Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tom@LCO

22 years today October 25th 1996

Happy Birthday Tomb Raider

I didn't know about Tomb Raider until Tomb Raider 2 but I played the first after the 2nd.

I remember after finished the first I felt happy I finished and sad it was over.

My all time favorites are TR2 TR1 TR6 Legend and TR 2013.

Amazing it's lasted this long. I started the site at the beginning of Tomb Raider 5 and that

was 18 years ago. I hope they continue to improve it. 

I still play TR2 from time to time and love it. In fact, it's one of the first games I ever played on a PC.

When I think of TR2 I have it burned into memory "The Opera House" I was near the end of the level above the stage floor and

not knowing what to do and stuck I thought it was best to drop to the stage floor and go back through the opening again.

When I dropped down the opening was closed and I had to start the level all over again. A Walkthrough Prima Book at the time

told me to jump to the balcony on the right. Also I didn't do the James Bond jump with the boat I had to do it the hard way in 23 seconds before

the doors closed in Venice. If I ever play it again I want to do that.

It was originally on the Sega Saturn first before it went to Playstation and the PC.

37 minutes ago, j7wild said:

It was originally on the Sega Saturn first before it went to Playstation and the PC.

Yes it was Tomb Raider One. Sega and Dreamcast couldn't compete with the popularity of the Playstation.

Amazing when you think about how the Xbox took off. I guess the key was to have a ton of money behind it to succeed. 

I liked my Sega Saturn.

I would never had been able to play those Japanese Lunar: The Silver Star and Lunar: Eternal Blue RPG games if I never had a Saturn.