Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Inaccessible Gold Glitch Hidden City?

EmbodiedBook

There’s some gold and a relic marked in the Hidden City right near the Temple District base camp. It’s inside a hut with a hole covered by a mat of sticks that lights up when you use survivor’s sense. However there’s no interaction point and you can’t use weapons here to break or blow it up. I’ve looked for an alternate way in, and can’t find one. Has anyone else run into this? It’s driving me crazy.

Here are screenshots.

Spoiler

If you go to this location on the map:

bandicam 2018-09-19 10-10-36-714.jpg

Enter this house, and you'll find a passageway in a back corner.

bandicam 2018-09-19 10-10-34-046.jpg

The passageway leads to a room with an explorer backpack.

bandicam 2018-09-19 10-10-49-433.jpg

You can then swim down through a flooded tunnel to get to the building where they're making blue dye (white house with blue stains dripping down the walls). Or you can climb up onto the ledge above the backpack and follow the tunnel to the gold and a relic. There's a wooden trapdoor in the ceiling that you can pull down with a rope arrow to get out.

Thanks guys! I’ll check it out as soon as I settle in after spending most of the day at the VA hospital. I have to say: I try hard to figure things out on my own, without having to look online or ask for help from fine people like you. Certain parts of SOTTR, though, seem more difficult than I remember the Difinitive Edition or ROTR being. I admit it might likely be my own shortcomings, but something about navigating the map, reading map markers, and interpreting the menu stats, seem less intuitive to me. IMO.

Based on these excellent screenshots, my game must be broken, or, one of these Yukatek gods is messing w/ me. The spot where your screenshot shows a backpack is missing for me. And the gold that’s supposed to be next to the relic has pulled a Houdini. With the marker for the gold selected on the map, when I activate survivor sense, the spot where it’s supposed to be glows blue, even though nothing is there. I grabbed some screenshots as proof. Problem is their taking forever to upload to OneDrive from my Xbox One X. The only thing I can figure is that this next-next-gen console is capturing screenshots in 4K. Regardless, I’ve compared my screenshots to yours and I’m telling you the backpack and gold are not there. Weird.

HI RI27. I’m not sure how what you say could be true.

I’m pretty sure the player you called out for not giving directions, did, in fact, concur with my initial description of the location. It’s fairly straight forward finding the hutch by marking either the relic or the gold markers on the map. A number of people in this thread commiserated by verifying the floor mat made of interactable sticks. The confusing for finding the hut was never an issue; just how to get underneath that mat. And then Stella posted excellent screen shots that 1) showed exactly the location of the alternate entry point on the map. And then another screen shot of the outside of of the hut containing the tunnel. 

I haven’t looked at your YouTube video you posted here, because just selecting it freezees the Web page on my iPad. And even when it doesn’t lock altogether, it slows things enough that I had to give up.

Regardless,I’m almost certain the information you cited as missing, is, in fact, present.

FYI

I'm getting the same glitch with the gold.

There are two ways in to the area, and if I remember correctly, the floor could be pulled down from underneath for Lara to climb back up. It's in that room that the marker shows the gold, but it's not there.

I don't know if this is relevant, but the gold icon (like the various Challenge Tomb icons) goes from grayed out back to white even after you've found the gold. So it looks like you haven't found it even when you have. Same with the jade pickup at the north end of the lake. Not saying anyone forgot what they did, but maybe the gold pick-up is glitched in general.

5 hours ago, Stellalune said:

I don't know if this is relevant, but the gold icon (like the various Challenge Tomb icons) goes from grayed out back to white even after you've found the gold. So it looks like you haven't found it even when you have. Same with the jade pickup at the north end of the lake. Not saying anyone forgot what they did, but maybe the gold pick-up is glitched in general.

Anything is possible. Especially forgetting something has already been collected—given all the extended periods of just running around.

I had to backtrack to the Tomb with all the Piranha for a couple of underwater survivor caches. I was barely able to grab one before being eaten by the Piranha. (Why did they put all those Piranha around the collectibles with absolutely no cover or no defense? And it’s not like those bloody fish moved around in some traceable pattern.) Then when I respawned and tried for the 2nd cache, nothing was in the glowing map marker. It turned out I had somehow grabbed both caches in the 1st attempt, but the map marker wasn’t being grayed out.

So you’re absolutely right about the possibility of this alternate explanation. For me, though, I don’t think that’s happening with this missing gold stash. Using your screenshots, this was my first time in that area. And because the marker for the gold was already selected on my map, it was the first thing I looked for in that room (using survivor sense). I made a beeline to that spot and found nothing but a glowing marker. I turned around and grabbed the relic that was close by, but the gold had vanished into the ether.

But then again, we are talking about me here. My friends would tell you this is likely the result of “Jimmy Luck.”

17 hours ago, Morph said:

I'm getting the same glitch with the gold.

There are two ways in to the area, and if I remember correctly, the floor could be pulled down from underneath for Lara to climb back up. It's in that room that the marker shows the gold, but it's not there.

That’s exactly right. I’ll be the first to mea culpa if the problem turns out to be me. For now, though, with 4 or 5 people reporting exactly the same thing, my intuition leans towards a glitch.

10 hours ago, EmbodiedBook said:

That’s exactly right. I’ll be the first to mea culpa if the problem turns out to be me. For now, though, with 4 or 5 people reporting exactly the same thing, my intuition leans towards a glitch.

I can't specifically remember if I had picked it up already or not, as I'd been through there and collected the backpack before the end of the game, and am now doing the 100% cleanup after the game. Either way, its not there, or the map has glitched. Luckily the gold doesn't count towards 100% completion.

3 hours ago, Morph said:

I can't specifically remember if I had picked it up already or not, as I'd been through there and collected the backpack before the end of the game, and am now doing the 100% cleanup after the game. Either way, its not there, or the map has glitched. Luckily the gold doesn't count towards 100% completion.

There’s something in your remarks that’s contrary to what I thought I knew... I thought that once you leave the main world for the final mission, you can’t come back. I ask because I’m right at the point of no return, and grinding to pick up the 100%. However, I would prefer to continue on with the campaign, and then backtrack for the collectibles. I just didn’t think that was possible.

Based on what you’re saying, though, I can come back after the final mission. Is that right?

18 hours ago, EmbodiedBook said:

There’s something in your remarks that’s contrary to what I thought I knew... I thought that once you leave the main world for the final mission, you can’t come back. I ask because I’m right at the point of no return, and grinding to pick up the 100%. However, I would prefer to continue on with the campaign, and then backtrack for the collectibles. I just didn’t think that was possible.

Based on what you’re saying, though, I can come back after the final mission. Is that right?

Yes, the game will automatically load back to the point before the final mission and you can continue exploring and collecting. As Big Tyler pointed out though, human enemies will not respawn.

10 hours ago, Stellalune said:

I don't understand the design decision to not have any human enemies respawn. I guess there's always New Game+ but still. That was one of the cool things about the reboot and Rise. You could go back into areas you'd cleared and there would be different weather, a few enemy patrols, etc.

I don't understand it either Stella -- since the game goes back to the point before the final mission, it would make sense that human enemies still be running around.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 1:44 AM, angahareth said:

I just discovered that that gold, as well as the jade mine at the north end of Paititi, respawns (right before point of no return mission i found them). Maybe that's why they stay white.

I'm more or less on this page.  I've done that bit a few times and the gold's always been there first time around.  It eventually respawns.  The map label after talking to whoever-it-is doesn't seem to affect whether the gold is there or not, I don't think there's a link beyond "this is a marker to indicate that somewhere near here at some point gold appears".

• 3 weeks later...

I believe it is a location glitch with the game. I also had trouble with finding the gold under the icon. Never went back to the relic place, because I had already been there. I seem to remember picking up gold when I got the relic.  I saw a video of the problem and went back to the relic location above the fire at the end of the swim from the dyer's house. There was 5 gold on the floor near the fire, which I picked up (Again?? pretty sure I wouldn't have missed it the first time). But, when I activated Survival skill with the gold icon 'selected', it showed the gold icon still white -- but across the room under the mat of sticks. I pulled down the mat this time and climbed out in case the gold actually does respawn and it will be easier to check without doing the swimming. I believe a game programmer put the achievement marker in the wrong position when coding, which might keep you from being able to clear the achievement even though you have picked up the gold in the other location.  I for sure have picked up the 5 gold (maybe twice), but the icon is still white on the Map. Hope this helps.

Edited by songwright