Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Actresses Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman among dozens indicted in largest-ever case alleging bribery to get kids into colleges !!

Guested Account

Actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin and nine college athletics coaches are among the 50 people charged Tuesday in what federal officials say is the nation's largest-ever college admissions bribery case prosecuted by the Justice Department.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2019/03/12/felicity-huffman-lori-loughlin-indicted-admissions-bribery-case-reports/3139204002/

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/college-admissions-cheating-felicity-huffman-lori-loughlin/index.html

Lori Loughlin?

One of my favorite actresses from the 80's.

She was in Full House and Secret Admirer.

What the HECK she gone and do that for???

Read the articles!

Some of the money they paid in bribes to get their kids into these prominent colleges is more than the money they would pay for 4 years of college education.

Edited by j7wild

"I do want the experiences of game days, partying.  I don't really care about school; as you guys all know."  

-Lori Loughlin's daughter, on her YouTube channel last August!

She can go work at McDonald's if she doesn't want to go to college.

Can't believe her parents paid $500,000 in bribes to get her spoiled dumb butt and her sister into college.

Edited by j7wild

The kids come from wealthy families.

I am sure since school grade K and all the way to 12, they were sent to the best schools.

Their parents shouldn't have to bribe anyone for these kids to be admitted into the best colleges.

If they have applied themselves from grade school to high school, they will make good scores on the SAT and have the SAT scores and their high school activities and ranking enough to get them into the finest college.

Now since they couldn't get into the finest colleges without their parents bribing someone, it meant they had lousy grades from grade 1-12.

Well, whose fault is that?

It's not just the kids' fault!

It's also their parents!

For not paying attention to how well their kids are doing in school and for not catching it early enough to establish discipline and a school work regiment.

So if the kids got into colleges because of bribes, will they be allowed to continue their education?

I think they should be kicked out.

If some of them have already earned a degree, should that degree be invalidated?

Edited by j7wild

I agree with you J7! It's completely unfair to the kids who have worked hard to get in to good colleges, worked their butts off for scholarships, or they and their families scrape up the tuition fees! 100% unfair that these people throw bribe money at people to get their kids what they want and make their problems go away! Will there be action against whoever accepted these bribes too? I hope so!

Yes, there will.

In the article above, coaches and admission counselors and even SAT test monitors who took bribes to allow others to impersonate the rich kids and take the SAT in their place are being arrested.

You are correct Morph, for each one of these rich kids whose parents bought them a spot into a college, there is a kid who worked hard grades K-12, made good grades, did every extra academic activities they could (sports, math club, chess club, yearbook, etc) during school hours and after, their parents also had to spent a great deal of time driving them to and from, prepared for the SAT and made high scores, gone to several college admission interviews and wrote letters to Deans stating why they should be allowed to attend a particular college, etc etc

only to lose their spot to one of these rich kids who if they are like Loughlin's daughter in her YouTube channel video, who doesn't care if she goes to college or not.

Now trying to get into college even if you have good grades and a good academic record in High School and high SAT sores, it's like getting a job.

I've seen first hand what my brother's kids went through to get into the colleges of their choice.

It's no longer just get a good score on the SAT and apply with several colleges and see which one will accept you.

Regarding Olivia Loughlin, you would think with as much money as her parents have...I heard their house is worth $25 million, so their net worth must be considerably more ...they could've just bought the little brat a fancy clothing boutique or something to make her feel like she's a "success" in life.

Supposedly she makes $50,000 a year posting selfies on Instagram.

How the heck do you make money posting selfies and talking about yourself on Instagram?

No wonder so many of these young kids have no reality regarding what work and earning money is about.

It takes no effort to post a photo on social media and type a few words.

QUOTE: " Lori Loughlin‘s daughters are dropping out of the University of Southern California — because they’re afraid of being bullied over the massive college admissions scam that has left them feeling like “a mess,” a report said Thursday.

Olivia Jade, 19, and her sister, 20-year-old Isabella Rose, have decided to withdraw from USC days after their parents, “Fuller House” star Loughlin and her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, were charged for allegedly paying the girls’ way into the school. "

That's alright. They don't need college: their mommy and daddy have plenty of money if they can manage to stay out of prison.

Edited by j7wild

That video posted by Olivia Loughlin (post #2 above) where she talks about how she just want to go to college to party has been removed by her.

Her YouTube channel with the rest of her videos talking about clothing, makeup, shopping, girls stuff is still up.

By the way, Olivia had endorsement contracts with several companies as an advertising spokesmodel.

Those companies include Sephora and Tresemmé and both company have now dropped her and deleted any trace of her from their websites.

The Hallmark Channel has also dropped her mother's movie contract.

Here comes the lawsuits including one filed by the parents of a young man (who looks Asian and we know Asians with a 4.2 GPA do not get deny admission into colleges) asking for $500 billion, Yes! Billions, not millions, in damages!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6809747/Lawsuits-filed-500b-wake-college-cheating-scandal.html

https://paloaltoonline.com/news/2019/03/14/stanford-students-file-class-action-lawsuit-in-admissions-scandal

The only ones who end up making any real money from all these lawsuits will be lawyers.

I should had been a lawyer!!

Edited by j7wild

A friend of mine puts it best:

I'm neither surprised or dismayed at this continuing story. Rich people pay to advance themselves and their families and always have. The real issue here is that kids of celebs have paid for back door entry into college because their SAT scores weren't good enough to get in on their own merit. The real hypocrisy here is how athletes get into college based wholly on athletic ability rather than on academic merit. If you took the football and basketball teams and made them write their own SAT, how many could actually score enough to get in? It will never happen because basketball and football generate billions of dollars for the NCAA. College athletics is probably more corrupt than this entry scheme/scam that's in the headlines. Most millionaire athletes who went to college rarely finish degrees because most aren't smart enough. They got pushed through high school and college grades get fudged because every school relies on sports to generate revenues. The U.S. is the only country in the world where the highest paid people in the education system is sports coaches. But we never hear of investigations into the academic merits of college athletes. On the contrary there have been scandals where schools have covered up criminal activities of athletes to protect the financial interests of schools.