Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Paititi Collectibles (Maybe Spoilers)

Big Tyler 08

Hello LCO:

I have a couple questions regarding the Hidden City Paititi.

1. There is a Document and Relic near the rice fields of HC below the cave where Uchu/Jonah are sitting. How do I access them?

-I read they are in Skull Cave/cave with a broken water wheel. I have walked all over Paititi and can find no entrance to said cave(s)

2. I am also missing 2 challenges in Paititi.  Are they in the area closed off by the Serpent Guard?

-I have 4/6. (Dive, Frogs, Decimals,Condor nests)

Since Stella still working on walkthrough, all the youtube vids/picture sites show location of collectibles, but not HOW TO GET to said collectibles xD

My OCD is about to have Lara go Kool Aid man on this damn city -_-    Please and thank you :)

A fifth challenge is finding secrets in crypts, that can start before the serpent guard bit (which I haven't done as I type this).  The only one I've completed here is the feathers one but am just about to finish the diving one - I DID press B on the controller the first time I tried!

Edited by SpirantCrayon22

Hi, @Big Tyler 08. I have most of an answer for you. ;)

Below are links to screenshots of the entrance to the Skull Cave. I haven't reached that point in my second playthrough, so I'm not sure if it's accessible before you reach the point in the story where you need to go there. So if you can't find it immediately, just keep following the main objectives, and it will open up. That said, I don't think the document and relic you are looking for are in there. I don't remember where the document is, but my 3rd and 4th screenshots show the relic. I suspect the document is nearby and not in the cave. Sorry if this is wrong, but I don't have a convenient save from before I found those two items, so I can't check it. Hopefully all will be revealed as you progress.

As for the challenges, like @SpirantCrayon22 said, one is the Crypts. The other is in the area on the east side of the city that you haven't reached yet. If you still can't find it once you're in that area, let us know and we'll hook you up. Happy hunting!

Skull Cave game world view

Skull Cave map position

Relic game world view

Relic map position

Thank you for the replies :).  I've figured the two collectibles were probally not accessible yet.  I took one of your maps Stella and marked the Relic and Document that are wracking my OCD lol.   The markers for both show them below the ground inside the mountain. Only entrance i can think of is the waterfall nook to the west of them, but outside a boat, nothing under the waterfall. Also the camp to the east (below uchu jonah camp) I don't see anyway to get that camp for 100% lol

Inkedrelic-map_LI.jpg

Edited by Big Tyler 08

**UPDATE**

I found the Document and Relic that was driving my OCD up the wall :).

The two collectibles I have circled on above screenshot were indeed inside the Skull Cave. After you are handed the Serpent Guard Disguise after escaping Cenote (those enemies chased me like I had The One Ring -_-)

Thanks again for the help to both of you.   And as I mentioned in the email I sent the other day, keep being awesome for us OCD completionists on TR games , Stella. :D lol

No problem, happy to help.  Actually happy to see someone else posting.  Other than Stella.  Not that there's a problem with Stella posting.  I'll stop digging that hole and move on . . .

. . . to another question for Stella.  In the area in the west with the challenge tomb and crypt and albino capybara there's a not-very-obvious-how-to-get-to area.  I did manage it.  In the climb to get to the high-dive board on the way to the challenge tomb it's possible to jump to a lower high-dive board.  Behind that there's a region which has a sort-of den in the middle and in that den, apart from glowing arrows, is a glowing bow (if Eagle Vision is on) - but I can't pick up the bow.  Does this become explained at a later point?

Cheers

6 hours ago, SpirantCrayon22 said:

Stella, I found an explorer backpack that isn't on your Paititi rough map; it's more or less due north of the Wild Jungle base camp, right next to the bit of green that is separate from the rest of the forest, on the south-west side about half-way along.

Awesome! I will check it out. Thanks!

Edit: @SpirantCrayon22 Just letting you know I added it to the rough map and will credit you once the actual written walkthrough goes up. Thanks again!

2 hours ago, Big Tyler 08 said:

**UPDATE**

I found the Document and Relic that was driving my OCD up the wall :).

The two collectibles I have circled on above screenshot were indeed inside the Skull Cave. After you are handed the Serpent Guard Disguise after escaping Cenote (those enemies chased me like I had The One Ring -_-)

Thanks again for the help to both of you.   And as I mentioned in the email I sent the other day, keep being awesome for us OCD completionists on TR games , Stella. :D lol

Sorry, I misunderstood which ones you were talking about. Glad it worked out. :)

1 hour ago, SpirantCrayon22 said:

No problem, happy to help.  Actually happy to see someone else posting.  Other than Stella.  Not that there's a problem with Stella posting.  I'll stop digging that hole and move on . . .

. . . to another question for Stella.  In the area in the west with the challenge tomb and crypt and albino capybara there's a not-very-obvious-how-to-get-to area.  I did manage it.  In the climb to get to the high-dive board on the way to the challenge tomb it's possible to jump to a lower high-dive board.  Behind that there's a region which has a sort-of den in the middle and in that den, apart from glowing arrows, is a glowing bow (if Eagle Vision is on) - but I can't pick up the bow.  Does this become explained at a later point?

Cheers

Can you please show me where it is on the map? I was rushing my first time through so I could complete the game and get writing, and I'm sure I missed a lot of little things--or saw them and promptly forgot. :D I definitely want to check it out.

Okay . . . looking at your rough map, go to the "Wild Jungle" base camp, the one just west of the Hidden City proper.  From there go south along the water to the pool, just on the left is a place she can climb out of the water, there's a tree to climb, then jump over to the rock face via a branch.  Traverse the rock face to the right, jump up, traverse to the right, then climb to level ground.  Head around the rock and there's a cliff edge to which she needs to jump, do that and climb to level ground again.  At this point there's a branch to walk out onto but hold your horses at this point.  The idea to go further up to the crypt is to veer to the left a little and jump to another rock face - but don't do that.  Look down to the right and there's a diving platform.  Walk out onto the branch but at the joint, face the diving platform and jump over.  I've got Lara right at that point now so of course it isn't going to work but I managed it earlier, let's see . . . no I did it again.  Hold the jump button and Lara grabs the diving platform.  Head into this area.  It's a region above part of the challenge tomb and corresponds to what is represented on the map.  I did a couple of screen grabs but I'm not very sophisticated when it comes to posting them.  If you go to xboxdvr and search for my gamertag, spirantcrayon22, you can look for my screen grabs.  I did one showing the glowing bow and then one showing the location of Lara at that point.  ttfn!

An extra thought on this is that there are about ten quivers of arrows lying around the area which for some reason indicates to me it's a bit of a boss fight arena.

Even though I could be very wrong, I heard there is a side mission where you get a bow for the Ceremony, and a bow via main story that unlocks confusion arrows.

Maybe one of those two things?  I am probally wrong though xD  Can't look at map since currently trying to free Hakan side quest (hilarious cheevo name xD)

1 hour ago, SpirantCrayon22 said:

Okay . . . looking at your rough map, go to the "Wild Jungle" base camp, the one just west of the Hidden City proper.  [snip]

An extra thought on this is that there are about ten quivers of arrows lying around the area which for some reason indicates to me it's a bit of a boss fight arena.

Thanks! That helped a lot. Yes, this area is involved in a side mission. It's part 3 of the one called "Hearts and Minds." The goal is to retrieve the Champion's Bow. You get it from Uchu, I believe, after you've completed his previous missions.

Edit: Normally you'd get into that area from the north end, near where that wheel-shaped thing is indicated on the map at the top of this area.

Edited by Stellalune
added more info

52 minutes ago, Big Tyler 08 said:

Even though I could be very wrong, I heard there is a side mission where you get a bow for the Ceremony, and a bow via main story that unlocks confusion arrows.

Maybe one of those two things?  I am probally wrong though xD  Can't look at map since currently trying to free Hakan side quest (hilarious cheevo name xD)

Yes to the side mission (see my previous reply to SpraintCrayon), no to Fear Arrows. those are in a different level. ;)

I don't know who makes up these achievement/trophy names, but there should be a category at the VGAs for the best ones. TR would definitely win a few. :D

Looking at your map Stella, I only have 1 collectible left on the HIdden city map.  However, it is the last document but will show me 41/42.

I don't think one glitched, or is there one that doesn't show, but gets picked up in a cutscene or side mission or ?

My map matched yours, and far as I know I have backpacks/archives.  :l

22 minutes ago, Big Tyler 08 said:

Looking at your map Stella, I only have 1 collectible left on the HIdden city map.  However, it is the last document but will show me 41/42.

I don't think one glitched, or is there one that doesn't show, but gets picked up in a cutscene or side mission or ?

My map matched yours, and far as I know I have backpacks/archives.  :l

I'm not sure, but I will try and look more closely when I get to that level again. It's going to be a while though since I'm only in the flashback section now. Still a ways to go.

3 minutes ago, Stellalune said:

Where is that on the map? Do I have it marked correctly?

It is. I just couldn't get a good zoomed in view. the document was near the document that is next to the treasure chest on the Serpent Guard side of city. the document looked like a building XD didn't see the dog ear on it.

Hey!  What has this game done?  I've ended up leaving Paititi and am in the next bit where she gets separated from Jonah (again again again again again).  I didn't see any chance to do a few bits and bobs before the game just carried me along.  Missing three side missions in Paititi, one challenge (I can see the point on Stella's map where it's marked in the east bit of the hidden city, right under a rope bridge but I saw no clue at all, with or without Eagle Vision, to work out what to do so that one isn't even started, I did notice skeletons crucified on cliff faces, they were glowing in Eagle Vision but I couldn't shoot them or anything), two documents (one is marked on the map in the east bit of the city, perhaps this is what Big Tyler 08 mentioned).  I have not got that bow in the capybara area.  Did I miss something in all this?  I presume I can fast-travel back at some point soon (I have reached the first base camp in the next bit where fast-travel is blocked) but must confess got irritated by not even being able to have a break after the battle with the Trinity blokes.  Anyway, I'm sure it'll work out but if anyone has any helpful hint/comment . . . ttfn!

Hello Big Tyler 08.  Just entered the Porvenir oil fields after a cut-scene where she gives Etzli an amulet.  Seemed a somewhat sudden exit from the area, basically.  She's lost all her equipment, knife included but that doesn't stop her using one for stealth kills.  Oh, well . . . ah, done that bit now and can fast-travel again.