Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Tyler 08

Cheese On Sloppy Joe's

The dinner I fixed tonight brought a light-hearted debate with some friends of mine about putting a slice of cheese on a sloppy joe/manwich.

Ever since I was about, I say 15?, I discovered putting cheese on a sloppy joe, and have been putting cheese on them ever since.

So I ask a very random question:  Do you all put and or have thought about eating a Sloppy Joe with a cheese slice ?

Negative. I rarely eat a sloppy joe but I would have it as is if I did.

I think Americans put way too much cheese on things IMO.

The only thing I like a slice of cheese on is a Hamburger or a ham sandwich lol.

Lol. No argument there.  And I do agree America does have a cheese fetish.  Outside sloppy joe's, I know people who put cheese on apple pie.  That...I don't do lol

I remember when gravy was the thing on French Fries and now it's mystery cheese.  Ketchup is far healthier lol.

I only put 2 things on my French Fries: lots of salt and ground black pepper.

No Catsup for me!

I don't put anything on my Sloppy Joe but the Sloppy Joe sauce the ground beef is cooked in.

Cheese goes only on a hamburger (or in a grilled cheese sandwich) and nowadays they even gotten out of hand: it's no longer a slice of American cheese anymore, it's any kind of cheese they can think of including crumbled blue cheese.

IMO, a Sloppy Joe is not a hamburger so no cheese should ever be on it.

Cheese on Apple Pie? 

That is so wrong and UN-American!

The only thing that goes on an Apple Pie is a scoop of Vanilla ice cream.

Edited by j7wild

I'm the same way with catsup.  It has been years since I had catsup on any food.  And 2nd on the vanilla ice cream !.

And I like blue cheese, but only on burgers or salad. 

12 hours ago, Tom@LCO said:

I remember when gravy was the thing on French Fries and now it's mystery cheese.  Ketchup is far healthier lol.

Depending on where you go, gravy on fries is still a thing.  One of mom's co-workers at the AL Forensics Dept always order biscuit gravy with her fries 😫

Nothing on the Sloppy Joe's for me.

For my fries it is catsup with ground pepper. It has been that way since about '88.

Just this morning for breakfast we had biscuits with gravy and ground beef.