/corrections are welcome. Now I need a nap. :sleep2:

Finished Guardian of Semerkhet with only 100 more screenshots. ? No major discoveries this time. I debated including the first secret after releasing the guardian but ultimately decided to leave it as is. Man, I hate that bull, but compared to the Minotaur in the Citadel Gate, he's practically cuddly. This time, when I get to that level, I'm definitely going to try the bug where you use the motorbike to destroy the Minotaur. Has anyone else had any luck with it?

I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't gotten that far yet, but here's a video (not mine) if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVCEbztPjik

I'm just at the bit with the Minotaur, so I gave the motorcycle bug a try and it worked great :D No more annoying Minotaur! ?

And of course I just had to do the setting Lara alight and running to trigger a cutscene thing in the Citadel Gate

onfire.jpg

11 hours ago, Shrensh said:

I'm just at the bit with the Minotaur, so I gave the motorcycle bug a try and it worked great :D No more annoying Minotaur! ?

And of course I just had to do the setting Lara alight and running to trigger a cutscene thing in the Citadel Gate

Awesome! Can't wait to try both. 

Just finished Desert Railroad. Not much new there, just a few screenshots where before there weren't any. (Hurrah for cable instead of dial-up internet!)

One new trick came from a player named Chelle who sent it to me ages ago. As you're heading back toward the front of the train, there's a cutscene where two assassins jump from moving trucks onto the train. If you fire a flash grenade just before the cutscene starts, you can blind the assassins and they'll miss their jumps and fall onto the siding. You can also use it before the earlier cutscene, but you need to use the all-weapons cheat there, since you won't have the grenade launcher yet.

Edited by Stellalune
replaced slightly janky video with somewhat less janky video

• 4 weeks later...

I got distracted by work-related stuff, not to mention all this Shadow of the Tomb Raider news, so I've been moving even more slowly through TR4 than before. I just finished the revisions for the Coastal Ruins (first visit) and Catacombs. For the Catacombs, I think I nailed down the triggers for the buggy medipack and shotgun ammo in the room with the first Trident, and I finally added the missed items in the alcove below the third Trident. About time, eh? The game's only been out 18+ years! ?

@Tom@LCO (and anybody else who might be interested), I also spent last weekend shifting the entire site from HTTP to HTTPS. Yawn! ? I don't think I screwed up anything major, but I guess we'll see. I have no idea if it will make any difference going forward, but Google keeps telling me to get on the bandwagon. I figured if I'm going to lose search engine ranking during the transition, I want a little time to gain it back before Shadow comes out. ?