Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

SEARCH LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME

Can't find more mushroom spawns

It's possible to kill the bear with just regular arrows. You need to keep moving so it doesn't get you, heal if necessary, etc. It's definitely easier with poison though. Do you have an earlier save you can load, preferably before dealing with the Trinity soldiers so you can save all of your poison for the bear? Even if you didn't create your own previous saves, if you're playing on PC or Xbox One, you can reload your last campsite save or backup save. If XO, open the Load Game screen and hold both trigger buttons to show the hidden saves. On PC, the backup saves will be on the regular Load Game screen near the top. Also, if you're playing on PC, you can download a save file from my site: https://tombraiders.net/stella/savegame/TR10saves.html.

Did you get past the bear?  Sorry, I might have been able to help more but didn't register the updated in "Rise".  There's a useful technique with this bear if you don't have poison.  You can creep down the passage, do a loaded shot at its head, hopefully get a second one off as it starts to run towards you; then run away as soon as that happens, out of the passage, to the right (from where you came in).  Keep going towards the end, jump over the snowdrift maybe - the bear roars and goes back.  Go back down again, repeat the arrow-shots, run away.  It works fairly well as the bear never gets close enough to cause a problem.  Totally unrealistic, even huge grizzly bears are much faster than humans but there we go . . .

12 hours ago, SpirantCrayon22 said:

Did you get past the bear?  Sorry, I might have been able to help more but didn't register the updated in "Rise".  There's a useful technique with this bear if you don't have poison.  You can creep down the passage, do a loaded shot at its head, hopefully get a second one off as it starts to run towards you; then run away as soon as that happens, out of the passage, to the right (from where you came in).  Keep going towards the end, jump over the snowdrift maybe - the bear roars and goes back. . . .

That's great! Mind if I add it to my walkthrough? With credit, of course.

sure, go ahead - it takes a little bit of practice but I was very very sad on a couple of run-throughs of "Rise" and spent 24+ hours just in the wilderness amassing XP to get the skills up.  Kill the bear, get to the next camp or maybe past the ship in the ice, fast-travel back to the wilderness, shoot birds, deer, anything, eventually the things start re-spawning, the bear does after 10-20 fast-travels, you can collect the bear-skin until you can't carry any more but you have to kill it in the cave or it phases into the permanent carcass out in the "arena" and then you can't harvest the fur; the only down-side of the shooting arrows and running away tactic is that you can't then harvest the arrows however the quiver in the arena area respawns on each fast-travel

On 2/18/2019 at 1:54 PM, Stellalune said:

That's great! Mind if I add it to my walkthrough? With credit, of course.

forgot to tag you with this, it's fine, I probably meant "sprint" not "run" away from the bear but I never tested just running to see if the bear can catch her

Edited by SpirantCrayon22