Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
rufinoman2

Can't equip classic TR outfits

I've read a few guides that say the classic outfits like TR 2 don't need any special crafting or whatever, but when I select them, the equip option doesn't appear.

I've completed all the main storyline and am at 69% completion, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something here.

There are some areas where you can only wear certain outfits, Paititi in particular. This is a story restriction. When you first enter the Hidden City, you're forced to wear the Blue Heron Tunic so locals will recognize Lara as being one of Unuratu's allies. Later in the game, when you visit the upper city, there's another outfit that you'll have to wear in order to interact with the cult members. You should be able to change when you're outside Paititi, though. Outfits that are restricted because of location are highlighted in red.

As Stella said, Paititi the HIdden City is only area that once inside of it, you can't change outfits outside the Blue Heron Tunic and Serpent Guard Outfit.

A way around this is while outside Paititi change to what outfit you want to wear and when you fast travel back to a camp in Hidden City you will be in that outfit. With the condition that to change to outfits other then the two listed above, you will have to fast travel away from Paititi again.

If in lower (not upper) Paititi, Lara can wear any top or boot cover combination, and all this does is disable chat with some of the locals. The merchants and main storyline characters will still interact with Lara regardless of what she is wearing. I didn't check if all the missions require specific outfits.

Edited by rcgldr

44 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

If in lower (not upper) Paititi, Lara can wear any top or boot cover combination, and all this does is disable chat with some of the locals. The merchants and main storyline characters will still interact with Lara regardless of what she is wearing. I didn't check if all the missions require specific outfits.

At least some of them do. For example, Takiy (the boy who lost his dice) and Pisco the Dead require the Blue Heron Tunic, Awil (the girl trying to decipher the murals) and Ikal (the guy whose business partner was killed) require the Serpent Guard uniform. The game always tells you what you need, though, so you can always go find a campfire and change.

I forgot to mention, for the final game phase started by Lara talking to Etzli, Lara switch to any top or boot cover (just not complete outfits) before talking to Etzli, and complete the game with that top and boot covers.

Edited by rcgldr