Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamy_Flo

Traveling

Hello everyone !!

I have a few questions regarding the game.

I'm almost at the end where you have to agree to one mission from the litte paititi boy and before agreeing, the games asks you if you're sure. If you go further, is it true you can't travel from campfire to campfire anymore?

Second, I want to get all the items and do all the challenges before, do you know if I have to kill all ennemies again while revisiting a place? In the cenote, a friend had to help me kill all these awful monsters and I don't want to be stuck there again.... 

Thank you so much :)

Hi!

Once you talk to the little boy (Etzli) in the cave you start the final segments of the main story, and won't be able to fast travel anywhere until the main story is complete.

There is one campfire/base camp in this part of the story, and you can add skills, change outfits, and change weapons there, but cannot fast travel anywhere. Because of this, before you start, you might want to save the game in a new spot before you talk to the boy--that way, if things don't work out, you can get back to where you were.

Once the main story line is completed, you will have the option to continue this game and you will be able to fast travel to any campfire in the game and clean up any missed collectibles and do any tombs, crypts, or quests you might have passed on the first time.

When you kill an enemy in this game, it stays dead, so you won't have to kill anything again that you have already defeated once, so don't worry about that bit. I have also not heard of/seen any new enemies spawn in old areas.

If you don't mind spoilers, be sure and check out Stella's exhaustive and most excellent and detailed walkthrough/game guide at:

https://tombraiders.net/stella/tomb11.html

Have fun!

5 minutes ago, jkirkman01 said:

When you kill an enemy in this game, it stays dead, so you won't have to kill anything again that you have already defeated once, so don't worry about that bit. I have also not heard of/seen any new enemies spawn in old areas.

Whenever I went back to the Tree of Life challenge tomb, the friendly locals re-spawned (Xbox).  Otherwise it seems so.  Wish the bloody piranhas would disappear, though!

34 minutes ago, jkirkman01 said:

There is one campfire/base camp in this part of the story, and you can add skills, change outfits, and change weapons there, but cannot fast travel anywhere. Because of this, before you start, you might want to save the game in a new spot before you talk to the boy--that way, if things don't work out, you can get back to where you were.

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. However, how do you choose where to save the game because it saves automatically ?

I play on PC--for that you hit the ESC key, then choose "Save Game", then pick your save slot.

Stella has this to say about the other platforms "On Xbox or PS4, open the Pause Menu and choose Change Save Slot."

If this doesn't help, tell us what platform you are on and someone who plays on that platform will chip in to assist you.

For Xbox and I'd think PS is the same, the game saves automatically.  The basic thing with changing save slot is that it puts the last automatic save in a new slot, it's not exactly a "save right here" thing - maybe that's even true with PC but I don't know.  Basically you're okay until you accept the point-of-no-return mission, then you get put in a situation where you can do nothing, so just don't accept that mission or do a new save slot then go and talk to Etzli.