Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Invisible wall bug in Hidden City - I'm stuck!

rufinoman2

I just rescued someone from prison by diverting the guards in Hidden City and now I need to rescue Colqui, outside the walls but I can't get out.

Every time I go for the exit, there's an invisible wall. If I reload a checkpoint, of course I'm still within the walls and I can't use fast travel because there aren't any base camps in the Hidden City, as far as I know.

Anyone know of a solution please?

Here's a video which shows the problem

I've run into this problem as well.  The only thing that I can come up with so far involves the possibility that you've completed the whole story (100% not necessary) and that will involve some fast travel from a spot that you may not have reached yet.

Bizarre. Someone else just mentioned this to me tonight, so I suspect it's a new bug caused by something in the latest update. I'll see if I can find more info, but meanwhile, am I correct in assuming you're playing on PC? And if so, can you load your last campsite or backup save? That should allow you to do the Colqui mission and then re-enter the upper city and play through. You'd have to replay the Hakan mission, but at least you wouldn't be stuck. I guess the other alternative would be to continue with the main story and then finish the Colqui mission later when you return to Paititi.

Rescuing Colqi takes place in a bottom right corner area of hidden city, in video seems you are in the serpent guard/temple area.  (moreso if you rescued the prisoner who is behind the rolling stone door rebels helped with).  I don't think you can leave that part of hidden city untill you finish the part of main story that takes place there which involes a prison and a story part where you climb to top of a huge fat statue.

But looking through that archway,  and the totem on other side of that invisble wall.......you should be able to walk back down those steps due to that being part of the Serpent Guard side of city.  Only thing I can think of (that don't label as a glitch no one seems to have solved looking at web) is it is the "can't leave mission area" barrier that is present in games.

If it isn't a "can't leave mission area"......then it is a true out of nowhere glitch.  And looking online, doesn't seem to be ways to fix it.

Some solutions I perused are finishing the quest in that area, finding a camp fire further up in that side of Paititi, reloading game.

If you are on Xbox, you could delete save data from console (NOT everywhere) and next game loads up, your data resync from the microsoft cloud built into XBL and se if that works.

3 minutes ago, Stellalune said:

You can't see me because I'm covered in mud and leaves. So stealthy! :D 

And I learned my stealth from my Zoology/Forensics teacher in high school. He would stand in front of computer, then next you know, be behind the class room or entering the door O>O. Maybe it was time manipulation LOL.

2 minutes ago, Stellalune said:

I'm trying to report this on the Square Enix forums, but of course it won't let me log in or reset my password. Sweet! :D

Squeenix seems to care about it support as much as EA lol.

I did some more google search and nobody has a real definitive solution to the invisble walls the latest update is spawning all over the city :l

I found a solution on the Steam forum!

Right click Shadow of the Tomb Raider in your Library.
Click Properties -> Betas
Select the beta you would like to opt into
under Dropdown Select Build_241 -
Let steam revert the patch.
Try to enter the area with invisible wall again. it should work fine.

This does work and the invisible wall is no longer there :)

11 hours ago, rufinoman2 said:

I found a solution on the Steam forum!

11 hours ago, rufinoman2 said:

Right click Shadow of the Tomb Raider in your Library.
Click Properties -> Betas
Select the beta you would like to opt into
under Dropdown Select Build_241 -
Let steam revert the patch.
Try to enter the area with invisible wall again. it should work fine. 

This does work and the invisible wall is no longer there :)

If I do this, will I lose the DLC "The Pillar"?  It happened to me about a day after I downloaded it (and played the DLC).

Edited by Rapierman
Error

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Rapierman said:

I can confirm that I lost the 2nd DLC "The Pillar".  I think I'll pass.

Do you mean that rolling back to the beta version made you lose the DLC?

How about if you rolled back, as I did, find a base camp to save your progress, and then reverted to the current version of the game? 

I'm guessing here, but it seems a logical step to try.

1 hour ago, rufinoman2 said:

Do you mean that rolling back to the beta version made you lose the DLC?

How about if you rolled back, as I did, find a base camp to save your progress, and then reverted to the current version of the game? 

I'm guessing here, but it seems a logical step to try.

I can confirm that this works fine. The older versions don't have the invisible wall, but you can easily change back to the newer version once you've reached a checkpoint beyond the problem area.