Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Lady Croft's mustard pot

Outrun the landslide... arrrrgggg

I have watched 'Outrun the Landslide' (Falling Apart, Mission of San Juan) being done on YouTube but I am finding this insanely difficult, even dialled down to lowest difficulty.  This is the first time I have been genuinely stuck and 35 tries later, I am wondering about seeking a saved game right after this is over (I am not even getting halfway, I guess my reflexes are not what they used to be 😲)

7 minutes ago, Big Tyler 08 said:

A few of those spots are tricky.  I can't remember all of it but, I think this flee sequence uses the rappel rope and grapple hook rope a few times IIRC

Yeah I have watched it being done on YouTube so I know in theory what to do, but actually doing it... 🙄

I can't even get half way (I had it glitch out once but all the rest were just straight fails)... I am up to 41 tries now & I am going bug-eyed 😂

Edited by Lady Croft's mustard pot
still trying

When Stella gets on/has time she can use your savestate and get past it for you probally. She had to help a person who had a glitched out jump on the Unuratu prison segment.

Just got to this today. Took about 20 for me. It's the hardest sliding sequence yet, but keep trying! The one that kept getting me was right at the end with the shipping container (?) and I kept going too far left.

On 9/25/2018 at 1:40 AM, Stellalune said:

Yep, I'm happy to do it. Just attach your current save here or email it to me (stellalune at tombraiders dot net). :)

Hello Stellalune. I'm having some issues with this level.. not a problem with reflexes or anything.. but after running the first part, jumping over that pick up truck, through the house, and then on some horizontal poles that swing.. she cat walks the poles, jumps, climbs on top of the ledge and stops. Nothing happens. i can move, slide doesn't come, music stops, people keep pulling a guy on the roof over and over again.. lara looks around herself.. but nothing happens. I can't move forward...

screenshot:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkGt5XEmIYl_mxGnPCtI9BUqAknM

any ideas about this glitch??

Found this sequence quite difficult, she seemed to fail on certain actions even though I was fairly sure I had it right.  It's the two sequences, running through flood and landslide, that put me off "Deadly Obsession", I didn't want to get so frustrated that I'd end up on a YouTube clip.

For me part of the difficulty was that the timing is different than prior Tomb Raider games, with SOTTR, Lara has to react earlier than what I would expect to hazards, while in prior games, Lara generally had to wait until the last moment before reacting to hazards. The other thing is SOTTR continues the tradition of Lara being able to magically turn mid-air during a jump or drop, something that goes all the way back to TR1.

Hi Stella or the other heroes.

may I ask you for help as well? I am pretty frustrated and cannot do it. If anybody could get me through it would be much appreciated. I have attached my latest save file. Is it possible to modify it?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Kiwi-Frank

save1.dat

Edited by Kiwi-frank

Hi Stella, thanks very much. I will test it tomorrow.

-> Tested and it is working.

Game drives me sometimes nuts. I am on easy level....

Edited by Kiwi-Frank

this was probably the trickiest bit in the game as it's consistently difficult and is the one that really put me off trying Deadly Obsession, I pictured myself getting more and more and more annoyed and breaking 3000 worth of console and TV and thought . . . I can live without a few Xbox gamer points