Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

why isn't it showing 100%?

I just finished the game.  I am a bit deflated in a, "Oh what a surprise, not," kind of way that the game isn't showing 100%.  This is where I have got to:

The "load" screen shows "98.92% complete".

If I open the map, zoom out and hover over each region, they are all showing 100% and all side-missions and challenges show as complete.  I suppose I'd better count the maps and rucksacks, they're not listed, are they?

The Artifacts "tab", for want of a better way of putting it, is perhaps part of the problem; most show as complete but the following are not:

"Path of the Stars" - 87%, I have seven entries in this so one is missing

"Lara's Notebook" - 81%, 9 items so 2 missing

"Gates of Hell" - 85%, 6 items so 1 missing

"Angel de la Cruz" - 28%, 2 items so 5 missing

"The Resistance" - 88%, 8 items so 1 missing

"Metamorphosis" - 88%, 8 items so 1 missing

"Homecoming" - 83%, 5 items so 1 missing

"Myth, Magic & Monsters" - 87%, 7 items so 1 missing

"Miracle Mission" - 87%, 7 items so 1 missing

"Trinity" - 90%, 9 items so 1 missing

At a base camp, I have 6 skills points available and the button has an exclamation mark but, unsurprisingly, all skills have been learned.

Also, the inventory has an exclamation mark.  In there I have 8 bows, 7 handguns, 5 rifles, 5 shotguns, 2 melee and 2 knives; includes anything from pre-order, Croft edition, season pass and the five golden versions of the normal items (is there a golden knife?) and anything carrying over from owning "TR" and "Rise".  There are 22 full body outfits, 9 upper body including 1 I can't craft (Kantu) and excluding 1 that hasn't appeared but should have (Manko), 10 lower body items, there are 15 equipment items.

Anyone have any thoughts on what is going on here?

Cheers

I don't think the archivist maps, explorer backpacks, weapons, or outfits count toward 100%, but the campsites, survival caches, and other major collectibles do. FWIW, when you're in the zoomed-out map view (where just basic features not individual collectibles are visible), even if you hover over each location, you will only see the percentage completion for the whole game. You need to zoom in to at least the second most detailed magnification to see the percentage for each area. Not saying you didn't do this, just trying to cover all bases. Also, don't forget Cozumel.

I have also heard from a few people who found every item but the game glitched out on them and didn't count some of their relics/murals toward 100%. :(

Thanks, Stella.  I did a bit more than just zooming in, I looked at all the "1/1", "2/2" items and they were all complete at the appropriate level.

Regarding the artifacts, I'd list the ones I have so in principle it might be possible to work out which ones are missing, but the game doesn't present which ones appear at what point so that's not a lot of help.  I wonder if there's a walkthrough-in-progress anywhere that is going to list all items in the game with the locations they're found . . .

Of course, the question is "why?"  Some actions over-write, so to speak, other goings-on in the game.  So Lara might be talking to Jonah but if "Eagle Vision" is pressed then that conversation gets killed in favour of her "note to self".  I wonder if that kind of thing is relevant in not registering items.  Say one's found and the message comes up on the screen but then something else happens that interrupts that process; if the item only registers at the end of the message-coming-up sequence then if it's interrupted maybe the game loses its chance to do the registration.

Quick reiterated question - do you know if there is a golden knife skin as there is for the other items?  Also I'd be interested if you have the same count of items and outfits, see what I might have missed along the way.  I am sure I read something about a community challenge to get a golden dagger skin (I don't think I'm getting mixed up with the real-life dagger that was hidden in the UK) but haven't found a reference to it, maybe I'd been playing the game too much and had a dream - better have a break . . .

Cheers

AFAIK, there are only 4 golden items, the ones shown on the Square Enix TR site: https://tombraider.square-enix-games.com/en-us

I'm happy to compare item lists. The problem is I don't remember where every item was found. I'm only up to Kuwaq Yaku in my second playthrough, but this time I'm taking more detailed notes and screenshots as I go. I also kept my 100% save in case I need to go back and check anything, but unfortunately, the maps just show that there was an artifact, relic, mural, etc., in a particular location, not specifically what it was.

I don't have time to type out a list right now, but I recorded a video of everything in the Artifacts menu if you want to run down the list yourself. Sorry, it's a little sloppy, but at least you can pause and look at each entry under each category. Hope that helps. :) Let me know if you want my weapons/outfits lists too. I didn't buy every weapon/outfit from the various merchants, so I know they're not required for 100%, but I'll gladly compare notes.

Sadly, it seems you are like myself and thousands of others on all 3 platforms that have got the glitch of collectibles not regestering even though the game knows you have picked them up :l

I am stuck at 99.87%  lol.  Lara notbook is 90%, with all the pictures unlocked.  and two collections are 88% :l

Thanks for the video, Stella, it's shown that the missing items are all very late in the game.  That makes me think it's connected to the broken crafting problem (Kantu's Golden Vest), something has stopped items from registering.  That stated, it might not explain anyone else's problems. 

Regarding the golden items; the bow is Facebook, the pistol Youtube, the Rifle Twitch and the pickaxe Twitter.  The shotgun (Bishop 600 - gold edition) is something I wrote about elsewhere; this page has a description of the confusion that matches my experience exactly.

Re the golden items, I apparently received the golden shotgun while I wasn't looking. (I've been replaying and haven't unlocked the shotgun yet so only saw the gold version when I reloaded my 100% save.) So I have 5 weapons now, still no knife though. Maybe the "mobile app" connected to the shotgun was originally supposed to be Instagram, but then they just gave it to people anyway. Mysteries abound!

I wonder if getting all skills blocks the 100%; maybe it shuts the menu progress at that point if you see what I mean.  I might have got the final skill around the point where it stopped registering items (Kantu's vest and the artifacts) although am not very sure of that.  I'll try and test it, hopefully I'll remember.  I'm being very "grindy" in a replay right now, I have just beaten the second jaguar and am trying to get lots and lots of skills before progressing.  So the hope is I'll remember to put the game in another save slot at an appropriate point where there's still a skill to get and a thingy to pick up and I'll see if I can get it to reproducibly fail.

I think the 100% glitch is just Squeenix being Squeenix.  If I remember right, 100% on Rise was the exact same way; glitched to all bleep till they fixed it.  But testing the skill thing would be an X-factor no one else has thought of ?

Though, I had a good bit of skills left over when I finished the game with all collectibles and the two achievements glitched, so, IDK :l

Edited by Big Tyler 08

Someone posted something on the official forum about this being related to a total number of "things" limit.  Point is purchased costumes count to that limit even though they're not actually contributing to the percentage.  I'm not sure it quite works out as different people post different numbers but the post contained updates stating what they'd done to test it and it does look thorough and convincing.  So that's my second play-through already broken.

Of course, SE are unlikely to do anything in the way they normally don't do anything, they've got their money and are currently running.  Maybe in a year or two it'll work, like the deer-not-spawning problem in "Rise" which appeared to have been fixed when I tinkered with a new game a couple of weeks ago but hadn't been fixed months after it was reported.

Bah, humbug, bad mood this evening.

Edited by SpirantCrayon22

7 hours ago, RedNed said:

U have to go back and complete Cozumel to get 100%

Thanks for the input but no, it's not that, already done.  All areas are 100%.  The problem appears to be that there are two counts.  Artefacts, murals and such count towards a "total count of artefacts" AND "game percentage".  Guns and outfits - maybe only those that can be bought - appear to count towards the "total count of artefacts" but NOT "game percentage".  The bug is that "game percentage" stops increasing when "total count of artefacts" hits a certain number, something like 332.  So if you have got 332 items including outfits but are missing, say, 10 actual artefacts, the game stops adding them to "game percentage" which can not, then, reach 100%.

A lot of people are talking about that inventory thing. How they found out the inventory thing IDK, unless typical PC data mining.

But I am going to do a 2nd play through the vanilla game (Take away the NG+ carry over) and only do collectibles and essential gear.  No outfit crafting, merchants, etc.

In a few days or so, if the Dr. Croft and Completionist achievements unlock, then it will prove what SE Forums say.

If I do not get the achievements, after a 2nd OCD rage, somebody will have to tell the forums inventory thing isn't it XD. (and find me some wood to punch my fist through ?)

I'll let all of us know by probably middle of next week (maybe sooner since all the tombs/maps are still fresh in mind) and see if the Squeenix Forums hold any weight.

Edited by Big Tyler 08

Ok, I can't seem to be make a new thread so I'll ask here since it's kinda relevant:

I'm done with the main game and have gone back to Cozumel to get the stuff I missed, but can't figure out how to get to it.  The third cache and the treasure chest are past the bell and cart puzzle, but I can't get up there from the base camp. As soon as I make it bell with the cart on top, there's nowhere else to go. Am I missing a path?

(Also, anyone know why I get a 403 forbidden error when I try to post?)

The Conzumel Ruin chest is where the rope dart part is.  Continue along the bell puzzle towards the knife altar and when you get to the ledge with with Rope Dart Coil, zip over there.

Then turn around and above you is another coil that will rope dart you to a ledge above the bells that holds the chest.  On the ledge with the coil and Mural, is an area below it that you have to drop down (under rope coil) and rappel swing to that leads to the cache.

As for getting past the bell that you had to push cart on top of, should be just once again jumping on the bell it raised and then the ladder/ledge >rope coil.

As for the 403 error, IDK.  Could just be a forums hiccup maybe? I just created a topic (Test) and was able to post. 9/27 10:18pm CST.

Edited by Big Tyler 08

3 hours ago, angahareth said:

Ok, I can't seem to be make a new thread so I'll ask here since it's kinda relevant:

I'm done with the main game and have gone back to Cozumel to get the stuff I missed, but can't figure out how to get to it.  The third cache and the treasure chest are past the bell and cart puzzle, but I can't get up there from the base camp. As soon as I make it bell with the cart on top, there's nowhere else to go. Am I missing a path?

(Also, anyone know why I get a 403 forbidden error when I try to post?)

https://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR11walk/details/cozumel-2.html shows the bell-climbing route, hope it helps

**UPDATE**

I'm half way through Paititi, so far not buying anything from merchants (outside knife, rope, lock) and no crafting outfits...all collectibles are regestering so far.

I can't collect no more resources but I am halfway into testing the inventory hypothesis regarding 100% glitch.

Should be done sometime early next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update.  It seems the San Juan region collectable items in the map are also glitched.  I avoided documents there and so on until after I'd got all the equipment.  The idea was that I could at least get the equipment even if I didn't get 100%.  Anyway, I got to nearly all the equipment; there's another bug preventing me from doing the final Paititi mission so I went back and did all the documents and relics in San Juan.  Then I finished the game.  Reloading showed a low percentage in San Juan.  Looking at the map, it claims I've only got 5 out of 9 relics for example, but the greyed-out icons for them show I've got all 9.  This is yet another bug, the previous run-through didn't have this issue, all areas were at 100%.