Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
WildAnnie

Can't find more mushroom spawns

Hi  

I've appeared too have used all the mushroom spawns so can't create anymore poison arrows. 

At a loss as to how I can kill the bear now 😣 any help greatlyappreciated! 

Thanks in advance 

It's possible to kill the bear with just regular arrows. You need to keep moving so it doesn't get you, heal if necessary, etc. It's definitely easier with poison though. Do you have an earlier save you can load, preferably before dealing with the Trinity soldiers so you can save all of your poison for the bear? Even if you didn't create your own previous saves, if you're playing on PC or Xbox One, you can reload your last campsite save or backup save. If XO, open the Load Game screen and hold both trigger buttons to show the hidden saves. On PC, the backup saves will be on the regular Load Game screen near the top. Also, if you're playing on PC, you can download a save file from my site: https://tombraiders.net/stella/savegame/TR10saves.html.

Did you get past the bear?  Sorry, I might have been able to help more but didn't register the updated in "Rise".  There's a useful technique with this bear if you don't have poison.  You can creep down the passage, do a loaded shot at its head, hopefully get a second one off as it starts to run towards you; then run away as soon as that happens, out of the passage, to the right (from where you came in).  Keep going towards the end, jump over the snowdrift maybe - the bear roars and goes back.  Go back down again, repeat the arrow-shots, run away.  It works fairly well as the bear never gets close enough to cause a problem.  Totally unrealistic, even huge grizzly bears are much faster than humans but there we go . . .

12 hours ago, SpirantCrayon22 said:

Did you get past the bear?  Sorry, I might have been able to help more but didn't register the updated in "Rise".  There's a useful technique with this bear if you don't have poison.  You can creep down the passage, do a loaded shot at its head, hopefully get a second one off as it starts to run towards you; then run away as soon as that happens, out of the passage, to the right (from where you came in).  Keep going towards the end, jump over the snowdrift maybe - the bear roars and goes back. . . .

That's great! Mind if I add it to my walkthrough? With credit, of course.